lets have a discussion.. who has the BIGGER movement at their peaks ..

I don't understand what gave you the gull to even compare Wu-tang to Dipset...I'm about to purposely ban myself so I can stop reading yalls thread man.

well ill tell you now, in 96, we lived in Hawaii. My brother had no business wearing wallabees

1st day of school 5th grade, i wore a Wu Wear shirt.

Wu Tang.

Senior year our color was pink, but youll prolly be able to pick out who i am.

but again Wu Tang

well ill tell you now, in 96, we lived in Hawaii. My brother had no business wearing wallabees

1st day of school 5th grade, i wore a Wu Wear shirt.

Wu Tang.

Senior year our color was pink, but youll prolly be able to pick out who i am.

but again Wu Tang

While I agree that they arent as big as the WU. What Dipset did for their time period was very similar to what Wu did in there respective time period. It was literally more than music with these dudes, they weren't pushing 5 mill but they were ALWAYS represented in the hip hop world heavy. word to the what's really good shirts on every corner you went too
laugh.gif

And in all honesty i think they are gonna do it again because there is no other real "group" in hip hop yea young money is doing there thing but i see them more as a record label than an entire movement

While I agree that they arent as big as the WU. What Dipset did for their time period was very similar to what Wu did in there respective time period. It was literally more than music with these dudes, they weren't pushing 5 mill but they were ALWAYS represented in the hip hop world heavy. word to the what's really good shirts on every corner you went too
laugh.gif

And in all honesty i think they are gonna do it again because there is no other real "group" in hip hop yea young money is doing there thing but i see them more as a record label than an entire movement

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The W and it's not close in any way.

Dipset wasn't even poppin' like that our here in the West in their prime, Wu had and still has the whole world rockin with them.

Dipset wasn't even poppin' like that our here in the West in their prime, Wu had and still has the whole world rockin with them.

I'm a huge Dipset fan, but a lot of y'all sound delusional. The Dips might have had a bigger influence on you on a personal level, but in no way shape or form were they ever as close to the Wu. Dipset was regional, Wu-Tang was global.

I'm a huge Dipset fan, but a lot of y'all sound delusional. The Dips might have had a bigger influence on you on a personal level, but in no way shape or form were they ever as close to the Wu. Dipset was regional, Wu-Tang was global.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

WTH are you talkin about...no one ever said the Dips had more followers than the WU.

WTH are you talkin about...no one ever said the Dips had more followers than the WU.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

What exactly is OP referring to when he says "movement" than, if not followers? (A term I didn't use in my initial response btw) The only possible way Dipset's movement was greater than the Wu was if it was on a personal level. I doubt at the peak of their popularity the Dips could ever sell out shows all across Europe.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

What exactly is OP referring to when he says "movement" than, if not followers? (A term I didn't use in my initial response btw) The only possible way Dipset's movement was greater than the Wu was if it was on a personal level. I doubt at the peak of their popularity the Dips could ever sell out shows all across Europe.

Originally Posted by zube42

This is what it boils down to, in terms of impact. Wu-Tang was (wildly) popular everywhere. Dipset might have been wildly popular in certain regions, but they didn't make a widespread dent in terms of relevance.

This shouldn't even be a discussion, honestly.

Originally Posted by zube42

This is what it boils down to, in terms of impact. Wu-Tang was (wildly) popular everywhere. Dipset might have been wildly popular in certain regions, but they didn't make a widespread dent in terms of relevance.

This shouldn't even be a discussion, honestly.

Movement you say???  At their peak you say???

Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

Tical.jpg

Odb_welfare.jpg

Raekwon_only.jpg

GZALiquidSwords.jpg

Game Over

Movement you say???  At their peak you say???

Wu-TangClanEntertheWu-Tangalbumcover.jpg

Tical.jpg

Odb_welfare.jpg

Raekwon_only.jpg

GZALiquidSwords.jpg

Game Over

how are you guys going to compare the wu with the dipset?????

really?????

the wu moved the world while the dipset was more of a local thing in new york.

dudes were straight bumping the wu in their peak here in l.a. when i was a kid.

and when the dipset was rarely bumped here.

im not bashing the dipset but the wu tang movement was world wide. you have dudes in japan bumping the wu and the dipset seemed more like a local movement.

how are you guys going to compare the wu with the dipset?????

really?????

the wu moved the world while the dipset was more of a local thing in new york.

dudes were straight bumping the wu in their peak here in l.a. when i was a kid.

and when the dipset was rarely bumped here.

im not bashing the dipset but the wu tang movement was world wide. you have dudes in japan bumping the wu and the dipset seemed more like a local movement.

Back
Top Bottom