lets have a discussion.. who has the BIGGER movement at their peaks ..

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Kind of a silly question.

A lot of people on here are too young to appreciate how big the Wu movement was/is globally.
It's a straight up ridiculous question.

Wu by far.

Dungeon Fam even over Dipset. Probably G Unit as well.

Just because the Dips spoke very highly of their "movement" doesn't mean there was really that much of one.

Just look at the number of actual releases. Significance of releases. Sales etc.

Diplomatic Immunity was ill.

Come Home With Me was cool.

Juelz was also GROSSLY overrated.

And Jim is kind of a one hit wonder who's actions outside of music are bigger than the music itself.

The rest of the crew never really made a dent IMO.

Wu had a clothing line. Massive tours. Massive albums.

Solo artists all on major labels with MASSIVE releases. Tical, Cuban, Dirty Version, Liquid Swords, Ironman. Need I go on?

As for none of the Wu doing %%%+ right now, I'd say what Rae and Ghost have going on right now is stronger than what any of the Diplomats do outside of Boss Of All Bosses unless they come together strong.

Originally Posted by illphillip

A lot of people on here are too young to appreciate how big the Wu movement was/is globally.

Wu by far.

Just because the Dips spoke very highly of their "movement" doesn't mean there was really that much of one.

Just look at the number of actual releases. Significance of releases. Sales etc.

And Jim is kind of a one hit wonder who's actions outside of music are bigger than the music itself.

grin.gif

images
images

I will agree that I see alot of people in the WU making moves today though..very true

Originally Posted by illphillip

Wu by far.

grin.gif

images
images

I will agree that I see alot of people in the WU making moves today though..very true

I mean....I understand he put out soild albums. But "We Fly High" will always be what he's remembered for.

And do any of his albums even come CLOSE to any of the Wu solo's I mentioned?

Cam the only dude in the crew with a solid string of songs and albums. And he been fallin' off.

I'd take Masta Killa's album over both of those. And I *%+$# with Jim (NH) just 'cause he a wild boy.

I mean....I understand he put out soild albums. But "We Fly High" will always be what he's remembered for.

And do any of his albums even come CLOSE to any of the Wu solo's I mentioned?

Cam the only dude in the crew with a solid string of songs and albums. And he been fallin' off.

I'd take Masta Killa's album over both of those. And I *%+$# with Jim (NH) just 'cause he a wild boy.

illphillip wrote:
I agree with you no doubt.
but I think dipset's initial audience were the mixtape and broke crowd, until they donned Supreme Ts of course 
laugh.gif

maybe after the long delayed Purple Haze.

just saying they SHOULD get more credit then their sales depict.(imo of course)

illphillip wrote:
but I think dipset's initial audience were the mixtape and broke crowd, until they donned Supreme Ts of course 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by FlyGuy3

Wu Tang.. and it's not even close.
Gotta agree. To me and a lot of other people the dips movement may have had more of an impact, because we was really to young to take in the wu tang epidemic although we all knew of and probably listened back then. You had to be like at least a teen when the Wu was popping to understand. I was in hs when the dips was popping so we lived by that %#%#, but then again it wasnt everyone there was other crews doing their thing to.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by FlyGuy3

Wu Tang.. and it's not even close.
Gotta agree. To me and a lot of other people the dips movement may have had more of an impact, because we was really to young to take in the wu tang epidemic although we all knew of and probably listened back then. You had to be like at least a teen when the Wu was popping to understand. I was in hs when the dips was popping so we lived by that %#%#, but then again it wasnt everyone there was other crews doing their thing to.

Why you posting Jimmy's albums as if they're full of hits in them
laugh.gif
He IS a one-hit wonder.

Wu > Dips in their prime.

BUT...I enjoy the Dips more.

Why you posting Jimmy's albums as if they're full of hits in them
laugh.gif
He IS a one-hit wonder.

Wu > Dips in their prime.

BUT...I enjoy the Dips more.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

illphillip wrote:
laugh.gif

Sales was only a part of it. That's why I put "significance of releases". To cover the mixtape angle.

A mixtape can be very significant and not register one official "sale". 50 Cent Is The Future etc.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

illphillip wrote:
laugh.gif

Sales was only a part of it. That's why I put "significance of releases". To cover the mixtape angle.

A mixtape can be very significant and not register one official "sale". 50 Cent Is The Future etc.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Diplomatic Immunity changed my life...

Changed my life as well bredgren
embarassed.gif

But to answer OP's question, Wu-Tang's movement during their peak in the mid-late 90's would tower over anyone's movement, and I mean anyone's!!!!!!

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Diplomatic Immunity changed my life...

Changed my life as well bredgren
embarassed.gif

But to answer OP's question, Wu-Tang's movement during their peak in the mid-late 90's would tower over anyone's movement, and I mean anyone's!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom