let this thread die (NYK)

Eh at least Philly loss

What's bad about it is with our loss MIA just clinched a playoff berth.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Its not a refs vs Knicks thing man
I disagree. It's like when people try to front that there aren't superstar calls. Some players get the benefit of the doubt. Some teams get the benefit of the doubt. Half the fouls we get called for would never be called against the Bulls or Celtics. Look at the free throw disparity in the 4th! 20 to 1 was it? Melo rarely gets the super star calls other players like DWade gets. I guess maybe he should cry and fall on the ground more. Look at that last foul call on JR. The ref was literally waiting to call a foul. As soon as JR went at him dude blew the whistle without even enough time to consider whether it was a clean strip or not. He expected the foul. Same as they expected JR to act out aggressively right before they tossed him for no reason. And that's part of the problem. NBA refs expect certain players and teams to do certain things. Instead, they need to approach every single play as if they're unfamiliar with who the players are. Until then refereeing in the NBA will always be a joke.

Originally Posted by ICY DEAD BENZ

why you comin at me bro?
FOH already you Pacer fan. Game is over now. Go post in your Pacer thread.

Oh wait.

Originally Posted by ICY DEAD BENZ

why you comin at me bro?
dave-chappelle-24.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I'm shocked. I thought once D'Antoni was gone we wouldn't have any more embarrassing losses.
When the @+%! was that said?
I mean.. if we want to start singling out irrational or prisoner of the moment quotes.. selecting the two mentioning D'Antoni isn't a good use of your time because there's a lot more out there
laugh.gif
Even if I'm not directly quoting someone, people routinely acted like every single loss was a direct result of an action or non-action of D'Antoni. Firing the coach was the right move, but this team needs a scapegoat for the fans. Whether it's Douglas, Melo, Amare, the coach, whatever.. someone has to get the blame, for some reason it can't be a shared blame for fans.
Is this what I should expect in a bad loss now? Sarcastic posts about Pringles from ppl that didn't believe he was a problem? or think he shouldn't have quit?

Get over it? It's nothing in comparison the dozens of comments that follows a Melo missed 3 or the same angry responses to Amare's lack of defense or JR being an idiot or whatever other problem. We go up big and this team is unstoppable and we can beat Miami or Chicago.. we blow the game and we're the worst team in the league. This fanbase loves their mood swings.

I believed D'Antoni was a problem. I also believed poor roster construction, weaknesses of our star players, Dolan being the devil, and other problems that have nothing to do with the coach. Those problems didn't magically go away with firing the coach. I was never a pro-D'Antoni guy as much as I tried to recognize the other problems as well. 

Ya really getting tight at a pacer fan? The fact that they acted like they won a ring against us tonight is actually making me proud to be a knick fan. We have owned them this year and we gave away this game with no stat no Lin and a bummy bd. if we get that sixth seed some how and the pacers stay at the 3
smile.gif

It was a heartbreaking loss but it's over and there's nothing we can do about it. There were positives to be taken out of this game despite this being a game the team should have wrapped up a few minutes into the 4th.. Carmelo has found his touch again and even when his jumper has been on, he still drives to the basket and gets to the free throw line. With Amar'e being day to day and possibly returning in like 2 weeks as opposed to waiting till the playoffs, this team should be fine.

Realistically, the odds of this team catching up to the Celtics for 1st in the division were very slim, so this loss doesn't concern me. We're still very close to the 76ers for 7th but IMO the Knicks have a better chance at being competitive against the Bulls than they do against the Heat, so moving up to 7th isn't really a priority to me. If the team can catch up and grab that 1st in the division by some miracle, I'm very happy..But if they stay at 8th, I'm fine with that matchup.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Ya really getting tight at a pacer fan? The fact that they acted like they won a ring against us tonight is actually making me proud to be a knick fan. We have owned them this year and we gave away this game with no stat no Lin and a bummy bd. if we get that sixth seed some how and the pacers stay at the 3
smile.gif

The fact that he rubbed it in after we thought we was gonna win puts a lot of salt to the wound.

33d8byo.gif

so yeah this lost hurts me

Look at the free throw disparity in the 4th! 20 to 1 was it? Melo rarely gets the super star calls other players like DWade gets

I agree that Melo does not get superstar calls, but I disagree with the free throw disparity being because the refs "dislike" the Knicks. The players most of the time dictate how the refs call a game. Pacers were actively aggressive, out hustled the Knicks, regained energy from the shots Granger made....the aggressors always get the favorable calls (especially a home team).

Refs in general suck, period, in all sports......but NBA is by far the worst.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

So at this point who do we want bulls or heat?

Bulls and it's no contest..Nobody on the Knicks can hold D Rose because of his quickness...Plus, Lin played decent against Rose so if he returns a week or 2 early from injury, he could do some things against Rose..But with the Heat, Lin was having A LOT of trouble getting through the double teams, LeBron can do a decent job at holding Melo and vice versa, neither Landry nor Shump is holding Wade for a long period of time..Bosh is soft but last time he played the Knicks, he was making Tyson look like Eddy Curry..And even tho Joel Anthony is garbage, his length gives Amar'e trouble in the post...The matchups are just not there for the Knicks.

I know that the Knicks have yet to play the Heat with Woodson as coach, but I just don't see us having much of a chance against the Heat..Even though they look beatable now, Wade and LeBron will turn it up in the playoffs like they did last year (before the Finals)

Back
Top Bottom