let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm heated. Angry sex tonight.

Word, the wife gets two thumbs in the dugout tonight .....

With some old dmx playin
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
Pic of the wife
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

does anyone want to play me on NBA 2k12? I'll be the knicks
smile.gif

PSN: Nycknicks105
Anyone want to play me after the game? C'mon guys, I'm tired of playing the same whack people online. 

It would be cool if I didn't have to play the Heat, Thunder, Bulls or Lakers. I play against them enough already online. 

As much as I like Landry Fields as a person and a teammate, he sucks. He's not even a true shooting guard given that his perimeter game is non-existent, fool is shooting 55% from the FT line. I'd like to see the Knicks get a low post threat in the off-season...

What do you guys think Shumps ceiling is? He's a beast on D, athletic, has shown flashes on the offensive end but is inconsistent and can't create his own shot that well... I'm thinkin he'll prolly end up like a Larry Hughes or a better version of Q-Rich.

Let the record show, if I ever get my PS3 replaced and stopped being a bum, I'd play you.

It's the thought that counts, eh?

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

As much as I like Landry Fields as a person and a teammate, he sucks. He's not even a true shooting guard given that his perimeter game is non-existent, fool is shooting 55% from the FT line. I'd like to see the Knicks get a low post threat in the off-season...

What do you guys think Shumps ceiling is? He's a beast on D, athletic, has shown flashes on the offensive end but is inconsistent and can't create his own shot that well... I'm thinkin he'll prolly end up like a Larry Hughes or a better version of Q-Rich.
You are wylin
laugh.gif
He's gonna be a shorter Iggy/better scoring Tony Allen.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I'll be in Brooklyn and checking out your fair city...no troll here. On the real, I would appreciate if yall let me know the best spots to hit FIRST TIME IN THE NY

You're gonna come into a Knicks thread and predict a win for your rival Bulls and want us to hook you up with the top spots in NYC? What do you think we are, Minnesotans?
grin.gif

Shumpert is stepping up big with the absence of Lin and Amar'e...If the Knicks won tonight there would be a Shumpsanity story line in New York

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Fields can only play when his boyfriend Lin is on the court

This dude Landry is so damn feminine with his personality. Last year he played well (most of the year) because he had his lover Andy Rautins telling him he's the best player in history when he would go to the bench..Then Andy gets dealt and Landry is playing like Rick Brunson and looking sad as hell..Linsanity begins and Fields finds his rebound BFF and plays better than he had played in months and once Lin gets hurt and isn't out there boosting his confidence, he plays like garbage again.

I really think Woodson has hurt his confidence too. He pulls him with the quickness when the offense is not consistently scoring and the defense gives up a few buckets.

Idk Shump looks like he is gonna be a star. If his jump shot becomes a problem, its definite he will be.

After todays game he showed that he is relentless. A knack for big shots and most importantly hates to lose.

Could of been happy he had a great game but he didn't care.

Fields shooting coach needs to be tried by the people in a 1800's type punishment for whatever he done that he thought was right.
No reason why he should have 2 different shot just because of distance. Line drives from 3 and arc on midrange j is wild. But he didn't have a horrible game like JR

melo returned to form and shump showed up

we tried. we hustled. all through injuries

I aint even mad, I saw alot of good things

fields just doesnt fit on this team. we need a legit shooting guard

we couldn't even enjoy being over .500  
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
 but then again we actually lost to a legit team on the road so i guess i cant be too mad especially without our key guys lin, amare and jared <-=== 
laugh.gif

I think Novak needs more plays in the playbook for him..Especially while 2 of our best scorers are hurt..You don't think teams game plan to stop guys like Ray Allen or Ryan Anderson from shooting 3s when they're on the court? Yet, these guys always seem to be open multiple times a game due to screens that are premeditated. That's what the Knicks need. Novak only gets open on broken plays, offensive rebounds, or transition 3s. He should get at least 3-4 open 3 point looks a game. Part of the problem is that he doesn't keep running like Ray Allen does, but there's no reason for him not to. He doesn't get major minutes so tiring himself out should never be an issue.

Shump is slowly improving offensively. He was an inconsistent 3 point shooter early in the year but he has shown a knack for hitting them recently. Plus, he's not scared to shoot a big shot late in games and he has hit quite a few of them. Over the last 5 games, he has shot 50% from the field and 41% from 3, which is great. However, he's shooting 60% from the freethrow
indifferent.gif
That's unacceptable for a guard.

JR Smith is in a horrible slump right now..This is the worst time for a shooting slump, late in the year. Over the past 5 games, he's shooting 33% from the field, and 14% from 3
30t6p3b.gif
Considering he's supposed to be one of the select few that is supposed to have the ability to create his own shot off the bench, that's not winning us many games. I was more than happy when the Knicks signed him, but he needs to be more efficient and effective. His defense on some nights is great, but when the offense is slumping, he needs to step it up.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Part of the problem is that he doesn't keep running like Ray Allen does, but there's no reason for him not to. He doesn't get major minutes so tiring himself out should never be an issue.
you just made your point clear as day... if your a great 3 point shooter it doesn't matter if you can't get your shot up... run around the court and go off screens or curls and get a shot off yourself... heck thats what i do in the playground because im just a spot up shooter... thats novaks problem really he just stands around hoping the ball gets to him... the assistant coach said it himself don't know his name but he said theres no point of novak being out there if he can't get a shot off 

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I really think Woodson has hurt his confidence too. He pulls him with the quickness when the offense is not consistently scoring and the defense gives up a few buckets.

He has no choice but to pull him although JR has been just as bad, but remember Woodson will alwsys go with vets. I always thought Landry could be a great energetic 6th man off the bench but now is not the time for experimenting.I wasnt really mad about tonights game, the effort was there, Atlanta was the better team. I just hope at least Lin and Jeffries can get healthy and stay healthy because they improve the team significantly. Anyone who thought this can be anywhere near a contending team with BDiddy as the starter can sit down.

Originally Posted by you go boy

Part of the problem is that he doesn't keep running like Ray Allen does, but there's no reason for him not to. He doesn't get major minutes so tiring himself out should never be an issue.
you just made your point clear as day... if your a great 3 point shooter it doesn't matter if you can't get your shot up... run around the court and go off screens or curls and get a shot off yourself... heck thats what i do in the playground because im just a spot up shooter... thats novaks problem really he just stands around hoping the ball gets to him... the assistant coach said it himself don't know his name but he said theres no point of novak being out there if he can't get a shot off 

But why would he keep running tho? Besides Tyson, who do you see on the Knicks that sets picks? Amar'e does occasionally but it's for a split second on a pick n roll where he wants the ball..He doesn't set hard picks that knock defenders off their feet..Jared sets good picks but he's hurt..Melo sets those half assed screens where he stands in between 2 defenders for .00005 seconds then he moves a few feet back to catch the ball in his sweet spot. Shump, Jorts, Landry, Melo, etc. should set HARD screens and get him open looks. If anything, I'd put Jorts in with Novak anytime he comes off the bench and tell him that it's his responsibility to get Novak open looks by setting strong picks. Harrelson can barely hit layups, so rather than cutting to the hoop just to miss an easy shot, he might as well knock a defender on their $*+ to get Novak a good look

does anyone want to play me on NBA 2k12? I'll be the knicks
smile.gif

PSN: Nycknicks105
Anyone want to play me after the game? C'mon guys, I'm tired of playing the same whack people online. 

It would be cool if I didn't have to play the Heat, Thunder, Bulls or Lakers. I play against them enough already online. 

I mean.. i'll play you. My PSN is Wavycrocket33. I run with the thunder HEAVY.. not because im a hypebeast.. its because they fit my style play which is SOLID rebounding,solid and athletic point guard with a jumpshot,a swing man, and some solid defense. I mean i'll try you with the grizzlies or the bucks(i'm a big fan of monta). My online record is 50-19. And i know theres alot of bums online but ive been playing some solid players lately.

But why would he keep running tho? Besides Tyson, who do you see on the Knicks that sets picks? Amar'e does occasionally but it's for a split second on a pick n roll where he wants the ball..He doesn't set hard picks that knock defenders off their feet..Jared sets good picks but he's hurt..Melo sets those half assed screens where he stands in between 2 defenders for .00005 seconds then he moves a few feet back to catch the ball in his sweet spot. Shump, Jorts, Landry, Melo, etc. should set HARD screens and get him open looks. If anything, I'd put Jorts in with Novak anytime he comes off the bench and tell him that it's his responsibility to get Novak open looks by setting strong picks. Harrelson can barely hit layups, so rather than cutting to the hoop just to miss an easy shot, he might as well knock a defender on their $*+ to get Novak a good look
have you ever watched rip hamilton play or even ray allen? those guys straight up run around the court all day... im pretty sure those guys have plays set up for them but if they don't work they just run around and find themselves to be wide open... its called being proactive... like when im playing ball i dont tell my boys ayo set a screen for me... i just run around and find a spot where im open and sometimes they set a screen up for me and if they dont i find a spot where im wide open and shoot... thats what im trying to say... novak is a great 3 point shooter but he doesn't try to get himself open instead just standing around expecting the ball to get to him

have you ever watched rip hamilton play or even ray allen? those guys straight up run around the court all day... im pretty sure those guys have plays set up for them but if they don't work they just run around and find themselves to be wide open... its called being proactive... like when im playing ball i dont tell my boys ayo set a screen for me... i just run around and find a spot where im open and sometimes they set a screen up for me and if they dont i find a spot where im wide open and shoot... thats what im trying to say... novak is a great 3 point shooter but he doesn't try to get himself open instead just standing around expecting the ball to get to him

But that's your natural playing style. I'm a great shooter off the dribble, as opposed to you who likes to spot up and shoot. I HATE shooting spot up because I feel like I'm not shooting in a rhythm. So if you told me "Yo, just spot up in the middle of the 3 pt line and I'll hit you with the ball" the odds of me knocking it down are gonna be lower than me just dribbling up the court and pulling up for 3 like Chauncey does. Plus, I'm sure you're a fast guy. It's not like you're some goofy runner that runs slow as hell trying to get open
laugh.gif
I've never seen Novak and thought "Damnnnn..he's so quick!" So to think he's outrunning many NBA defenders is pretty farfetched. This late in the season, it's better to set plays that work to his strengths than to change his playing style n turn him into a better player without the ball. That's something more suitable for training camp

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I really think Woodson has hurt his confidence too. He pulls him with the quickness when the offense is not consistently scoring and the defense gives up a few buckets
He has no choice but to pull him although JR has been just as bad, but remember Woodson will alwsys go with vets. I always thought Landry could be a great energetic 6th man off the bench but now is not the time for experimenting.I wasnt really mad about tonights game, the effort was there, Atlanta was the better team. I just hope at least Lin and Jeffries can get healthy and stay healthy because they improve the team significantly. Anyone who thought this can be anywhere near a contending team with BDiddy as the starter can sit down.
I know, I wasn't really arguing for Fields' case just stating an observation. It's clear to me we need a real sg. Hope we get a pick for this year's draft somehow. Fields right now although it isn't guaranteed to stick is an inconsistent underwhelming player. He's a type. Needs to be in a certain kind of offense with certain players around him for him to have an impact and be a decent player. I'm just about over it.

This off season he needs to be working 10 times harder than any other sophomore going in to their 3rd year. All summer just working on his game non stop. Dude needs to improve like crazy for me to want him to stay on this team for years to come.

At this point I just don't want it to come down where he's the reason we lose. Like I don't care if Melo is being tripled team in game 1 with seconds left and we need a 3, don't pass it to Landry, take that shot.

To the other discussion, yeah there should be more screens set for Novak and he should be running a bit more. Yes he isn't quick or outrunning anyone like Ray or Rip but he should make the effort at times. More importantly, he needs to stop fearing the physical contact and draw the foul more with his effective pump fake. I've seen him get his defender in the air multiple times a game the last few weeks now and he usually steps to the side or in and shoots or stops his dribble and pass. If he's not gonna take the shot once he gets his defender to bite he needs to get fouled and get those points at the line, especially late in the game when we need the points. Play smart.

I think ya'll are confused on the kind of player Novak is. He's not Ray Allen or Rip Hamiltion. He has neither the conditioning nor the speed to run around until he gets open like they do. His game is maneuvering into open spaces for kickouts and spot shooting off of screens. We have to get him more looks off screens. Unfortunately our second best screener Jared Jefferies is out so all we got right now is penetration/kickout for Novak.

I love when Landry's aggressive and drives or cuts to the rim, but he needs to step his shooting up and be a more complete player on offense.

Back
Top Bottom