let this thread die (NYK)

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

I do think a part of Melo's struggles have been due to D'Antoni not really using him in situations that work for him. 

Yes!  That is a problem due to a coach.  The coach needs to prepare the team and set up them for for success in the next game.  We look terribly unprepared.  Hence our anger at the coach.  Too easy.

No excuse for Melo, just stop it.

Coach preaches team play and ball movement, if you want to be stubborn to put out a weak effort because no iso plays are called for, then %#%!.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Coach preaches team play and ball movement, if you want to be stubborn to put out a weak effort because no iso plays are called for, then %#%!.

Seems to me that certain folks are making excuses for melo citing that he needs PERFECT situations to be effective on the floor.  Meanwhile, is it any coincidence that that Knicks looked amazing during that 10 game run (or whatever it was) in February when he was on the shelf?  Melo COULD conform to what's best for the team, but that requires him checking his ego...which I think he's having a hard time doing. 

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Nappy

this thread used to be so optimstic

its like the laker thread. it changes from game to game. one day its we winning the title. the next its trade everyone 
laugh.gif
If we win tonight we will throw a parade.

can you explain why there is so much respect for his system? what team doesnt iso? dirk iso about 10 times yesterday. 

they are def both responsible. But whatever. melo is having a  terrible year. after forcing his way here i dont care about the excuses TBH. A superstar should be able to thrive no matter what. And he isn't.
but this is what happens when your team doesnt have a vision. if you have dantoni as a coach, get him a great point guard and shooters. if dantoni is your coach why trade half the team for an ISO player in melo? it was pretty obvious amare and melo games dont mesh.

But I think that this coach repeatedly puts this team in a position to fail. it doesnt matter who is on the roster. he would get out coached with a loaded roster. we saw it in PHX.

I mean other players leave our system and laugh at dantoni. we are a very easy team to scout. we don't have an identity.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Seems to me that certain folks are making excuses for melo citing that he needs PERFECT situations to be effective on the floor.  Meanwhile, is it any coincidence that that Knicks looked amazing during that 10 game run (or whatever it was) in February when he was on the shelf?  Melo COULD conform to what's best for the team, but that requires him checking his ego...which I think he's having a hard time doing. 

the scouting report is our on Jeremy lin. Trap him and it's over. you really think Jlin and a bunch of guys is gonna do something in the playoffs?

what I don't get is how we can't adjust to that. if he is doubled someone is open.

we literally play pick up basketball man

it aint about defending melo because i hate alot of his game. He's here! that's it! the dumb owner stuck his neck out for this player. so instead of forcing him into a system which i dont have much faith in to begin with, we need to cater to his strengths.

Originally Posted by DubA169

the scouting report is our on Jeremy lin. Trap him and it's over. you really think Jlin and a bunch of guys is gonna do something in the playoffs?

what I don't get is how we can't adjust to that. if he is doubled someone is open.

it aint about defending melo because i hate alot of his game. He's here! that's it! the dumb owner stuck his neck out for this player. so instead of forcing him into a system which i dont have much faith in to begin with, we need to cater to his strengths.
phil-jackson-pointing.jpg

My body is ready. Time to get a real coach in here. 

No, I never said that...never mentioned ANYTHING about the playoffs.  What I said was that they looked amazing in Melo's absence. Record be damned, they actually looked cohesive.  Which is something that you can't say about this team for the duration of Melo's tenure in New York. 

Melo is going to get a lot of the blame, and rightfully so.  He's a "superstar" and forced his hand to come to New York.  The team was gutted to bring this dude in and their W/L record since his arrival hasn't been anything to praise.  If anyone else deserves to be boo'd (aside from Melo) it's James Dolan.  Yall know this tho.  He thought he could fit a square peg in a round hole. 

Tired of this clown running into this thread when were on a losing streak , when were winning or at least playing better he's ghost and so is his "analysis"

Also P-Jax would turn Melo into a better player than he ever was in Denver in the triangle. Dude would be a 26,8, and 5 player under Phil. Stat would would be a 21 and 9 type and Lin will probably be a 10 and 5 player but we would be a way better team. We ain't gonna win $#@! until we have a Coach like Rivers, Jackson, Pop, Carlisle, etc. who have real systems offensively and defensively that maximizes their star players abilities to make a better team.

yes they did look cohesive. it was fun to watch. I said Dantoni can be fine if he's on a team of "no names" that hustle hard and play his style. it was probably the most fun ive had as a knicks fan since 99

running melo out of town is just a bad idea. what star wants to come to a place like that?

bron didnt come here cuz of the media and fans. and it's easy to see his line of thinking. I think its cowardly but whatever. it's understandable.

Melo is fine. Horrible game. Bigger picture, you'd be ******ed to think this team is closer to a 'chip without him.

D'Antoni on the other hand 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Man I can't even read the posts in here anymore. Y'all blame MDA for EVERYTHING. Was he the one throwing the ball to the other team these last two games? Did he shoot 2-12? It's pathetic to blame the coach when our "superstar" cant do jack.

we repeatedly have terrible first and third quarters. that's the coach. our preparation is terrible. the rotations are terrible. he has no feel of the game.
it ain't even an argument anymore

Dirk was TRASH the first half. !%!$%%% terrible. ummm did Rick sit him from then on? did the team stop feeding him the ball?

nope. 

I'm not a huge melo fan but we gave up alot to get him. so lets use him properly instead of turning him into a role player/spot up shooter

for the record ATG it does seem like melo has a very negative vibe and is no leader. yes we are reading into things. But thats what i see

How are to rotations terrible? Did his management get us back in the game with that lineup he put out in the 2nd and 4th?

yes they did look cohesive. it was fun to watch. I said Dantoni can be fine if he's on a team of "no names" that hustle hard and play his style. it was probably the most fun ive had as a knicks fan since 99

running melo out of town is just a bad idea. what star wants to come to a place like that?

bron didnt come here cuz of the media and fans. and it's easy to see his line of thinking. I think its cowardly but whatever. it's understandable.
When the Knicks are good and are creating a positive buzz, it's GREAT for the NBA.  That 10 game stretch back in Feb was awesome.  Garden was absolutely live...

So, where do you think the Knicks go from here?  NYC alone is enough to draw interest from top-tier free agents.  No matter what happens with Melo, I don't think it will be indicative to the decision potential FAs will make regarding whether or not they want to play for the Knicks. 

Agreed to an extent about Lebron.  I think the media is one aspect of why he made his decision to play in Miami after toying with NYC and Knicks fans for about 3 years.  Melo, on the other hand, WANTED to be in New York.  This is why the weight of the world is on his shoulders.  People expect him to bring a championship to New York.  Anything less will be an utter disappointment.  

*with no 2012 first round pick, Jeremy Lamb is a pipe dream.    

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

How the #@!$ can we get Jeremy Lamb on this team ? Dude is gonna be a monster in the league .
nt-sh-f-srs
seriously doubt he will be a monster in the league.

i am not too familiar with the triangle offense, because I hated every team that used it, but is it PnR friendly? If not, Stat is screwed. He has no post moves and can't really create for himself. Melo can strive in it tho.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

phil-jackson-pointing.jpg

My body is ready. Time to get a real coach in here.
That's the thing if we got Phil in here and Melo and STAT started to thrive all the naysayers would then solely be blaming Pringles system solely for our struggles like they weren't saying otherwise.

FTR, I'm not defending Melo's bad play at all outside of the time he was injured. We're past that though. I'm literally saying I am not reading in to these things you guys see on the court from Melo that translate to him bringing down the team with his bad attitude. Son aint a leader either. STAT was our leader wonder what happened to that guy.

Man I can't even read the posts in here anymore. Y'all blame MDA for EVERYTHING. Was he the one throwing the ball to the other team these last two games? Did he shoot 2-12? It's pathetic to blame the coach when our "superstar" cant do jack.
we repeatedly have terrible first and third quarters. that's the coach. our preparation is terrible. the rotations are terrible. he has no feel of the game.
it ain't even an argument anymore

Dirk was TRASH the first half. !%!$%%% terrible. ummm did Rick sit him from then on? did the team stop feeding him the ball?

nope. 

I'm not a huge melo fan but we gave up alot to get him. so lets use him properly instead of turning him into a role player/spot up shooter

for the record ATG it does seem like melo has a very negative vibe and is no leader. yes we are reading into things. But thats what i see
How are to rotations terrible? Did his management get us back in the game with that lineup he put out in the 2nd and 4th?
It was his same mismanagement when he took out the 2nd unit when they got us the lead that cost us the game imo. Lin and Melo played bad. He already missed it up by sitting Melo for so long it got to the point where you can't expect a player having a bad game to turn it on or seamlessly join the flow of what the 2nd unit had going on when they went 15-0. You only take the 2nd unit out if they get the lead and then begin to lose it but that's my opinion.

Pringles should've been subbing in Melo every time Dirk came back in the whole game anyway and if he was so worried about bringing Lin's confidence down he should've did what he talked about and put Lin and Baron in the back court and slide Melo to the 4 and STAT to the 5 on offense. It aint like the Mavs get their scoring from the bigs they have not named Dirk who's game does not operate in the inside.
If we got Phil and started to thrive, who cares if the haters flip-flop?
nerd.gif

If it was just them saying Amar'e and Melo suck cuz of their play that's one thing but now we got part time psychologists reaching for anything they see to say one person is the cause for why we lose. On some look at Melo on the bench not clapping and cheering on the team when Lin makes a basket he obviously brings a bad vibe to the team.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

How the #@!$ can we get Jeremy Lamb on this team ? Dude is gonna be a monster in the league .
nt-sh-f-srs
seriously doubt he will be a monster in the league.

i am not too familiar with the triangle offense, because I hated every team that used it, but is it PnR friendly? If not, Stat is screwed. He has no post moves and can't really create for himself. Melo can strive in it tho.

Lamb reminds me of H-20 , He will be better than Gallinari will ever be by his third year in the league . About the triangle though if anybody can get Stat down in the post banging it will be Phil. Stoudemire doesn't post up alot but when he does and has good position I have seen him drop in that hook shot fairly well, the foundation is there.

As much as I hate to admit it the team would benefit tremendously from Phil Jackson and the triangle offense. The triangle offense emphasizes off the ball movement and creating passing lanes. It opens up a teams options exponentially. Great if you have shooters and good passers. Iso obviously fits as well. Pick n roll not as much. If you watch the Knicks play we have our guard and center/forward run pick n roll. Everyone else is stagnant spotted up looking for shots. There is zero off the ball movement and zero passing lanes created. When the two defenders crash on Lin they are able to easily recover because everyone is standing in the same spots they were before. I think Phil Jackson is overrated as a coach but his system is great if you have the right pieces. It pretty much does the work itself. Add in Phil's ability to manage personalities and you get a HOF career. Part of me wants to win without Phil Jackson hoggin up the props but at this point there aren't many coaches I'd rather have.

There's a great Sport Science piece from last year on the triangle offense. I'll find the link and post it in a bit.

Melo is shooting 40% for the year though...It's not like its one bad game.  For a guy who really doesn't bring much else to the table aside from scoring, he doesn't bring much to the table if he doesn't score.  I still have faith in him come playoff time for whatever reason.  Melo is made for playoff basketball.
I know I'm going to get slayed for saying this but I want the 8th seed (depending on the Bulls staying in 1st).  If we do anything this season, it is going to be a shock the world type of way, I just feel like this season could mirror '99.  Sports are cyclical, look at how the Giants won this year.  Besides we would run into the Heat/Bulls next round anyway, might as well go for the jugular from the jump.

Yea, but according to RoOk, Melo's got bad vibes, because he wears sleeves and a headband. It's the losing that gets people talking out of pocket. We won't remember a damn bit of it, outside of RoOk's gem, come next season.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Melo is shooting 40% for the year though...It's not like its one bad game.  For a guy who really doesn't bring much else to the table aside from scoring, he doesn't bring much to the table if he doesn't score.  I still have faith in him come playoff time for whatever reason.  Melo is made for playoff basketball.
I know I'm going to get slayed for saying this but I want the 8th seed (depending on the Bulls staying in 1st).  If we do anything this season, it is going to be a shock the world type of way, I just feel like this season could mirror '99.  Sports are cyclical, look at how the Giants won this year.  Besides we would run into the Heat/Bulls next round anyway, might as well go for the jugular from the jump.

The first 7 games of the season (before Melo's first injury) he was averaging like 30 a game and shooting 50% from the field. Dude looked like he was poised to have his best season ever and then the injuries started to pile up and his game got out of whack. Not worried about dude at all really I see him being back to normal by playoff time Stat looks like he's finally back and it took what 38 games ? Melo will be 100% Melo again by playoff time. Also yes i agree with you about the Bulls I don't fear them at all Rose is amazing player but I don't think him alone can beat us in a 7 game series if were playing up to our potential.

Back
Top Bottom