let this thread die (NYK)

The way some of you guys talk about Melo's attitude you'd think he was DeMarcus Cousins
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

JR starting is worst thing that can happen for this team.

No bench scoring =
sick.gif
You need to get familiar with Novak. Baron can set him and Josh up all day. Then we have Jared's and Shump's defense. Plus Shump can score as well.
Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

-i play the 11th guy on the bench coming off a wrist injury in crucial minutes
Eh, can't agree with this point. Jared Jeffries had an injured knee or something. Somebody needs to relieve STAT and a hurt Tyson. Plus Josh needed some burn eventually. He was good for us before his injury on offense and defense. He didn't do anything special in this game but he didn't hurt us a whole lot either.

Everything else is on point.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

The way some of you guys talk about Melo's attitude you'd think he was DeMarcus Cousins
laugh.gif

JR starting is worst thing that can happen for this team.

No bench scoring =
sick.gif
You need to get familiar with Novak. Baron can set him and Josh up all day. Then we have Jared's and Shump's defense. Plus Shump can score as well.
Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

-i play the 11th guy on the bench coming off a wrist injury in crucial minutes
Eh, can't agree with this point. Jared Jeffries had an injured knee or something. Somebody needs to relieve STAT and a hurt Tyson. Plus Josh needed some burn eventually. He was good for us before his injury on offense and defense. He didn't do anything special in this game but he didn't hurt us a whole lot either.

Everything else is on point.
The dude is about to be 28 years old man, you stay giving him a pass on here. This dude was literally jabbing with Marion and threw the ball away on the inbounds. He has shown no sign of maturity or leadership throughout our team. He's overly nonchalant and barely looks like he is interested. This is our "leader"? F That, he's lazy. If we're treating him like he's Cousin's your treating him like he's Kobe. 

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Are you guys making the 'offs?

You have to be the first dude I've ever seen that refers to the playoffs as "the 'offs"

Anyways, I have been defending Melo since day one.. When some people didn't think it was worth trading all those pieces for him, when he was "messing up the chemistry" late last season, and then again this season...Defending the fact that he wouldn't mess up the team ball that was being played when he was injured. But goddamn, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm running thin on defenses for this guy. Anyone can have a bad shooting night, but come on son..He seems like he doesn't give a damn. He settles for dumb shots. This guy was in the game for like 20 seconds late in the 4th when D'Antoni stupidly put him in, and this guy jacks up a pull up 3 pointer?
indifferent.gif

Melo is not a leader. I'm seeing that more n more everyday. I don't see him communicating with his teammates..I don't see him putting in much more effort into playing defense. If you're shots aren't falling, you better affect the game in other ways..He didn't do that tonight. There's a reason the team went on a 15-0 run when this dude was chilling in the bench. If his shot is falling, then I have no problem with him coming in and carrying the team late in the game. But if the team is playing better with him out, then damn his ego..Let him sit out the rest of the game..This isn't NBA 2k12

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

laugh.gif
The dude is about to be 28 years old man, you stay giving him a pass on here. This dude was literally jabbing with Marion and threw the ball away on the inbounds. He has shown no sign of maturity or leadership throughout our team. He's overly nonchalant and barely looks like he is interested. This is our "leader"? F That, he's lazy. If we're treating him like he's Cousin's your treating him like he's Kobe. 
You have absolutely nothing to go off when you talk about Melo has a bad attitude and he brings a negative vibe to the Knicks team. It's complete and utter bull *+$# that you're making up for w/e reason with your psychoanalyzing and terrible interpreting skills. All the reasons you've given for why is pure bull *+$#. I'm not giving him a pass at all. Read my posts. I'm just disagreeing with *+$# you're pulling out your %$!. It's not enough that Melo played bad and shot terribly. He has to have a bad attitude and bring a negative vibe to the team so that can count to why they lose
laugh.gif

I aint never called Melo our leader. You tend to keep going off things and bringing shh up I never see mentioned in this thread like that superstar stuff you love to bring up. It's a guarantee if we were winning you wouldn't be talking about Melo being "overly nonchalant" or his interest in the game. Where were you last season with that talk? Why don't you point out shh like that during our wins or when Melo plays well? I mean damn at least keep it consistent.

What you think he was talking to Marion about exactly? You thinking they were discussing where their two families would go on vacation together during the off season? Choosing a place to eat after the game? or possibly did it have something to do with what occurred during the game where what was being said by Marion got under his skin? Now I'm not excusing the turnover at all but you just come to ridiculous conclusions from what you see.

And Kobe's not immune from legit criticism but I know I don't see LAL fans or even Kobe haters reach to point out any of Kobe's mannerisms when he's on camera and then talk about how that's adversely affecting the rest of the team.

laugh.gif
You have absolutely nothing to go off when you talk about Melo has a bad attitude and he brings a negative vibe to the Knicks team. It's complete and utter bull *+$# that you're making up for w/e reason with your psychoanalyzing and terrible interpreting skills. All the reasons you've given for why is pure bull *+$#. I'm not giving him a pass at all. Read my posts. I'm just disagreeing with *+$# you're pulling out your %$!. It's not enough that Melo played bad and shot terribly. He has to have a bad attitude and bring a negative vibe to the team so that can count to why they lose
laugh.gif

I aint never called Melo our leader. You tend to keep going off things and bringing shh up I never see mentioned in this thread like that superstar stuff you love to bring up. It's a guarantee if we were winning you wouldn't be talking about Melo being "overly nonchalant" or his interest in the game. Where were you last season with that talk? Why don't you point out shh like that during our wins or when Melo plays well? I mean damn at least keep it consistent.

What you think he was talking to Marion about exactly? You thinking they were discussing where their two families would go on vacation together during the off season? Choosing a place to eat after the game? or possibly did it have something to do with what occurred during the game where what was being said by Marion got under his skin? Now I'm not excusing the turnover at all but you just come to ridiculous conclusions from what you see.

And Kobe's not immune from legit criticism but I know I don't see LAL fans or even Kobe haters reach to point out any of Kobe's mannerisms when he's on camera and then talk about how that's adversely affecting the rest of the team.
Dog, You getting all emotional like my girl.

First off, Kobe's got rings to back up his talk play boy. What has Melo done for himself? Hell, What has he done for us lately? Kobe can yap all he wants to, he's had the work ethic and determination to win multiple rings. He's earned his pass.

You act like the attitude and effort in the workplace (the basketball court) doesn't mean anything. You can't read body language bro? Take a look at the greats and try to compare their attitudes and effort to Carmelo. You will see the differences right away. The fact Carmelo Anthony says he's a top 5 basketball player in the league is the type over bearing and self absorbing non-sense Carmelo has been saying his whole career. He has nothing to back up, he made it to the WCF one year. I talk about "superstar" because at the end of the day he put's himself up there with the elite but had nothing to show for it.

I'm a fan, I can be critical (or negative; like you perceive it) as much as I want. I spend money on Knicks tickets, memorabilia, and I take the time to watch games. Myself being "negative" like you call it doesn't affect the Knick locker room, Carmelo's on the other hand does. So if I'm sitting back and watching the games as much as I do and realize that he's half-assing his way up the court, playing bad defense, or laughing/smiling with Maverick fans when we're down 15.....you can bet your bottom dollar that I will call it out. I didn't see any other player doing that, I never do. I see Melo do it all the time. 

Damn right I wouldn't be criticizing Melo as much if we were winning, because at the end of the day all I want is my TEAM to win.  

Go ahead, Brotha.  

Come on man, be real. You want your bench to be Novak, Baron, Jeffries, and Shumpert?

Shumpert and Novak can hit jumpers that others set up for them.

You know how nice it is to get a guy that can create his own shot off the bench?

Shump and Novak do that? Novak is a phenomenal, PHENOMENAL shooter, but if you stay on his hip, his efficiency is off. When he killed Dallas, what was he doing? Sitting there, taking open threes. He's good at his job, but that's a very limited job.

I'd much rather keep things the way they are now, and get a consistent effort out of JR.

i agree . How can his teammate take him serious when he never hustle on the court. Doesn't play defense because he's too lazy and tend to worry more to make his pretty game than getting his hand dirty

Come on man, be real. You want your bench to be Novak, Baron, Jeffries, and Shumpert?

Shumpert and Novak can hit jumpers that others set up for them.

You know how nice it is to get a guy that can create his own shot off the bench?

Shump and Novak do that? Novak is a phenomenal, PHENOMENAL shooter, but if you stay on his hip, his efficiency is off. When he killed Dallas, what was he doing? Sitting there, taking open threes. He's good at his job, but that's a very limited job.

I'd much rather keep things the way they are now, and get a consistent effort out of JR.
Yes. The starting line up needs to be shaken up. I'd even advocate Baron starting if it got us starting games on the right step. I know what JR brings but so far he hasn't been consistent so yeah I'd rely heavily on Novak in our 2nd unit, with Shump penetrating, and Josh on the wing or in the post. You talking like that bench would be that bad when currently it's just Novak, Baron, Shump, JR, and Jeffries (before injury). Simply went from JR off the bench to in the starting line up and then more time for Shump and Josh. Baron has been good enough to create shots for that 2nd unit. I think what's overlooked is how good that 2nd unit's defense is and how that creates our offense anyway.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

i agree . How can his teammate take him serious when he never hustle on the court. Doesn't play defense because he's too lazy and tend to worry more to make his pretty game than getting his hand dirty

I hate stupid NBA fans

laugh.gif

Dog, You getting all emotional like my girl.
!%$+% please. Only emotion involved is my shock at how absurd your posts have been just now with how you're reaching to talk about a player's "negative vibes" as if he's had any demonstrative actions like a Cousins. You aint in the locker room or at practice but you got the phd on player's facial expressions, body language, and apparently you can see vibes.

First off, Kobe's got rings to back up his talk play boy. What has Melo done for himself? Hell, What has he done for us lately? Kobe can yap all he wants to, he's had the work ethic and determination to win multiple rings. He's earned his pass.

Man you brought up Kobe not me and all I said is I don't see LAL fans or Kobe haters making dumb posts about his vibes or attitude going off little minuscule irrelevant things they're seeing during a game or a damn tweet and extrapolating off that with a bull %!%# analysis. Please tell me moar about Melo's bad attitude that you've concluded from how he plays.

You act like the attitude and effort in the workplace (the basketball court) doesn't mean anything. You can't read body language bro?

When did I say that? I'm saying you're assuming Melo's attitude from shh that's not even evidence. Anything you're saying about bad vibes or his attitude isn't based on anything concrete. Don't be mad cuz I aint buying the bs you selling
Take a look at the greats and try to compare their attitudes and effort to Carmelo. You will see the differences right away.
I wish I saw OKC fans talking about Russ' and KD's negative vibes when they were just jacking up shots only down by 5 with like a minute left against ATL a few days ago or anything Russ does in general.
I talk about "superstar" because at the end of the day he put's himself up there with the elite but had nothing to show for it.
Son then go tell Melo that shh.

I'm a fan, I can be critical (or negative; like you perceive it) as much as I want. I spend money on Knicks tickets, memorabilia, and I take the time to watch games. Myself being "negative" like you call it doesn't affect the Knick locker room, Carmelo's on the other hand does. So if I'm sitting back and watching the games as much as I do and realize that he's half-assing his way up the court, playing bad defense, or laughing/smiling with Maverick fans when we're down 15.....you can bet your bottom dollar that I will call it out. I didn't see any other player doing that, I never do. I see Melo do it all the time.

I'm a fan too and I can laugh at dumb shh when a person is reaching to try and establish a false point.
Damn right I wouldn't be criticizing Melo as much if we were winning, because at the end of the day all I want is my TEAM to win.  

Go ahead, Brotha.

So you can't and won't keep it consistent. You just looking for something to complain about cuz we losing. You don't even care or believe that Melo has a bad attitude or is spreading negative vibes to the rest of the team and yet I'm the one being a female. Stop ya bloodclot crying.
Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Look what Melo is doing to us!! He's tearing this family apart!

tumblr_lodx8rvgAS1qa9b4b.gif
Word it's not Pringles use of the rotation or his coaching in general it's Melo's negative vibes causing losses. Son got the aura of a 1000 black holes
laugh.gif

Man I can't even read the posts in here anymore. Y'all blame MDA for EVERYTHING. Was he the one throwing the ball to the other team these last two games? Did he shoot 2-12? It's pathetic to blame the coach when our "superstar" cant do jack.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Man I can't even read the posts in here anymore. Y'all blame MDA for EVERYTHING. Was he the one throwing the ball to the other team these last two games? Did he shoot 2-12? It's pathetic to blame the coach when our "superstar" cant do jack.

YUP

I do think a part of Melo's struggles have been due to D'Antoni not really using him in situations that work for him. Melo does his best work when posting up, along with scoring from mid-range/iso. Any player would struggle with that, superstar or not. Your asking the man to change his whole style of play. I do also think Melo and Amare should be allowed to build a two man game.

Ah well. We play again tonight....if we win and everyone looks good all this $%^ will be forgotten, lol.

Originally Posted by Nappy

this thread used to be so optimstic

its like the laker thread. it changes from game to game. one day its we winning the title. the next its trade everyone 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

I bet Melo is having trouble at home.

Well, his wife has a second season of her trivial #%# reality show. I really hate when players devote their time to stuff like this.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

we repeatedly have terrible first and third quarters. that's the coach. our preparation is terrible. the rotations are terrible. he has no feel of the game.
it ain't even an argument anymore

Dirk was TRASH the first half. !%!$%%% terrible. ummm did Rick sit him from then on? did the team stop feeding him the ball?

nope. 

I'm not a huge melo fan but we gave up alot to get him. so lets use him properly instead of turning him into a role player/spot up shooter

for the record ATG it does seem like melo has a very negative vibe and is no leader. yes we are reading into things. But thats what i see

I think it's not totally unfair for people to want Melo to become more of a leader though..He might say all the right things when he's on ESPN, but to say that a person's body language doesn't translate to their teammates is false. I actually like Melo and I'm not the type of fan to call for him to be traded after a bad game, but there are a lot of times where I look at him and just feel like he's not really into the game or he lets his frustrations distract him. People used to say that LeBron needed to get more serious if he wanted to win a ring and he couldn't be all over the court dancing on the sideline and practicing secret handshakes instead of his jumper..The media said Dwight cares more about his goofy personality and making people laugh than he did about winning. Both of those guys changed their on court demeanor, and their games improved.

There's nothing wrong with being good old "I'm too cool for my headband" Carmelo, but at some point, you have to focus on being a better teammate on the court. Look at how much of a TEAM the Knicks looked during Linsanity. Now, even when they come back from being down 14 and take 1 point lead against the Mavs, the team looks like they just saw their puppy get stabbed.

Back
Top Bottom