Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Everybody calm down... It's been 2 games, and it's not like Lebron just got his first pair of these yesterday or a just few weeks ago like most people on here. We saw him with a wear test sample months ago, and I highly doubt Nike would've kept putting in R&D resources into the XIs if the shoe was absolutely horrible by Lebron's standards. If anything, he's probably just working out last minute kinks with his orthotics and comparing it with his on-court feel in the Xs. I wouldn't start worrying unless he ditched the XIs entirely. I still remember when Kobe was with Adidas, and he ditched The Kobe 2s for The Kobe 1s for entire chunks of the '02 playoffs/finals. That's when you know it's bad...

And people are really taking Lebron wearing runners in the XI commercial as a serious sign of performance issues? :lol: Come on now, it's a commercial for marketing and advertising purposes. Nike would probably have Lebron wearing 100 different Nike products if they had enough ad time. He's one of the most popular athletes in the world, don't you think he might help sales a bit if he wore multiple types of Nike products? I mean, why would he even bother to switch from the KPs to the Aways on court in the commercial? It's the same damn shoe, different colors.

Last edited:
The big comparison I'm thinking about here is Pippen and the More Uptempo. Pippen was used in all the ads, but he hated the shoe and rarely wore it. It was probably a dumb idea to have a speed, Flight-style player wear a max air shoe. But Nike has invested so much more money, advertising and R + D in LeBron. So that makes him not wearing the XI interesting for sure. Has nothing to do with my desire for the XI though.

I also think its funny how if someone says a shoe is ugly, the automatic response is to talk about how comfortable they are.

As if one has anything to do with other.

Ppl also claim uggs and Crocs are super comfortable, but I'd hope that wouldn't matter to anyone who cares about what they wear.

Lol

IV's ain't ugly....especially the birthdays,
graffitis and Chinas. They might lack street appeal, but look pretty good with shorts and athletic wear. And the fact they're a performance beast does factor into it.

Last edited:
Had a fairly reliable source clear this up for me.

It likely has to do with his orthotic inserts (as someone mentioned earlier) and the zoom built into the insole. Chances are it's too thick with his orthotics in, causing him pain.

Expect Nike to rectify the issue as soon as they can. Though if you have the same problem, you should copy Nightwing and throw a Kobe 8 insole in there.

That surprises me, if that's the case. Wearing orthos in the XI completely defeats the purpose of such a low-profile shoe. I just assumed Nike would make a custom zoom-lunar insole for LeBron off a mold of his foot, maybe with a little reinforcement on the top.

Last edited:
Everybody calm down... It's been 2 games, and it's not like Lebron just got his first pair of these yesterday or a just few weeks ago like most people on here. We saw him with a wear test sample months ago, and I highly doubt Nike would've kept putting in R&D resources into the XIs if the shoe was absolutely horrible by Lebron's standards. If anything, he's probably just working out last minute kinks with his orthotics and comparing it with his on-court feel in the Xs. I wouldn't start worrying unless he ditched the XIs entirely. I still remember when Kobe was with Adidas, and he ditched The Kobe 2s for The Kobe 1s for entire chunks of the '02 playoffs/finals. That's when you know it's bad...

And people are really taking Lebron wearing runners in the XI commercial as a serious sign of performance issues?
laugh.gif
Come on now, it's a commercial for marketing and advertising purposes. Nike would probably have Lebron wearing 100 different Nike products if they had enough ad time. He's one of the most popular athletes in the world, don't you think he might help sales a bit if he wore multiple types of Nike products? I mean, why would he even bother to switch from the KPs to the Aways on court in the commercial? It's the same damn shoe, different colors.
i think Lebron prefer the X over the XI. 360 zoom feel way more responsive than the lunarfoam zoom. I don't think there is a requirement for him to wear specific model as long as he wear his own shoes within his own signature line.

i think Lebron prefer the X over the XI. 360 zoom feel way more responsive than the lunarfoam zoom. I don't think there is a requirement for him to wear specific model as long as he wear his own shoes within his own signature line.
For a game or two here and there Nike could probably care less, but Lebron definitely ain't wearing the Xs over the XIs for this season after the amount of money that Nike must've put into R&D, marketing, etc. Nike would rather have Lebron mess his toes up even more than they already are and have his feet break down than to have him waste an entire season's worth of opportunities to market a new sig, apparel, and other products. Any idea that Lebron is gonna be abandoning the XIs long term would just be ludicrous, even if Lebron absolutely hated the XIs.

Honestly though, who the hell knows what Lebron's thinking. The past few pages have been filled with pure speculation and barely anything more. It's been 2 games where he's switched shoes, not 20, and it's not like the shoe change did much at the end of the day anyway since the Heat lost both games.

Last edited:
LeBron switched back to the X's in the 2nd quarter against the Nets last night.

Not sure if we can blame the switch on performance/cushioning issues with the shoe just yet, in this hi-res photo you can see that he scuffed up the toe of his left shoe.
nerd.gif

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/638434/
damn good catch. maybe he switched cause they got scuffed.......at least thats something we might could use to explain why he switched. 

Last edited:

Not sure if we can blame the switch on performance/cushioning issues with the shoe just yet, in this hi-res photo you can see that he scuffed up the toe of his left shoe.
nerd.gif

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/638434/
damn good catch. maybe he switched cause they got scuffed.......at least thats something we might could use to explain why he switched. 
for both games tho B

The only game they've won so far is when he wore the XI for the entire game.....

Ok ok, I'm just jimmy rustlin' lol.  But seriously, I understand both sides of the argument.  But I'll be honest, I was EXTREMELY hyped to buy the Aways tomorrow after seeing them on foot, with the Home jerseys, etc etc etc....and when he switched back, it did in fact kill that hype.  Granted, I'm like everyone else here...on a Nike forum and in love with Nike products, so obviously my opinion is biased.   If you put yourself in the shoes of the average target consumer, you gotta somewhat admit that it's not a good look right now.  Just my opinion though.  I'm not built like LeBron and the shoes feel wonderful on me, so I'll definitely continue to buy.  But hey, I think most of us have a little "fan boy" inside of us in order to be so actively engaged in this thread.  There's no shame in admitting that, so it definitely feels good to see THE MAN wearing the newest model.  

Last edited:
The question is y does he keep switching?

And anyone that has them and wore them for a long period of time ( or played in them ) give some reviews on comfort?

They get better the more you play in em, i wouldnt rock a fresh pair every night but a broken in pair are fine.

They could be a problem for Orthotic inserts as I mentioned earlier, - we have been goin on for 4 pages now about his shoe change so its obviously a discussion point and more publicity for a new sig shoe.

Last edited:
Played in mine today for first time. As I thought they were a bit too soft. I think they will definitely get better with a bit of wearing. Arch support was the best I've had on a shoe.

My little toes were in agony by end of the game though. I sized up a .5 and they feel a little roomy everywhere except the toes. I'm sure they'll "mould" to my foot but I didn't have this problem with 9 Elites.

Guess will see how they go after a few plays. Definitely concerning that Lebron is changing them during the game.

Dang the FIs look good :wow: is it true that they are in fact $250 and the preheat cw? I saw a lot of people talking about one pair that was $250 and I think that the FIs are it

nerd.gif

https://statich.niketalk.com/2/24/241819e5_x1550.jpeg
You cant even see that scuff in HD tho. And he didn't have a second pair of xi's to change into? There's no way you can argue that Nike would have him switch out of a shoe that dropped that day in favor of last years model because of a little scuff.  Nike has been working with Lebron for 11 years and they can't get him into a pair of shoes that he's comfortable in? 

Back
Top Bottom