Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I get that, just sayin even if he switches the next three games in a row too sooner rather than later this will be resolved for the many reasons people have pointed out here mainly Nike's contract.. By the time the playoffs are approaching this will all be forgotten.. Count on it
I agree that this will eventually get worked out. But Nike should be hitting that panic button trying to get the issue resolved asap. It's just not a good look for their most prominent sig athlete to reject his own sig shoe halfway through the 2nd quarter. It could have been anything switching up during the philly game. But for him to switch halfway through the 2nd quarter tells me that he's honestly trying to give these a go, but they aren't working out right now.

I get that not everyone buys these for hoopin, but how can Nike not panic while trying to sell a sig shoe their own sig player won't wear?

Last edited:
You're probably right about that. And at the same time, its also been mentioned that these have been wear-tested by the man himself. So they should have already worked out the kinks, don't you think?

With all that said, I'll get the Aways on discount (hopefully) for casual wear only. That's the only c/w I like so far.

Honestly I don't care lol.. It doesn't bother me what he wears, but yes other people here with more knowledge of the situation than me on the subject have provided many reasons why this shouldn't be happening mainly the wear-test.. But.. None of us know the exact reason definitively, which is probably something minor, at any rate it's not gonna "sink" Nike or the sells of the 11 one bit.. If anything it may generate more interest from the fabricated "intrigue" that's happening here lol..
Who knows let's just move on

I agree that this will eventually get worked out. But Nike should be hitting that panic button trying to get the issue resolved asap. It's just not a good look for their most prominent sig athlete to reject his own sig shoe halfway through the 2nd quarter. It could have been anything switching up during the philly game. But for him to switch halfway through the 2nd quarter tells me that he's honestly trying to give these a go, but they aren't working out right now.

I get that not everyone buys these for hoopin, but how can Nike not panic while trying to sell a sig shoe their own sig player won't wear?

Fair enough man..
And again, I just don't care enough about what he wears to go any deeper here

Doesn't matter to me in the least what #6 wears. I think the XI is one of the best looking shoes in quite some time. I went a full size up and have no pinching or tightness. Still, even with the lunarlon and zoom air--it's not close to being the most comfortable cushioned Lebron. You could stack whale blubber and angel feathers in there and it's not going to feel as good as the 8's or even the 10's.

Lebron has a multi-billion dollar company behind him that will do whatever needs to be done to his shoes. We're stuck with what they've designed. I can think of at least five shoes I'd ball in before using the XI, doesn't mean I don't like the shoe.

I wonder if its a lack of traction that is bothering him? If so, wouldn't be an easy fix like swapping out an orthotic...

The XI will sell just fine even if Lebron stops wearing them. He must be alergic to GRs as someone pointed out the other day
laugh.gif

He wore the Ring Ceremony all game right?
Yeah he wore the XI all the first game.
No he switched halftime

Nike better be doin some mother ******g damage control considering i dropped a couple bills on some XI ID's and bron isn't even wearing em

ALL THESE PAGES. THOUGHT SOMETHING DOPE HAPPENED.

NOTHING BUT WANNA BE PETRIE AND TINKERS IN HERE.

IF I NEEDED A REVIEW ID CHECK FOR NIGHTWING.

SMH

Come on now......yes, they were tanks, but in a good way. Very durable and supportive, and the original Bron to use posite. Plus, the zoom was super responsive. Unfortunately the best colours were incredibly limited, so that's hurt the shoe's legacy, for sure.

Still ball in my release day 4's...awesome shoe, super comfy, and like all posites...dang near indestructible. Traction sucks after all these years but still in my top 3 of performance kicks.

As for what's going with lebron switching to the X's...foams aren't the type of shoe you want to wear a fresh pair of each game. Which judging from past years Lebron likes to do. Foams must be broken in to get the true benefit, once that happens they are good money.

Doesnt lebron do this every year?

Switching shoes doesnt mean he doesnt like them. He probably did it for the mental aspect of the game ie he feels more comfortable in shoes hes used to

Honestly the 11s hurt my feet so bad that i have to switch my shoes after a few hours, I have flat feet so it's always been an issue for me but at certain parts of the toe box they are unbearable. The part that hurts:

View media item 638246
Seeing pics of lebrons foot, his pinky toe is most likely located right at that specific part of the shoe which prolly brings him pain

same situation here, plus the achilles area from my feet were in pain.....i kept switching shoes, but never gave up wearing the xi's. eventually they will break in and it will get better.....smh for a shoe that is retail at $200

its very interesting why he would choose to switch to an X instead of an Xi. Is the X broken in and more comfortable? Is it a matter of not having another 11 away color to wear?

Especially since nike was very aggressive in his marketing of the shoe.....obviously :smile:

Back
Top Bottom