Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Retail is lookin like sticker price right now lol sure does hurt knowin I paid retail for the AvM's and most of the releases so far smh

Got my tracking from Sole Heaven at 4:30 this morning.
Quote:

Akron V Miami Lebrons from yesterdays $136 Soleheaven.com deal just shipped. Glad I was able to get them for such a great deal.
Was the confirmation email with your order number the same as the tracking number because I got the confirmation email yesterday? I may be confused or is it two different emails?
nerd.gif

dat play by play tracking update :rolleyes
I know right :lol:  but its all that cancellation possibilty and inventory control issue talk that kind of got me worried :smh:

honestly nothing that you can do but sit back and enjoy the ride. :smile:

we will have the people with successful order, the people that haven't gotten emails yet super paranoid (omg omg omg your order shipped? I haven't had mine ship yet even tho they are probably still processing orders), and the people that got cancelled and are pissed.
looking forward to it.

Can someone help me understand the MAJOR dislike for the AvM??? Is it because no hype surrounded them? Or you dont like the colors? What is it?

I think they're dope.

I got them, i love them. They were a must have for me from the initial pics.
I don't know that it's necessarily major dislike for the colorway or a lack of hype, but more a combination of the colorway not being for everyone and the AvM's releasing in the middle of a pretty solid pack of releases, as well as the time of year.   Personally the combination of the atomic pink and the mint green is not for me, as the KP's had mint green on them, and the Miami Night's have pink accents, so it just seems odd on these with the blue.  It's certainly not a bad colorway, I think people have just decided they want other shoes releasing around this time more. 

Last edited:
AvMs are pretty nice to me, saw them in person the other day. Just can't afford to cop them now with all the other stuff releasing. Gotta prioritize

no beef with the AvM. I think me having the Canon IXs makes me a little more at ease with not getting them for now. I know the colors aren't exact but they were close enough in my book.

no beef with the AvM. I think me having the Canon IXs makes me a little more at ease with not getting them for now. I know the colors aren't exact but they were close enough in my book.
I thought the same thing. My cannon 9s murder the AvMs. I got the MN 9s and if this 11 release is super crazy, no biggie.

yea I agree, the Canon IXs kill the AvM but I think the Miami Nights XI are pooping over my Miami Nights IX.

honestly nothing that you can do but sit back and enjoy the ride.
smile.gif

we will have the people with successful order, the people that haven't gotten emails yet super paranoid (omg omg omg your order shipped? I haven't had mine ship yet even tho they are probably still processing orders), and the people that got cancelled and are pissed.
looking forward to it.
Yea I'm not too worried about not getting them because I'm confident I didn't get canceled or anything and if I did no biggie I wasn't feeling that much to go crazy if I missed them. IX Cannons are definitely similar but far better. My bro had his IX Cannons on last weekend when we hit the mall just to throw salt at everybody picking up the AvM's on release day
grin.gif

yea I agree, the Canon IXs kill the AvM but I think the Miami Nights XI are pooping over my Miami Nights IX.
I had em in hand last week and i had 2 issues with em

1. The icey bottoms are doomed to yellow. Even with the blue tinting, and it is blue, its only a matter of time. I have tried to avoid icey bottoms but Nike seems to throw it on everything nice.

2. I wont lie to you, they look and feel kinda cheap. The carbon looks plastic as hell and, in a sz 14, i expect a little more weight to em. Pink really pops on em but there was something about that carbon that almost threw me off. This has been the case for every 11 except the KPs. When the moment comes, i find it hard to throw 200 on em with that cheap feeling.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  LeBron XI Forging Iron.  The only reason they sold out was because they were limited.  $50 increase for a limited shoe, and people still gobbled it up like Thanksgiving turkey.  

The KD VI has a similar orange colorway that can still be found in stores, even though it was released in August.  The reason?  It was mass produced, so it is unattractive in the eyes of many people.  
Another reason the orange KD VI's sat is because, in many eyes, the shoe itself is not a good looking shoe, no matter what colorway it's done in. KD's my favorite player, but outside of the IV all of his signatures have been extremely sub par, especially compared to LeBron and Kobe's signatures over that same stretch of time. His limited colorways sold well, yes, but I've seen most of his gr's in stores everywhere.

Many people liked the Forging Irons regardless of their limited status. I personally wasn't a fan, so I didn't go after them. But I remember seeing quite a few posts around here with people that liked them on merit alone. Not to say that you aren't partially right, because I definitely feel where you're coming from. Limited=sell out no matter how ridiculous the shoe looks. On that we can agree on.

I had em in hand last week and i had 2 issues with em

1. The icey bottoms are doomed to yellow. Even with the blue tinting, and it is blue, its only a matter of time. I have tried to avoid icey bottoms but Nike seems to throw it on everything nice.

2. I wont lie to you, they look and feel kinda cheap. The carbon looks plastic as hell and, in a sz 14, i expect a little more weight to em. Pink really pops on em but there was something about that carbon that almost threw me off. This has been the case for every 11 except the KPs. When the moment comes, i find it hard to throw 200 on em with that cheap feeling.
thanks for your insight... ill certainly be checking out the cf in person. if they aren't up to snuff, then ill just keep my money. def feel the not worth $200 tho

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  LeBron XI Forging Iron.  The only reason they sold out was because they were limited.  $50 increase for a limited shoe, and people still gobbled it up like Thanksgiving turkey.  

The KD VI has a similar orange colorway that can still be found in stores, even though it was released in August.  The reason?  It was mass produced, so it is unattractive in the eyes of many people.  
Another reason the orange KD VI's sat is because, in many eyes, the shoe itself is not a good looking shoe, no matter what colorway it's done in. KD's my favorite player, but outside of the IV all of his signatures have been extremely sub par, especially compared to LeBron and Kobe's signatures over that same stretch of time. His limited colorways sold well, yes, but I've seen most of his gr's in stores everywhere.

Many people liked the Forging Irons regardless of their limited status. I personally wasn't a fan, so I didn't go after them. But I remember seeing quite a few posts around here with people that liked them on merit alone. Not to say that you aren't partially right, because I definitely feel where you're coming from. Limited=sell out no matter how ridiculous the shoe looks. On that we can agree on.

to piggy back off of you.... people throw the FI out as an example as if all colors have instant value from day 1. the South Beach 8s didn't hit stupid value until a few months later.

Also, for some reason, colors don't translate to different signature shoes.
Remember when JB tried to attach the South Beach colorway to its shoes? Its pretty much a LeBron color. Same can be said for the orange KD VI. Also, the comparison is tough because that colorway did sell pretty good on the KD. its just a ton of them out there vs the quantity made available for the FI.

I jumped on that deal for $135 too, glad I picked it up before the up the price , only problem is that I got an 11 instead of a 10 cos I went by uk sizes , I emailed them , hopefully they don't make a big deal outta it

holy crap same exACT thing happened to me ...click on 10 not knowing its UK size....emailed them right away too...

You guys get any response about changing your order?

Last edited:

The AvM's do put you in the same mind state as the Cannon 9's but when you get them (I know you will eventually lol) the AvM's really do have their own vibe going on. The atomic pink in the shoe really looks pink especially when you hold it to a shoe that has orange in it for example your FI's. It's more of like the pink you'll see on a flamingo around the neck area & the blue is more of a mineral colored blue oppose to the steel color on the Cannons. The AvM's really give you that Miami vibe. Not saying your wrong with your opinion, I'm just saying you'll see what I'm talking about when you get them & throw them on with some shorts

The AvM's do put you in the same mind state as the Cannon 9's but when you get them (I know you will eventually lol) the AvM's really do have their own vibe going on. The atomic pink in the shoe really looks pink especially when you hold it to a shoe that has orange in it for example your FI's. It's more of like the pink you'll see on a flamingo around the neck area & the blue is more of a mineral colored blue oppose to the steel color on the Cannons. The AvM's really give you that Miami vibe. Not saying your wrong with your opinion, I'm just saying you'll see what I'm talking about when you get them & throw them on with some shorts

100% understood. thanks for your insight :smokin

must resist urge to go buy a ps4 and nba2k14...

can anyone estimate the number of hours it takes to get to Nike sig shoe?

throwing this out there.... 20 min * X amount of games + probably an hrs worth of cut scenes.

min 60 games = 1200 minutes = 20 hrs + 1 hr of cut scenes is probably the bare min.

in game time if you go hard is around 19 hours.

honestly i think its to late for you. people found out about this on Nov 30th and people are gonna go extra hard this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom