Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
AvM's looked a lot better in some pics then others that's why people are getting them and being disappointed, I went out to check them out on release day and was let down as well. I liked them but not enough to drop the $200 :smh: so I didn't but for $137 they were a must have :lol: S/O to soleheaven :pimp: btw pics like this got people hype
View media item 692445When in reality they really looked more like this
View media item 692449

I really loved the sample version of these shoes. I think the fact that retail has more green and the peach swoosh border killed it for me.
I still love the brave blue color tho. Wish that color was available on nikeid.

Can someone help me understand the MAJOR dislike for the AvM??? Is it because no hype surrounded them? Or you dont like the colors? What is it?

I think they're dope.

I got them, i love them. They were a must have for me from the initial pics.

Didn't mean to spit mad hate at the shoe. If that were the case I wouldn'f have purchased them to begin with. If you've seen any of my past posts I love that these and other cw's are readily available. I just was hoping they'd be something better in person, and they weren't to me.

If others like them that's great. We don't need to have the same taste in cw's. I may not like a shoe but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate the fact that someone else likes em and is rockin em.

The AvMs in person are :wow: they are clean but I think its because of the brave blue. If the shoe didn't have that color on them it wouldn't have blended as nicely imo

I finally saw the AvM in person today and they are decent. The mineral teal foamposite material reminded me of the pearlized pink foamposite one though. The pair I saw had imperfections such as small punctures all over.

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE AVM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T LIMITED.
the FI were limited and I didn't like them, actually the better theory is people don't like a shoe because it's limited, resellers like the money that think they'll get because it's limited, look at any limited shoe and i'd say 60-75% is copped by resellers trying to get money off the same amount of people that like the shoe that are the same amount of people that like GR prs. KP's weren't limited and according to the poll that's the best one, and for the most part everyone that wanted the KP got them with ease and w/o paying reseller prices but like I said it's just a theory

Last edited:
im just not big on the green/blue combo in the AvM, in person they arent as nice as te pics, but still not bad, just not my thing really

I 180'd on the AvMs because of the blue. I'm wearing them right now and they look just like this:

I complained about the sole not being the salmon/peach color...but the green glow brings out green tones in the mineral teal. Cover up the sole and the brave blue brings out the blue tones in the mineral teal. It's cool.

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE AVM BECAUSE THEY AREN'T LIMITED.
the FI were limited and I didn't like them, actually the better theory is people don't like a shoe because it's limited, resellers like the money that think they'll get because it's limited, look at any limited shoe and i'd say 60-75% is copped by resellers trying to get money off the same amount of people that like the shoe that are the same amount of people that like GR prs. KP's weren't limited and according to the poll that's the best one, and for the most part everyone that wanted the KP got them with ease and w/o paying reseller prices but like I said it's just a theory
AvM are actually a great looking shoe, the FI were pretty blah, and big bang wanna-be. I'm just saying, if these were limited, things would be different. Just look at the 2k14 shoe. If they were not limited to 2014 pairs, would people be doing this if they were GR but you just had to do the goals in game?

AvM are actually a great looking shoe, the FI were pretty blah, and big bang wanna-be. I'm just saying, if these were limited, things would be different. Just look at the 2k14 shoe. If they were not limited to 2014 pairs, would people be doing this if they were GR but you just had to do the goals in game?
there's an exception to every rule, I like the idea for the 2k14 pr limited or not I feel it gave the people that might actually want the pair a fighting chance, i'm not a basketball gamer fan but how easy is it for someone to get multiple pairs of this idea? it doesn't take anything these days to get with someone that has a bot and get damn near FSR's for resell and i'm sure their will be 2k14's for resell but I doubt as much as your traditionally limited release

Finally got my 2k code
pimp.gif
, also just about every size still available.

there's an exception to every rule, I like the idea for the 2k14 pr limited or not I feel it gave the people that might actually want the pair a fighting chance, i'm not a basketball gamer fan but how easy is it for someone to get multiple pairs of this idea? it doesn't take anything these days to get with someone that has a bot and get damn near FSR's for resell and i'm sure their will be 2k14's for resell but I doubt as much as your traditionally limited release
I agree, if you really want the shoes you put in the work and earn your opportunity. No gameshark for this one
laugh.gif

(do they even make those anymore?)

I agree, if you really want the shoes you put in the work and earn your opportunity. No gameshark for this one
laugh.gif

(do they even make those anymore?)
nope, not even action replays, strangely bots have been killed in videogames "their to hard to hack" is what datel who makes action replay is saying, also doing a search on ebay to see if anyone is selling their codes and only 2 pop up size 12 and 13 for the low low price of $2500
roll.gif
  seems resellers don't have time for this, they must have bronchitis

Lol

People can't just not like the shoe?

It always has to be about limited and not limited, huh?

I don't hate the AvMs, but they aren't anything special at all.

I'd probably rank them 6th amongst the c/w's we've seen so far.
Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  LeBron XI Forging Iron.  The only reason they sold out was because they were limited.  $50 increase for a limited shoe, and people still gobbled it up like Thanksgiving turkey.  

The KD VI has a similar orange colorway that can still be found in stores, even though it was released in August.  The reason?  It was mass produced, so it is unattractive in the eyes of many people.  

Im not gonna lie, i had a pic of the AvM's in my phone for a month and didnt realize they were blue "brave blue" until 35min before i copped. Lmao!! But they pop to me. I'll Probably rock em pretty standard and basic. White t, dark denim, yankees fitted and call it a day.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.  LeBron XI Forging Iron.  The only reason they sold out was because they were limited.  $50 increase for a limited shoe, and people still gobbled it up like Thanksgiving turkey.  

The KD VI has a similar orange colorway that can still be found in stores, even though it was released in August.  The reason?  It was mass produced, so it is unattractive in the eyes of many people.  

I own and like kd6's but don't kid yourself those NYC66's don't come close to the Forging Iron.

There's absolutely no detail in that kd and the only thing they have in common is that they're both orange.

The kd6's have a decent following but there are a lot of people who hate that silhouette no matter what c/w they come in.

Because they were mass produced and are readily available. 
dont think thats it bc people love the kps, just look at the survey, and they were everywhere. I returned my avms and put the money towards some ID's, mainly bc they were much smaller than my kps. I thought they looked great in pics and have been looking for more blue shoes lately, but if i wouldve been able to see them first i wouldve passed. i cant really point to what it is, but something is off about them. maybe if the pink was total orange, idk. they even looked good with jeans, but i still didnt care for them overall. especially at $200.

theres even mixed feelings about the FI, so the limited thing isnt really working for the lebron xi. and with all the discounts, the toe box issues and the holiday season, its a lot harder to get excited about them. i love my KPs tho

I own and like kd6's but don't kid yourself those NYC66's don't come close to the Forging Iron.

There's absolutely no detail in that kd and the only thing they have in common is that they're both orange.

The kd6's have a decent following but there are a lot of people who hate that silhouette no matter what c/w they come in.
I agree that the KD VI is ugly, and I own 2 pairs.

But for 1/2 the price, I don't see why people would get the Forging Irons over the KDs if they wanted an Orange shoe.

And the people who compared the Forging Irons to Big Bangs, no.  Just no.

I agree that the KD VI is ugly, and I own 2 pairs.

But for 1/2 the price, I don't see why people would get the Forging Irons over the KDs if they wanted an Orange shoe.

Really?

This doesn't sound like a statement from someone who's into sneakers.

Team Jordan's are cheaper than retros, should people just buy those since they have the jumpman logo and that's all ppl want?

yes your right they sold out and over half the stock went str8 to ebay, and again KP's weren't limited and they seem to be attractive to more people than the FI so how does that work? yeah I got it they KP's didn't sell out in 15mins like the FI but they aren't being sold by resellers on ebay like them either, don't confuse a reseller love of money for a sneakerheads love for the shoe

As far as I know none if the 11s have been limited with the exception of the FIs. I was gonna grab the AVMs but I couldn't get past the pink/mango color. If they would of laced it with orange instead I would of been all over them as a cane fan

Back
Top Bottom