• Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
SMH @ this thread.

I just looked on EBay and the prices for my size in FI are eh ($100 above retail).

I think the reason why the thread is "slow" but will probably pick is Nike hasn't really peppered the XI with limited releases. The X started off after the MV 9 and went straight into the Crown Jewels and Gold Medals + had the special Jades and Pressures. KP were hot (but they released it alongside the Steel Xs!!!). But the public doesn't get too crazy over a GR. Say WTK, DB or hyper quick strike and people lose their minds. The X were the same except for the CJ, GM, EXTs, ASG. The lows did 0 Bidness except for those ugly reptile joints.

And Lewi, you're a size 11.5? Argh!

What's your point?

The sales figures were released last week and the numbers are up.

So we can't possibly say that the XI's aren't doing as well as X's at this point.

I think people are generally happy with the way XIs are releasing, why change that?

I was commenting on how "slow" the thread is. BigJ mentioned it this morning, so I was responding to that. Usually big releases can have a thread grow fast (look at the 12 Taxi and 11 Gamma threads for raffle/RSVP feedback then release day).

I never stated the Lebron XI was a sales disaster. We already know that sales are up 18% from last year and is Nike's biggest line after Jordan.

Last edited:
T
only sizes they didn't have this morning were 12.5 and 13.5. Everything else was still available. I would think they'll be available for a little bit. You're almost there man. Have you been signed Nike yet?
Sweet, no not yet I just got the Kia deal thru my "friend agent" I'm hoping I get the nike deal next game. I had to do the stupid all star weekend thing and it didn't count towards games played haha. Never fails.

My man Bron got on the finals elites just tah rub **** in lol
laugh.gif

I Ain't mad at ya

the whole concept about playing the game and gaining access to a shoe would have been better executed if the shoe was free as if you actually earned it

having to then pay for a shoe sight unseen is pretty ridiculous

I don't agree. I still think it's brilliant marketing. I had a X1 preordered anyways. And didn't know what game to buy so downloaded 2k.

I do think they could have had a picture of the shoes. Or what if it was 5 different shoes a different one for each 500. And the last 14 to complete it a pair numbered to 14. Or maybe have the 5 pair and you get one randomly.

Some ppl IMO just sound salty bc they won't have a chance to get it. And theres no reason for that.

I'm honestly surprised it isn't over and done with.

I knew that blacked out picture was going to get thrown up on ebay 
roll.gif

And I agree, the salt is kinda petty.  It's a video game, it's not like we are having to crack the Davinci Code.  Nobody even has to KEEP the shoe if they end up not liking it....Don't be mad that the little button on your bot didn't secure your pair.  

*And LeBron is straight up trollin' the Pacers with those Finals Elites lol so beautiful!

Last edited:
I don't agree. I still think it's brilliant marketing. I had a X1 preordered anyways. And didn't know what game to buy so downloaded 2k.

I do think they could have had a picture of the shoes. Or what if it was 5 different shoes a different one for each 500. And the last 14 to complete it a pair numbered to 14. Or maybe have the 5 pair and you get one randomly.

Some ppl IMO just sound salty bc they won't have a chance to get it. And theres no reason for that.

I'm honestly surprised it isn't over and done with.

just think it would've been better if you earned the contract in game and got the shoe in real life for free would've been cooler

def not salty from my end, i wont be buying a ps4 til better games drop

I knew that blacked out picture was going to get thrown up on ebay :rofl:   

And I agree, the salt is kinda petty.  It's a video game, it's not like we are having to crack the Davinci Code.  Nobody even has to KEEP the shoe if they end up not liking it....Don't be mad that the little button on your bot didn't secure your pair.  

*And LeBron is straight up trollin' the Pacers with those Finals Elites lol so beautiful!

I don't think people are salty because they feel they don't have a chance.

I think it's more about the precedent nike set with this marketing scheme.

If Nike pulled something like this without the game, just pre-ordering a shoe without seeing it, at a premium price, would you guys still be okay with it?

I don't think people are salty because they feel they don't have a chance.

I think it's more about the precedent nike set with this marketing scheme.

If Nike pulled something like this without the game, just pre-ordering a shoe without seeing it, at a premium price, would you guys still be okay with it?
I mean I understand where you are coming from, but ya if I actually had the chance to pre-order a limited shoe...with the option to return if it ended up being terrible...I'd be down.  

When you see all of these awesome kicks get eaten up by robots, and you have absolutely no chance to celebrate the championships and accolades of your favorite player...at least at retail.... I guess it changes things for people like me.  I know this shoe doesn't really fall into that category, but they'll still tell a cool story IMO.

just think it would've been better if you earned the contract in game and got the shoe in real life for free would've been cooler

def not salty from my end, i wont be buying a ps4 til better games drop

That's close to half a million. They'd lose in revenue. I would prefer it that way but I def think it was a free pair ppl would be going through more extremes to get them.

And I feel you. This mode had me tired of the game and there aren't any amazing

Just got my contract. How many games until I get my code?

People are jumping at the staple Lebron colorways  (Miami Nights, Cannons/AvM, FI/BB) thinking that they would be as popular as the old ones instantly. I honestly believe that most people thought they could get Big Bang money from selling the 11s and i think the same thing is going to happen to the Miami Nights. People swear they will be able to unload them for double the price when, in reality, non of these 11s have been super hard to get and that includes the FI. If you were up and ready to go at 8, you easily grabbed a pair. If you grabbed the FIs just for flipping, im glad you got stuck with a bright *** orange shoe that will only drop in value because he will NEVER wear them in a game now and will never be as live as the BB9s.

I think one point that has been overlooked in the actual manufacturing quantities of the Lebron XI's produced by Nike.
While I have no definite proof, I have a feeling the production quantities of the XI's exceeded both the production quantities of the IX and X's.
This alone would cause the resale price to be stable and close to retail. I know I read that the revenue from the sale of the XI's have exceeded the X's.
Of course, the increased price has something to do with this.

Nba 2k14 online competition is gonna raise from a friggin shoe ... all that training... :smokin :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
I'm all for what nike and 2k are doing. I don't understand people questioning others decisions. If you're good off the premise of it, then fine, don't cop. Money saved in your pocket, people who really grind for em get their reward. I do think it's salt, for the most part. If you genuinely don't like the idea of it, that's fine too. But why the need to continually come at people who've done it/are in the process?

That's why it seems like people are salty. Because they keep coming with the same argument almost as if to sway people to believe it's a stupid idea.

Any word as to the availability of the Grafittis? Wednesday release got me worried.

It always pains me when there are weekday releases. I'm at work at that time and have no opportunity to buy them.
I hope they are not limited and I have a chance to get them later in the day.
I really like them.

I think one point that has been overlooked in the actual manufacturing quantities of the Lebron XI's produced by Nike.
While I have no definite proof, I have a feeling the production quantities of the XI's exceeded both the production quantities of the IX and X's.
This alone would cause the resale price to be stable and close to retail. I know I read that the revenue from the sale of the XI's have exceeded the X's.
Of course, the increased price has something to do with this.
no being able to get the xi on discount so fast has helped the sales...dont think the x were hitting discount just a few days after release.....and the shine on those red elites LeBron is wearing tonight has that same vibe as the aways......me likey!

Back
Top Bottom