Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
I have a serious question, no sarcasm, no judgement, pure curiosity. For those that have got the code and purchased the shoe, does it not bother you that Nike got you to give them $200+ for a signature basketball shoe that you have not seen, that won't be delivered for 4+ months, AND the athlete it's modeled for DOESNT WEAR IT??? That doesn't bother you not one bit at all??? Regardless if the shoe ends up being the DOPEST shoe to ever hit the Lebron line you'd think as a self respecting consumer the circumstances in which you got the "Shadow Figure" shoe would rub you the wrong way. Nike can literally and I mean LITERALLY tell you to do whatever they want you to do and it's done without question. Considering all facts you're buying the shoe purely off the 2014 pairs produced. I don't use the lame a** word often but wouldn't that be the VERY DEFINITION of "HypeB****"? Let's discuss, not looking to argue...
No honestly it doesn't bother me a bit. Yes I would love to know what they look like, but as you said the 2014 pairs being produced is what hooked me. So I guess I am hypebeasting these. Oh well. And no it doesn't bother me a bit that he isn't wearing them. I planned on picking up a pair regardless, and what better pair to cop then the 2k14 editions? It's my favorite video game + my favorite player. Win/win in my eyes.

Evidently all the guys who usually strikeout ended up getting them so that made them an easy cop :smh: I think it was a lot of factors why they were easier to get for some than previous limited releases like the kid size link going up first which screwed up most bots and the fact it was a weekday release amongst others but it definitely wasn't as easy as people make it sound :lol:

Hey buddy no hate over here towards you at all, I was just kidding around and adding some humor to the fact that someone calculated the gameplay time into an amount to add to the sneakers that's all :lol: it's a love plehboi, can't wait to see what they look like and I hope I can still get my size 13's by the time I finish :D
Haha yea my bad man I misunderstood your joke for seriousness haha. Good luck on securing your pair!

so for those of you playing teh vidya...

does it matter if you get traded?

got traded from the pistons after i demanded they trade that bum j smoove

now on the lakers, interestingly i made the ASG on the east, traded b4 the game tho.

played in the game for the east even tho i was in the wes....  and the game told me i didnt make the ASG after i got trtaded (talked about my snub)....

game makes no sense....

View media item 362633
I was traded to the thunder and it didn't make a difference. I think you're okay.

I dont have the code yet, but I have no problem with preordering the shoes.  

If they are ugly I can always return them/resell them and get my money back.  If they are dope, then I have a pair of limited dope pairs of shoes that would be impossible for me to get on NDC, (never been successful on a super limited release).

so in my eyes its a win/win situtation

and i could care less if Lebron is wearing them, I wear the stuff I like it, not because an athlete or Kayne west is wearing it. 

I agree 100% with this guy.

thought so, that's what making these shoes look so cheap.
All the colorways look nice in pictures but the quality's not so good in person.

To be fair, if it were actual carbon fiber it'd be stiff as hell and you wouldn't even be able to walk around in them.

Last edited:

thought so, that's what making these shoes look so cheap.

All the colorways look nice in pictures but the quality's not so good in person.
But the shoe wasn't designed to have carbon fiber, so it's hard to say they are cheap, don't you think?

I personally think adding carbon fiber to this shoe would make it too rigid and ruin that form fitting feel you get from the foamposite material. 

so for those of you playing teh vidya...

does it matter if you get traded?

got traded from the pistons after i demanded they trade that bum j smoove

now on the lakers, interestingly i made the ASG on the east, traded b4 the game tho.

played in the game for the east even tho i was in the wes....  and the game told me i didnt make the ASG after i got trtaded (talked about my snub)....

game makes no sense....
I think lewl got the code and he got traded, so it doesnt matter.  Just dont go with slime ball agent and you will be fine. 
Correct, I asked for a trade after about 40 games because I averaged 30+ ppg on the KINGS and still wasn't a starter 
sick.gif

I was planning to stick it out with them though, things just didn't work out. (lol, I talk about this like a real life situation 
laugh.gif
)

Traded to the Thunder, #1 in the west, will prob play the Heat in the finals once I start playing the game again. I got my code Friday night and haven't turned on the PS4 since. I have never played that many games in a season.

I have a serious question, no sarcasm, no judgement, pure curiosity. For those that have got the code and purchased the shoe, does it not bother you that Nike got you to give them $200+ for a signature basketball shoe that you have not seen, that won't be delivered for 4+ months, AND the athlete it's modeled for DOESNT WEAR IT??? That doesn't bother you not one bit at all??? Regardless if the shoe ends up being the DOPEST shoe to ever hit the Lebron line you'd think as a self respecting consumer the circumstances in which you got the "Shadow Figure" shoe would rub you the wrong way. Nike can literally and I mean LITERALLY tell you to do whatever they want you to do and it's done without question. Considering all facts you're buying the shoe purely off the 2014 pairs produced. I don't use the lame a** word often but wouldn't that be the VERY DEFINITION of "HypeB****"? Let's discuss, not looking to argue...
Doesn't bother me. I love 2k14 and was already playing casually before I heard about the shoes. Then I went into BEAST MODE to get the code thing done with. I like the mystery about what it will be, and the wait is fine. Will be a nice surprise in March.

Lebron likes the shoes, but his toes are jacked up. I think its the 2nd best Lebron sig design (behind 9s).

These shoes will have to be SUPER ugly for me to flip them. Its kind of like a trophy to me, knowing the hours I put in to get them in the game.

I would rather put in the hours and get the code sight unseen, then miss out and them be sick when the pics drop, and pissed I didn't try for them. $.02

Last edited:
Lol
Correct, I asked for a trade after about 40 games because I averaged 30+ ppg on the KINGS and still wasn't a starter :x

I was planning to stick it out with them though, things just didn't work out. (lol, I talk about this like a real life situation :lol: )

Traded to the Thunder, #1 in the west, will prob play the Heat in the finals once I start playing the game again. I got my code Friday night and haven't turned on the PS4 since. I have never played that many games in a season.
lmao! Man I'm right there with you. I might not ever play mycareer again lol

the whole concept about playing the game and gaining access to a shoe would have been better executed if the shoe was free as if you actually earned it

having to then pay for a shoe sight unseen is pretty ridiculous
I dont get why people are tripping about the shoe not being seen. That is what so cool about it, its like not knowing if you are having a son or daughter , but you can return the shoes. If the shoe is not what i want when i receive it, i will return it. Nike has a excellent return policy if the shoe wasnt worn.  I easily passed on the AVM for this cracker jack box surprise.

To be fair, if it were actual carbon fiber it'd be stiff as hell and you wouldn't even be able to walk around in them.

But the shoe wasn't designed to have carbon fiber, so it's hard to say they are cheap, don't you think?

I personally think adding carbon fiber to this shoe would make it too rigid and ruin that form fitting feel you get from the foamposite material. 
Carbon Fiber is a soft woven material, it's the resin that makes it hard and stiff. Just thought they could have used the real thing.

Not saying they're cheap, the quality just looks a lot better in pictures.

For example, I was waiting for the Terracotta Warriors thinking the pattern was textured (because of the pictures) but they don't look all that nice; maybe its the purple, should have been more of a bluish tone.

Don't get me wrong I like the XI's just thought it could have been better. I'm still going to cop the TW's and the Miami Nights

This is why I called them cheap:

http://niketalk.com/t/532801/lebron...30-miami-nights-sat-12-14/11880#post_19091206  

Last edited:

I dont get why people are tripping about the shoe not being seen. That is what so cool about it, its like not knowing if you are having a son or daughter , but you can return the shoes. If the shoe is not what i want when i receive it, i will return it. Nike has a excellent return policy if the shoe wasnt worn.  I easily passed on the AVM for this cracker jack box surprise.
Hahaha.  This made me spew.

Doesn't bother me. I love 2k14 and was already playing casually before I heard about the shoes. Then I went into BEAST MODE to get the code thing done with. I like the mystery about what it will be, and the wait is fine. Will be a nice surprise in March.

Lebron likes the shoes, but his toes are jacked up. I think its the 2nd best Lebron sig design (behind 9s).

These shoes will have to be SUPER ugly for me to flip them. Its kind of like a trophy to me, knowing the hours I put in to get them in the game.

I would rather put in the hours and get the code sight unseen, then miss out and them be sick when the pics drop, and pissed I didn't try for them. $.02

Yup me too man. I was already playing mycareer but when the info dropped about the kicks I went from playing an hour a day to like 5 hours a day. They weren't lying when they said it takes dedication to get them either. I think I have about 40 actual in game hours just on mycareer alone. Maybe more. Probably more.
No doubt about that my head is still pounding due to the lack of sleep and looking at this game for so long. I will play again but it wont be anything this week.
Lol totally understand that man. I might play some online matches but myplayer is going to be rusty by the time I get back to it. When they make you play every game and you play 76 of them, you get tired hah.

Are they really gonna make a V2 and release it to the general public or will it be made strictly for LeBron?

Here you go.
Part of me wants these just in case I regret passing down the road. The other part of me is like 
sick.gif
 because of the snowflakes, which are OD in my opinion. Without the snowflakes, would be super clean and instant cop to me.

In the end, I will prob get a pair because I am passing on the Kobe SS, and I need something from the pack right?

Carbon Fiber is a soft woven material, it's the resin that makes it hard and stiff. Just thought they could have used the real thing.

Not saying they're cheap, the quality just looks a lot better in pictures.

For example, I was waiting for the Terracotta Warriors thinking the pattern was textured (because of the pictures) but they don't look all that nice; maybe its the purple, should have been more of a bluish tone.

Don't get me wrong I like the XI's just thought it could have been better. I'm still going to cop the TW's and the Miami Nights

This is why I called them cheap:

http://niketalk.com/t/532801/lebron...30-miami-nights-sat-12-14/11880#post_19091206  
Touche -- it is the resin that makes it rigid.

And I completely understand concerns over quality.  The same exact thing in that link happened to be just before that guy.  

I had literally played in them once and the fuse unglued/split from the foam.  I was heated.  Luckily my replacement pair has been great.

FWIW. I just went back to HOH ( Chicago area)  to exchange my AvM for a smaller size. It turns out they have almost sold through all of them. 

I'm guessing it must the the way they look in person as compared to how they look in photos.

Touche -- it is the resin that makes it rigid.

And I completely understand concerns over quality.  The same exact thing in that link happened to be just before that guy.  

I had literally played in them once and the fuse unglued/split from the foam.  I was heated.  Luckily my replacement pair has been great.
did nike/retailer replaced them?

Hopefully its still sizes next week
Ill have my son do the 2k thingy for me :lol:
he wont mind the man hrs at all

Back
Top Bottom