Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
You're right, I have no right to judge you based on your desire for a sneaker, for that I apologize.

It is still my opinion that it is silly what people go through for sneakers nowadays, but I guess that's how the 'game' is.
I wholeheartedly understand. It is crazy that people will pay 100$ for the code I entered, or 75$ for a bot that "increases" your chances at so and so shoe. It's def crazy.

The way I see it, if you have a next gen system and play 2k14 anyway then why not go for it. If you don't play 2k, have the system and want the shoe then why not go for it. If you bought the system and game strictly for the shoes then you have money already and I'm sure the time to pursue the requirements to get these. Either way it's all good. Congrats to those who have secured their pairs.

Are you guys sometimes happy that you missed out on a pair of sneakers that you really wanted? Why or why not?

Yes, sometimes I am impulsed.

So if I miss out:

1) I realized I can live without them/ I never really wanted them

2) I really want them, therefore I am okay paying reseller prices.

More money in my pocket is always nice. That's about the only positive if you missed out on a shoe you truly wanted.
That's a good point.

Do you guys think about sometimes just the want is greater then actually having the shoe?

Like you want a shoe but when you get it, its kind of a let down.

Food for thought

Looks like the MN XI will be my last until they re release the new model, interested to see what changes will be made. Good with my KP Away and now the miami carbon.

the whole concept about playing the game and gaining access to a shoe would have been better executed if the shoe was free as if you actually earned it

having to then pay for a shoe sight unseen is pretty ridiculous

Last edited:
But that's the point bro, you're sitting and relaxing with your wife and kid...not rockin' out on some video game hoping to get a chance to cop a sneaker with a design you've never seen before.

It's my free time, why does it matter if I'm sitting with my wife and kid, playing a game, or murdering animals? It's my time. What makes one action better than the other? Either way I'm not out making 8/hr and it seems like I should be scrutinised for it. Different people enjoy life in different ways. Who are we to judge?
Shoot I wish I had the opportunity to get the shoes, but I don't have the console or the game. If I did I'd put some time in, . Maybe even play with my son. Would that make it acceptable?

I don't miss shoes I REALLY want, so I have no idea what that feels like.
roll.gif

We're not all that fortunate
What I'm saying is, that even if I miss out at retail, if I REALLY want them, there is always ebay, etc.

If there is something I have to have, I will pay for an RSVP service, which I have only done once though. (Mambacurials)

What I'm saying is, that even if I miss out at retail, if I REALLY want them, there is always ebay, etc.

If there is something I have to have, I will pay for an RSVP service, which I have only done once though. (Mambacurials)

I get it. I was just assuming he meant on rd at retail. Yea if someone REALLY wants a shoe they can give away a bit more change to get em.

Honestly the only pair I still feel salty about missing out on is the celebration elites. I didn't even like the Xs but the red elites had amazing detail. But I'm not paying resale prices. That's just too much money to pay for one shoe. In that case I had to put a cap on how much I was really willing to give up for a pair. And it isn't close to over a G.

I have a serious question, no sarcasm, no judgement, pure curiosity. For those that have got the code and purchased the shoe, does it not bother you that Nike got you to give them $200+ for a signature basketball shoe that you have not seen, that won't be delivered for 4+ months, AND the athlete it's modeled for DOESNT WEAR IT??? That doesn't bother you not one bit at all??? Regardless if the shoe ends up being the DOPEST shoe to ever hit the Lebron line you'd think as a self respecting consumer the circumstances in which you got the "Shadow Figure" shoe would rub you the wrong way. Nike can literally and I mean LITERALLY tell you to do whatever they want you to do and it's done without question. Considering all facts you're buying the shoe purely off the 2014 pairs produced. I don't use the lame a** word often but wouldn't that be the VERY DEFINITION of "HypeB****"? Let's discuss, not looking to argue...

I was up at 7:40 with two computers open. I clicked the link the very instant it was available. Tried to add my size..... sold out. 
Evidently all the guys who usually strikeout ended up getting them so that made them an easy cop :smh: I think it was a lot of factors why they were easier to get for some than previous limited releases like the kid size link going up first which screwed up most bots and the fact it was a weekday release amongst others but it definitely wasn't as easy as people make it sound :lol:

Lol y'all are crazy. I didn't purchase the xbox one and nba 2k14 strictly for the shoes. This is why I don't post much. Same old niketalk. Bunch of hate and no hey man congrats I can't wait to see what they look like. Smh

Smh that you look at it like that. There's life outside of work. When I get home I sit and relax with my son and wife. Should I not do so and go get an $8/hr job to work on all my free time, so it doesn't cost me $8/hr to relax

Hey buddy no hate over here towards you at all, I was just kidding around and adding some humor to the fact that someone calculated the gameplay time into an amount to add to the sneakers that's all :lol: it's a love plehboi, can't wait to see what they look like and I hope I can still get my size 13's by the time I finish :D

so for those of you playing teh vidya...

does it matter if you get traded?

got traded from the pistons after i demanded they trade that bum j smoove

now on the lakers, interestingly i made the ASG on the east, traded b4 the game tho.

played in the game for the east even tho i was in the wes....  and the game told me i didnt make the ASG after i got trtaded (talked about my snub)....

game makes no sense....

I have a serious question, no sarcasm, no judgement, pure curiosity. For those that have got the code and purchased the shoe, does it not bother you that Nike got you to give them $200+ for a signature basketball shoe that you have not seen, that won't be delivered for 4+ months, AND the athlete it's modeled for DOESNT WEAR IT??? That doesn't bother you not one bit at all??? Regardless if the shoe ends up being the DOPEST shoe to ever hit the Lebron line you'd think as a self respecting consumer the circumstances in which you got the "Shadow Figure" shoe would rub you the wrong way. Nike can literally and I mean LITERALLY tell you to do whatever they want you to do and it's done without question. Considering all facts you're buying the shoe purely off the 2014 pairs produced. I don't use the lame a** word often but wouldn't that be the VERY DEFINITION of "HypeB****"? Let's discuss, not looking to argue...
I dont have the code yet, but I have no problem with preordering the shoes.  

If they are ugly I can always return them/resell them and get my money back.  If they are dope, then I have a pair of limited dope pairs of shoes that would be impossible for me to get on NDC, (never been successful on a super limited release).

so in my eyes its a win/win situtation

and i could care less if Lebron is wearing them, I wear the stuff I like it, not because an athlete or Kayne west is wearing it. 

so for those of you playing teh vidya...

does it matter if you get traded?

got traded from the pistons after i demanded they trade that bum j smoove

now on the lakers, interestingly i made the ASG on the east, traded b4 the game tho.

played in the game for the east even tho i was in the wes....  and the game told me i didnt make the ASG after i got trtaded (talked about my snub)....

game makes no sense....
I think lewl got the code and he got traded, so it doesnt matter.  Just dont go with slime ball agent and you will be fine. 

Back
Top Bottom