Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
ive been posting this alot on here too

i returned the shoe 3 times already becuase each store only had 1 of each size

my pair got progressively better with each return lol

the dented in toe box was the only thing i wasnt' accepting

every shoe ive seen was missing the tissue paper in the left shoe and the dent was always worse on the left

i'd never order these shoes online which will be harder to do in the near future

No lie though, all the major flaws that I've seen on them(about 6 pairs) are on the left shoe... smh

No lie though, all the major flaws that I've seen on them(about 6 pairs) are on the left shoe... smh

Lol that's funny most of my acceptable ones are the left pair. It's the right pairs that are pushin me over the edge.

But it is what it is. DSG is sending me another pair and I'll be sending them back the pair that came in today. At this point the odds have to be in my favor. If not then I was really just not meant to have a solid pair.

Sorry to bring negativity into an otherwise positive thread! Still love the model just hoping to have better luck with future pick-ups (which may be even more difficult if production numbers go down and hype goes up forcing the online route).

sucks you guys are finding bad pairs, mine are 95% legit besides some small residue of glue. its livable though, balled in mine last night and that cushioning is sick. love pushing off one foot to defend

Since there is probably no one awake in the ID thread...

someone please go to nike id and go to the chroma option and click on add speckles and tell me if you see a glitch of a design

so I can see if im crazy or not

yeah my friend who ordered online said he's pair came in with an eight of an inch grayish mark at left shoe the toe cap
grin.gif
  the only good thing is that this release was very easy i was able to inspect 3 pairs before picking one, for the amount of money were paying for these shoes i want my shoes to be close to perfect as possible
tired.gif

Only ones I'm liking so far is the Forging Irons and Akrons, either I'm copping one pair or none, not really down for paying 200 retail for something unless I really like the shoe.

Since there is probably no one awake in the ID thread...

someone please go to nike id and go to the chroma option and click on add speckles and tell me if you see a glitch of a design

so I can see if im crazy or not
no glitch here, at least not anymore, shoulda screenshot it

Almost scary to imagine how flawed THOSE will be :lol:

Shoes looking like they were in head-on collisions and ****

I know the quality on my NDC is pretty good, some glue issues but nothing serious, no dents

I plan on picking up another pair Friday, want two of these before they are gone and I regret it

Unfortunately, with no sewing and the hyperfuse construction (lots of glue on the seams to join materials) we are probably going to see a little more "workmanship" flaws from the machines on these, but I think overall the quality has been pretty decent. My 2 pair of KP's have a couple spots here and there, but are pretty solid overall.

I'm fine with people going nuts over the Forging Irons, means I'll be able to walk right in to Footlocker, grab my pair of Aways and Gammas and be done with XI's until All-Star break with no hassles.

Hit the lotto lol.. That is ridiculous and that's not being overly picky IMO either as far as the dents go.. No way I could handle dents.. Far as the excess glue think that's more common, mine has some noticeable glue on the medial side as well but I can live with that personally just not the dents

Gospel!!! Can't live with the dented anything.. These sneakers kinda whack anyway..

Th
Can
Xs were just a remix of the 8s to me...pretty much had the same overall shape/silhouette but with a reverse swoosh and different materials. They're amazingly comfortable, but looks/design wise I honestly didn't think they brought anything all that new to the table. They're pretty much just an updated 8, which isn't a bad thing at all. My main gripe with the Xs was I always felt like they could've done more with that shoe. A lot of the colorways that came out just felt kinda lazy or uninspired to me.[/quot

Can't be mad at that comparo, I can see where your coming from, IMO the 8 v2 is Lebrons second best signature and there super comfy as well.. However the x is just a taller silhouette, ESP in the toe area than the 8, the back doesn't have the mini-pull tab or any branding like the signature on the 8.. I suppose the x is more "plain" with solid cw's mainly but in this case the "less is more" works to perfection on the x IMO..

The x is made for sloth toe'd slobbery superhumans dude. SOMETHING has to accommodate 6'8, 250, and a foot build like the roots of a giant redwood.

The xi, to me, is Fulgore's actual boot he performs ultra combos in, real talk.

I get that you can't avoid cosmetic flaws from today's Nikes, no matter how much they're worth.  That doesn't actually bother me too much.  But what's wrong with my pair is something I'm concerned about because I don't want it to completely come apart as I hoop in them.  

Fuse unglued from the armoposite at the flex point.  I can see how it would happen and I can live with how it looks, but I just don't want it to come completely off and affect the lockdown/performance of the shoe.

Last edited:
I get that you can't avoid cosmetic flaws from today's Nikes, no matter how much they're worth.  That doesn't actually bother me too much.  But what's wrong with my pair is something I'm concerned about because I don't want it to completely come apart as I hoop in them.  

Fuse unglued from the armoposite at the flex point.  I can see how it would happen and I can live with how it looks, but I just don't want it to come completely off and affect the lockdown/performance of the shoe.

This isn't a "cosmetic" defect, this is bad, and would effect performance. You will be able to return these no problem, and hopefully get a new better pair.

This isn't a "cosmetic" defect, this is bad, and would effect performance. You will be able to return these no problem, and hopefully get a new better pair.
I certainly hope so...  just a shame because I really enjoyed the first session hooping in them

Back
Top Bottom