Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
The shoe is amazing overall bro. I think Nike and Lebron see that the "max" has a self life. These will be wearable after 15 years. Its built with durablity in mind and is still light and stylish.  The first color was amazing, not feeling some of the new ones, but I love the model of this shoe and will ID some pairs. Enjoy the new technology with these kicks man, its just a great great shoe.

You think these will be wearable after 15 years? I didn't cop KPs , waiting for a cw I like. But Kobe 8s use similar removable insole technology and most people say you can't hoop in those after a couple months of ballin. I'd expect these to last much longerbut i dont think theyll last all that long in the big picture, especially for 200 bones

I get that you can't avoid cosmetic flaws from today's Nikes, no matter how much they're worth.  That doesn't actually bother me too much.  But what's wrong with my pair is something I'm concerned about because I don't want it to completely come apart as I hoop in them.  

Fuse unglued from the armoposite at the flex point.  I can see how it would happen and I can live with how it looks, but I just don't want it to come completely off and affect the lockdown/performance of the shoe.
you are waaay too understanding. your $200 purchase just came apart within days like a cheap mcdonalds happymeal toy

Th
The x is made for sloth toe'd slobbery superhumans dude. SOMETHING has to accommodate 6'8, 250, and a foot build like the roots of a giant redwood.

The xi, to me, is Fulgore's actual boot he performs ultra combos in, real talk.

Yo homie!! Been waitin on you to get out your comfort zone and come embrace the Bron thread!! Lol, nice to see you here

you are waaay too understanding. your $200 purchase just came apart within days like a cheap mcdonalds happymeal toy
Exactly -- But I will not be calm if they don't replace my pair.  What I was getting at is that the performance aspect is what I'm worried about.  Cosmetic flaws I could deal with. But this... no way

Th
I get that you can't avoid cosmetic flaws from today's Nikes, no matter how much they're worth.  That doesn't actually bother me too much.  But what's wrong with my pair is something I'm concerned about because I don't want it to completely come apart as I hoop in them.  

Fuse unglued from the armoposite at the flex point.  I can see how it would happen and I can live with how it looks, but I just don't want it to come completely off and affect the lockdown/performance of the shoe.

View media item 627114

This is horrifying

I fully expected something like that too happen, this shoe is too ahead of its time, hopefully they make the pairs better cause if i I.D a pair ima be ripped

^ agreed

Also advertising should speak more for the product...than the product itself.

I think nike is the only company that boasts that their company will maintain their revenue by using inexpensive materials while raising prices

The shoe is amazing overall bro. I think Nike and Lebron see that the "max" has a self life. These will be wearable after 15 years. Its built with durablity in mind and is still light and stylish.  The first color was amazing, not feeling some of the new ones, but I love the model of this shoe and will ID some pairs. Enjoy the new technology with these kicks man, its just a great great shoe.

You think these will be wearable after 15 years? I didn't cop KPs , waiting for a cw I like. But Kobe 8s use similar removable insole technology and most people say you can't hoop in those after a couple months of ballin. I'd expect these to last much longerbut i dont think theyll last all that long in the big picture, especially for 200 bones
I'm not sure about 15 years, but these XIs should last a pretty good while. The Kobe 8s don't last as long for heavy ballin because the insoles are entirely made of lunarlon, which bottoms out eventually, and the Engineered Mesh upper obviously isn't gonna be as durable as hyperfuse + foam. The XIs having bottom loaded zoom air plus lunarlon should also help extend their court life. For casual wear, I don't think there should be much concern.

I think the problem with the shoe game today is Nike is like one of those fat or ugly chicks on instagram. They really are 6s but thirsty guys gas them up and compliment them to the point where they think theyre 10s. Nike makes shoes that are no better than what you can get for half the price but the thirst for having "the new lebrons" is so high that nike thinks they can price them like theyre made from high quality materials when theyre really not. Supply and demand at its finest 
mean.gif

Im still gonna cop the forging irons aka orange octobers aka doritos though 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

Seen a lot of these with glue spots and some with glue that looks like its parting between the adjoining materials. 
Yea in this case it has parted from the adjoining material.  Not even a looks thing here -- the fuse actually unglued from the armorposite

I think the problem with the shoe game today is Nike is like one of those fat or ugly chicks on instagram. They really are 6s but thirsty guys gas them up and compliment them to the point where they think theyre 10s. Nike makes shoes that are no better than what you can get for half the price but the thirst for having "the new lebrons" is so high that nike thinks they can price them like theyre made from high quality materials when theyre really not. Supply and demand at its finest 
mean.gif

pimp.gif
Agreed in part that sometimes we as consumers hype up everything Nike (and Jordan Brand in particular) and drive the market to ridiculous levels.  But to add to your analogy to the ugly or fat chicks on Instagram, what allows them to get gassed up so much is the accessibility these thirsty guys have to them.  Back in the day, on a local level, a few dudes here and there may indulge in the vanity of a 6 and make her feel like a 10 and it was ok.  This chick likely knew that outside her circle/community/whatever, she was still really a 6.  Nowadays, a 6 gets gassed up by the thirst of guys all over the world...it's global...all from the comfort of their mobile device.  In other words, it is also the overload of every chick having an instagram and putting it out there to the point where those thirsty guys find exactly what it is they are looking for, every time.  Thirst begets thirst.  
mean.gif

The only problem with the analogy is that there are plenty of 6s for us all to go around, while some shoes, however, are limited.  lol  There are so many outlets for the hype for any given shoe, especially ones of premier athletes, to just blow up, all the time, everytime.  We are overexposed to them all, constantly.  It really is a problem and I dont think it will be getting any better anytime soon.  Avoid the hype and try to buy what you like, even if it is a 6.  

Aside from some glue tracks, my pair was good. No dents or uncut armorposite ouch :nerd: Nike sending Lebrons to get QCd by JB inspectors?

The x is made for sloth toe'd slobbery superhumans dude. SOMETHING has to accommodate 6'8, 250, and a foot build like the roots of a giant redwood.

The xi, to me, is Fulgore's actual boot he performs ultra combos in, real talk.
I don't know if you complimented the XI's there or not but I thought it was hilarious
roll.gif
 I really can see Fulgore with these on doing an ULTRA!!!! Someone should do a photoshop btw when I was a young bull I could never do Ultra hit combos
frown.gif

Last edited:

mean.gif

pimp.gif
Really great analogy and I agree 100% even with your spoiler
laugh.gif
 your really pushing thee orange octobers handle I see, your a fool
roll.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom