Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
This is an example from the CBA. No CBA applies to negotiations between Nike and Lebron. Nothing in contract law requires mutual agreement to terminate a contract, outside of something like a CBA.

Not gonna lie.... I wouldn't want you as my attorney. You clearly missed the topic then provided me with no proof of your assertion of the nba constantly reworking contracts then you tell me that the contract between nike and lebron can be terminated by one party for no good reason.

No offense taken because you don't know what you're talking about. Just recently John Wall and Damian Lillard left their contracts to either renegotiate or find a new brand. Nike can't force Lebron to wear its shoes; if he wanted to sign with another brand it's likely his contract with Nike has a huge buyout clause. But if the buyer is right, it could pay that. Even if there is a non compete clause that certainly is negotiable. Just like I originally said, everything is negotiable. You can't contract for someone to do something they don't want to do. That's indentured servitude.

What Nike SHOULD do is produce the WTL in Gator King numbers 
devil.gif

This is an example from the CBA. No CBA applies to negotiations between Nike and Lebron. Nothing in contract law requires mutual agreement to terminate a contract, outside of something like a CBA.

Not gonna lie.... I wouldn't want you as my attorney. You clearly missed the topic then provided me with no proof of your assertion of the nba constantly reworking contracts then you tell me that the contract between nike and lebron can be terminated by one party for no good reason.

No offense taken because you don't know what you're talking about. Just recently John Wall and Damian Lillard left their contracts to either renegotiate or find a new brand. Nike can't force Lebron to wear its shoes; if he wanted to sign with another brand it's likely his contract with Nike has a huge buyout clause. But if the buyer is right, it could pay that. Even if there is a non compete clause that certainly is negotiable. Just like I originally said, everything is negotiable. You can't contract for someone to do something they don't want to do. That's indentured servitude.

Still missed the point. Let's keep making rumors that bron is leaving nike.

It's also kinda funny to try and paint this picture of Lebron being upset or unsatisfied with Nike and their product.

He's never stopped wearing Nike products :lol:

He's been wearing HIS signature shoes the entire time.

For all anyone knows Nike could be tweaking their marketing strategy and trying to increase interest for the soldiers.

Some of you guys are kings of overreaction :lol:

Still missed the point. Let's keep making rumors that bron is leaving nike.

Hold up buddy educate me partna! Lol I'm a die hard blazers fan. Now when you said Damien left who to go to who? We are mainly sponsored by adidas so that why he signed with them and the big contract as pooh isn't really promoting on the sideline. To my knowledge he always wore 3 stripes.

Aimed @ bcbp J! My bad

Last edited:
Still waiting to see what nba contracts have been negotiated.

And yup you are right on about wall.

Lillard has an opt opt he's invoking. He didn't just say peace out.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...out-of-adidas-contract-become-shoe-free-agent

Still waiting to hear how lebron can't leave nike

He's under contract. You also know that lebron wants to be the worlds first billion dollar athlete. Tell me a brand that he would go to that could afford to pay his buy out along with his financial demands.

He isn't going to hand nike millions just so he can sign to a lesser company.

You are correct, can't be terminated by one party (I am also a business attorney for the record, in the medical field but same basic legal principles apply), Nike would have damages against LeBron that would be ridiculous based upon his previous Nike sales if he decided not to honor his agreement.  Contracts can be renegotiated, but again that requires mutual consent to basically destroy the old contract (agreed by both parties) with an agreement to a new binding contract.  Nike can't decide it doesn't want to pay LeBron anymore during this deal, and LeBron can't decide he wants to wear a different shoe other than a Nike on court.  So from a business perspective, no adviser to LeBron is going to let him walk out on this deal, knowing Nike will collect astronomical damages against him as basically a given.  I don't know where all this LeBron contract speculation comes from, but he's not going anywhere before 2017. 

You are correct, can't be terminated by one party (I am also a business attorney for the record, in the medical field but same basic legal principles apply), Nike would have damages against LeBron that would be ridiculous based upon his previous Nike sales if he decided not to honor his agreement.  Contracts can be renegotiated, but again that requires mutual consent to basically destroy the old contract (agreed by both parties) with an agreement to a new binding contract.  Nike can't decide it doesn't want to pay LeBron anymore during this deal, and LeBron can't decide he wants to wear a different shoe other than a Nike on court.  So from a business perspective, no adviser to LeBron is going to let him walk out on this deal, knowing Nike will collect astronomical damages against him as basically a given.  I don't know where all this LeBron contract speculation comes from, but he's not going anywhere before 2017. 

A party is always free to refuse to perform under a contract. Lebron can refuse to wear Nikes and Nike can sue him. This isn't complicated.

just b/c they wont release the wtl shoe doesnt mean they wont release the what the championship lebron 11

Liliard didn't leave his contract just because, he had a performance clause that he met giving him the opt out but he decided to stay with adidas so it doesnt matter, bottom line Lebron isn't going anywhere short of a different nba team, not a shoe, i tell you what he complained so much about the adidas shirt jersey that i doubt either of them would ever come to a deal
roll.gif

Probably not going to happen, but I'd cop on day 1 if Nike adds the velvet-looking upper from the 2ks on ID. 

:x It would be dudes dying heart attacks and strokes from the levels of sodium if anything from the 2K14's becomes available on I.D. :lol:

what happened to this thread

**** got real! :lol:

What Nike SHOULD do is produce the WTL in Gator King numbers :evil:

What you SHOULD do is take a bucket of pennies to a wishing well :lol:

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
just lending my voice to echo the obove who stated lillard had an opt out and wall didnt leave because rbk=adi

Our lawyer friend is going to use dwades switch from converse to Jb next....

How about Vince Carter from Puma to Nike?

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/puma-wins-in-arbitration-with-vince-carter-72372927.html

Yea.... Breach of contract.

Yea. Carter left puma and signed with Nike unilaterally. Just like you said Lebron couldn't do. Of course it's a breach of contract. That was the whole point of this. You said he couldn't leave Nike. Obviously he can. You seem to be having trouble keeping up.

Back
Top Bottom