Votes: 19 1.4%
  • Elite (Grey.Black/Red)

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • BHM

Votes: 77 5.9%
  • Gumbo/All Stars

Votes: 354 27.0%

• Total voters
Not leaving nike man. He has a contract.

Contracts are broken every day.

I don't think that he is actually leaving, but whatever is going on right now is just crazy.
stop reaching. nike would have to release Bron from his contract which it obviously wouldn't do.

I didn't see the new contract extension either so who knows. I doubt he walk away from the best sneaker company but op had lost hope about WTL in mid sentence. Funny but sad at the same time. Cmon Nike! Your breaking hearts out here. Please don't discontinue the KC

he just signed it in 2010 and it was at least 7 years: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/03/sources_say_lebron_james_new_d.html

Everglades/reverse kp/florals or whatever name you want to call em came in today, ill reserve judgement on the 2ks until i have them in hand....idk about an autograph but they'll prob come in some sort of special packaging ala crown jewels(X's)

I got a pair and I think they are ugly

I sold mine the other day for a fair price, with the cash I am going to pick up a grail i've been wanting (royal foams, big bang 8s, kd galaxy 4s) or I might go to Universal in the fall.

Everglades/reverse kp/florals or whatever name you want to call em came in today, ill reserve judgement on the 2ks until i have them in hand....idk about an autograph but they'll prob come in some sort of special packaging ala crown jewels(X's)
Special Packaging would be nice. Im not gonna get my hopes up though. It does make you wonder why anyone would ebay theirs now before any of those details come out. If they are by some remote chance autographed, then these people who already listed will take a major L

Special Packaging would be nice. Im not gonna get my hopes up though. It does make you wonder why anyone would ebay theirs now before any of those details come out. If they are by some remote chance autographed, then these people who already listed will take a major L
they can always cancel the order and refund them there money.. worse that can happen is you get negative feedback. 

now that there is no WTL date..... my theory is looking more and more plausible....

I've slept on it---that was just a move on their part to weed out the weaklings
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
THE STRONG WILL PREVAIL!!!
nerd.gif
that's right yall keep hope alive

Anyone ordered from this guy? Just want to check the quality...
http://www.kingsprideph.bigcartel.com
I was going to, but it doesn't allow me to choose what color I want.  I want a set for my Miami Nights and my Graffitis.
let me know how they turn out i need some for my ext's and MN/SLH
nthat.gif
 still mad about Lancer he had great qualtiy
I didn't see the new contract extension either so who knows. I doubt he walk away from the best sneaker company but op had lost hope about WTL in mid sentence. Funny but sad at the same time. Cmon Nike! Your breaking hearts out here. Please don't discontinue the KC
nothing else matters to me but this

let me know how they turn out i need some for my ext's and MN/SLH :nthat:  still mad about Lancer he had great qualtiy

100! What if the pacers get even? I think if he make the finals they should drop soon after. Like that dude kinda played Nike's hand but man I need them bad and no I ain't hyping. It's plan to see like Jennifer Lopez #A Bad mother...shut cho mouth!

let me know how they turn out i need some for my ext's and MN/SLH
nthat.gif
 still mad about Lancer he had great qualtiy

100! What if the pacers get even? I think if he make the finals they should drop soon after. Like that dude kinda played Nike's hand but man I need them bad and no I ain't hyping. It's plan to see like Jennifer Lopez #A Bad mother...shut cho mouth!
by even you mean head out to the finals? it will be interesting because the pacers match up great against the heat size wise, i'd be po'ed if they cancelled all the releases if the heat get ko the rest of the playoffs, need those KC's

O
Not leaving nike man. He has a contract.

Contracts are broken every day.

I don't think that he is actually leaving, but whatever is going on right now is just crazy.
stop reaching. nike would have to release Bron from his contract which it obviously wouldn't do.

he just signed it in 2010 and it was at least 7 years: http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/03/sources_say_lebron_james_new_d.html

Of course he can leave if he wants. Everything is negotiable.

bcbp bcbp - riiiiight.... so I guess its ok to speak unfound rumors just because.... nice. Guess Bron can just walk into nike and tell them hes done like nike wont have nothing to say about it. Hes the face of nike basketball right now in the middle of a contract. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp. Nike isn't going to let him out of his contract to go with a competitor. That would shift the market. Kobe is at the end of his career so the big 3 would possibly go from Bron, KD, Kobe to just KD..... OK. Yea. OK.

bcbp bcbp - riiiiight.... so I guess its ok to speak unfound rumors just because.... nice. Guess Bron can just walk into nike and tell them hes done like nike wont have nothing to say about it. Hes the face of nike basketball right now in the middle of a contract. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp. Nike isn't going to let him out of his contract to go with a competitor. That would shift the market. Kobe is at the end of his career so the big 3 would possibly go from Bron, KD, Kobe to just KD..... OK. Yea. OK.

Well, as a corporate attorney, I see contracts renegotiated on a daily basis for a variety of reasons. To give you an example, in the NBA you see contracts renegotiated all the time. Why would it be any different for Lebrons contract with Nike? The answer is, it wouldn't. Of course there would be some penalty to Lebron, but all of that is negotiable if the right bidder comes along.

Last edited:

Well, as a corporate attorney, I see contracts renegotiated on a daily basis for a variety of reasons. To give you an example, in the NBA you see contracts renegotiated all the time. Why would it be any different for Lebrons contract with Nike? The answer is, it wouldn't. Of course there would be some penalty to Lebron, but all of that is negotiable if the right bidder comes along.

waiting to here which NBA contract is renegotiated.....

waiting to here which NBA contract is renegotiated.....

First off, "hear"

Second, from the NBA CBA:

60. Can existing contracts be renegotiated?

A contract for four or more seasons can be renegotiated after the third anniversary of its signing, extension, or previous renegotiation (if the previous negotiation increased any season's salary by more than 4.5%). Contracts for fewer than four seasons cannot be renegotiated. A contract cannot be renegotiated between March 1 and June 30 of any year.

Only teams under the cap can renegotiate a contract, and the salary in the then-current season can be increased only to the extent that the team has room under the cap (and cannot increase the player's salary beyond the maximum salary). A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team.

If the player agrees to waive a portion of his trade bonus in order to facilitate a trade (see question number 98), his contract may not be renegotiated for six months following the trade.

Every category of compensation (base salary, likely bonuses, and unlikely bonuses) that are increased in the renegotiated season must also increase in all subsequent seasons of the contract. Raises (and decreases) in subsequent seasons are limited to 7.5% of the salary in the first renegotiated season.

A renegotiated contract can be extended simultaneously (see question number 59). If a player's contract is extended and renegotiated simultaneously in this manner, his salary may not decrease by more than 40% from the last season before the extension (after it is renegotiated) to the first season of the extension. For example, if the salary in the last season of a contract is renegotiated to $10 million and the contract is simultaneously extended, the salary in the first season of the extension cannot be less than $6 million.

Other rules for renegotiations:

A signing bonus cannot accompany a renegotiation unless the contract is extended simultaneously (see question number 59).
A rookie scale contract (see question number 49) cannot be renegotiated.
A contract cannot be renegotiated in conjunction with a trade.

bcbp bcbp - thanks for the excerpt.... NOW TELL ME SOME CONTRACTS THAT THE NBA HAS RENEGOTIATED SINCE THEY HAPPEN ALL OF THE TIME. the only common occurrence of a "negotiation" that is common is a buy out.

Both parties involved in the contract must MUTUALLY AGREE TO TERMINATE unless the terms are violated by one of the parties. Why would nike willingly do so? And that's the point im making. Dudes are saying Bron is leaving nike like its a 1 sided decision.

Last edited:
This is an example from the CBA. No CBA applies to negotiations between Nike and Lebron. Nothing in contract law requires mutual agreement to terminate a contract, outside of something like a CBA.

Last edited:
I got a pair and I think they are ugly

I sold mine the other day for a fair price, with the cash I am going to pick up a grail i've been wanting (royal foams, big bang 8s, kd galaxy 4s) or I might go to Universal in the fall.
how much did u sell for?

This is an example from the CBA. No CBA applies to negotiations between Nike and Lebron. Nothing in contract law requires mutual agreement to terminate a contract, outside of something like a CBA.

Not gonna lie.... I wouldn't want you as my attorney. You clearly missed the topic then provided me with no proof of your assertion of the nba constantly reworking contracts then you tell me that the contract between nike and lebron can be terminated by one party for no good reason.

by even you mean head out to the finals? it will be interesting because the pacers match up great against the heat size wise, i'd be po'ed if they cancelled all the releases if the heat get ko the rest of the playoffs, need those KC's

The way the guy was talking like it was incentive based like he going for gold but how can he if he lose in the ECF. Too much $ to be made to not release. They should do a proper release like the rest and no limited crap either

Back
Top Bottom