LeBron James Quarter Point MVP

You know Ska, I'm a Pistons fan but also a realest.....

So NO MATTER WHAT their final record will be, I will not be surprised when they announce Lebron to be the MVP.

Not even hating on the dude, but the NBA MVP is one of the most inconsistent awards that exists.

Sometimes I just feels that it's a big popularity contest, and I never understood how MJ didn't win it more than the what 5 times that he did.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LMAO @ all the Lakers fans saying Dwight.. They shook as hell at the thought that LeBron might win MVP before their guy, so they figure that they'll endorse a big man who can't really be compared to Kobe since they play a different position.
laugh.gif
you're quick to jump @ Laker fans. it's not all Laker fans but keep telling that to yourself

I told yall the Magic would be a top 3 team in the east and D12 would be a top 3 MVP candidate, when most of yall had the Magic out the playoffs....just sayinlol

and D12 is the MVP without question, its not even debatable at this point, its really not...The Cavs are barely above mediocre with LBJ, bad without...wow.LeBron might be the best individual basketball player this season, maybe, but thats not what determines the MVP, yall know that, dont act stupid like this isnew to yall...

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

No it's not.. LeBron is the MVP, both in terms of stats and how much he means to his team, something that is all too evident right now when he's not playing. I mean, the Cavs are completely lost without him and are total garbage. This could be seen in the game where he was injured itself. In the first half against the Pistons, the game was relatively close, when he went out the Pistons went on a rampage and absolutely demolished the pathetic Cavs. LBJ = MVP

In that case Stephen Jackson from thw Warriors should be MVP
grin.gif

But, he's not it's D12. No way you can be a MVP when you miss 5 games because of a sprain on your NON SHOOTING HAND

You don't think LeBron is the MVP. BTW, nice avatar you got there, I can't quite see who it is..

Does Stephen Jackson happen to average numbers that haven't been seen since MJ's 32, 8 & 8 season in the late 80s?
indifferent.gif

Nice try..

If my avy really mattered I would jump in here saying Kobe should be the MVP.
eyes.gif

LMAO @ all the Lakers fans saying Dwight.. They shook as hell at the thought that LeBron might win MVP before their guy, so they figure that they'll endorse a big man who can't really be compared to Kobe since they play a different position.
ill tell you what, if you can find me an someone who won the MVP in the last 20 years when their team has had a losing record then ill paypal you5 bucks. If you cant, then shut up because you have no idea how the voting system works. Putting up big stats does not equal MVP. When your team is 9-11 Iguarantee you wont win MVP. People are saying Dwight is MVP not because they dont want to admit LeBron is putting up crazy stats, but because Dwight's teamis 16-5 and rolling while putting up CRAZY stats also. Try telling me 24 and 15 isnt crazy. Maybe people dont think LeBron is MVP for the simple fact the hewill have sat out a fourth of the played season with a jammed finger after tomorrow night. Seriously though, find me an MVP winner in the last 20 years (afterthey switched the voting system) from a losing team and I will paypal you 5 bucks.

Originally Posted by kobefan88

ill tell you what, if you can find me an someone who won the MVP in the last 20 years when their team has had a losing record then ill paypal you 5 bucks. If you cant, then shut up because you have no idea how the voting system works. Putting up big stats does not equal MVP. When your team is 9-11 I guarantee you wont win MVP. People are saying Dwight is MVP not because they dont want to admit LeBron is putting up crazy stats, but because Dwight's team is 16-5 and rolling while putting up CRAZY stats also. Try telling me 24 and 15 isnt crazy. Maybe people dont think LeBron is MVP for the simple fact the he will have sat out a fourth of the played season with a jammed finger after tomorrow night. Seriously though, find me an MVP winner in the last 20 years (after they switched the voting system) from a losing team and I will paypal you 5 bucks.

2006-07 - Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas 67-15
2005-06 - Steve Nash, Phoenix 54-28
2004-05 - Steve Nash, Phoenix 62-20
2003-04 - Kevin Garnett, Minnesota 58-24
2002-03 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio 60-22
2001-02 - Tim Duncan, San Antonio 58-24
2000-01 - Allen Iverson, Philadelphia 56-26
1999-00 - Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles Lakers 67-15
1998-99 - Karl Malone, Utah 37-13
1997-98 - Michael Jordan, Chicago 62-20
1996-97 - Karl Malone, Utah 64-18
1995-96 - Michael Jordan, Chicago 72-10
pimp.gif

1994-95 - David Robinson, San Antonio 62-20
1993-94 - Hakeem Olajuwon, Houston 58-24
1992-93 - Charles Barkley, Phoenix 62-20
1991-92 - Michael Jordan, Chicago 67-15

ill tell you what, if you can find me an someone who won the MVP in the last 20 years when their team has had a losing record then ill paypal you 5 bucks. If you cant, then shut up because you have no idea how the voting system works. Putting up big stats does not equal MVP. When your team is 9-11 I guarantee you wont win MVP. People are saying Dwight is MVP not because they dont want to admit LeBron is putting up crazy stats, but because Dwight's team is 16-5 and rolling while putting up CRAZY stats also. Try telling me 24 and 15 isnt crazy. Maybe people dont think LeBron is MVP for the simple fact the he will have sat out a fourth of the played season with a jammed finger after tomorrow night. Seriously though, find me an MVP winner in the last 20 years (after they switched the voting system) from a losing team and I will paypal you 5 bucks.

His team did not have a losing record before hs got injured. 24 and 15 is crazy, but 31, 8, 8, 2 & 1.5 is beyond crazy. And keep comforting yourselveswith the thought that they don't look at how bad a team is without a player. That's how Steve Nash won his first MVP. People were saying that Amare wasreally the MVP of that team that year, when he averaged 26-27, but then they looked at their records without Amare and compared them with the records withoutNash and that's how Nash won MVP, because that record was in favor of Nash. And it has been proven that the Lakers are not as horrible without Kobe as theCavs are currently without LeBron, they are beyond hopeless. I remember the Lakers starting 4-0 last year without Kobe.
No matter what you say, I know for afact that yall are just a bunch of Kobe fans scared to the bone that a player who plays a position that is about the same as Kobe might win the MVP beforeKobe, an award that Kobe might never win. That's why it's so convenient to point to Howard, a big man where you can use the phrase "apples andoranges" if someone makes a thread comparing Dwight and Kobe.

You should sleep with one eye open though.. Cause LeBron is coming to crush all your hopes.
devil.gif

His team did not have a losing record before hs got injured. 24 and 15 is crazy, but 31, 8, 8, 2 & 1.5 is beyond crazy. And keep comforting yourselves with the thought that they don't look at how bad a team is without a player. That's how Steve Nash won his first MVP. People were saying that Amare was really the MVP of that team that year, when he averaged 26-27, but then they looked at their records without Amare and compared them with the records without Nash and that's how Nash won MVP, because that record was in favor of Nash. And it has been proven that the Lakers are not as horrible without Kobe as the Cavs are currently without LeBron, they are beyond hopeless. I remember the Lakers starting 4-0 last year without Kobe.
No matter what you say, I know for a fact that yall are just a bunch of Kobe fans scared to the bone that a player who plays a position that is about the same as Kobe might win the MVP before Kobe, an award that Kobe might never win. That's why it's so convenient to point to Howard, a big man where you can use the phrase "apples and oranges" if someone makes a thread comparing Dwight and Kobe.

You should sleep with one eye open though.. Cause LeBron is coming to crush all your hopes.
devil.gif

OK Fine LeBron was having a good year. But how you can justify someone sitting out 5 games with a sprained finger on your non shooting hand is beyond me.
Oh and I also find it funny how you think everyone is out to get LeBron. It's not so much that LeBron doesn't deserve it, it's the fact that D12is doing his thing down in Orlando.

i think the voters look at winners when deciding mvp.

cavs are not winning, magic are winning.

mvp = dwight

as of now anyway. still way too early to tell.

i agree w X.

PS this has nothing to do with anything but I made this thread with the original title "James Quarter point MVP" and it got no replies for 3 hours,not 1. So I added "LeBron" so you all knew it was LeBron James and not James Quarter. Thats when the haters arrived. Look at the first and secondpost times.

PS this has nothing to do with anything but I made this thread with the original title "James Quarter point MVP" and it got no replies for 3 hours, not 1. So I added "LeBron" so you all knew it was LeBron James and not James Quarter. Thats when the haters arrived. Look at the first and second post times.
roll.gif

His team did not have a losing record before hs got injured. 24 and 15 is crazy, but 31, 8, 8, 2 & 1.5 is beyond crazy. And keep comforting yourselves with the thought that they don't look at how bad a team is without a player. That's how Steve Nash won his first MVP. People were saying that Amare was really the MVP of that team that year, when he averaged 26-27, but then they looked at their records without Amare and compared them with the records without Nash and that's how Nash won MVP, because that record was in favor of Nash. And it has been proven that the Lakers are not as horrible without Kobe as the Cavs are currently without LeBron, they are beyond hopeless. I remember the Lakers starting 4-0 last year without Kobe.
No matter what you say, I know for a fact that yall are just a bunch of Kobe fans scared to the bone that a player who plays a position that is about the same as Kobe might win the MVP before Kobe, an award that Kobe might never win. That's why it's so convenient to point to Howard, a big man where you can use the phrase "apples and oranges" if someone makes a thread comparing Dwight and Kobe.

devil.gif

Allen Iverson has an MVP and is still not considered better than Kobe Bryant. dude, every post you are mad at Kobe Bryant. let it go dude... Your hateaint gonna persuade nobody to believe your insane biased opinions....

hahaha there is no way in hell a sub 500 team has a player whos sitting out with his pinky injured gets mvp.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

You know Ska, I'm a Pistons fan but also a realest.....

So NO MATTER WHAT their final record will be, I will not be surprised when they announce Lebron to be the MVP.

Not even hating on the dude, but the NBA MVP is one of the most inconsistent awards that exists.

Sometimes I just feels that it's a big popularity contest, and I never understood how MJ didn't win it more than the what 5 times that he did.
it has been consistent in the fact that you must have a high winning percentage to get it. thats why the nba is flawed. they will never give the mvp tosomeone who actually deserves it. its always somebody with the best record and on a GOOD team...

i bet a guy like xtrapolicet or whatever was saying Kobe Bryant didnt deserve the MVP in 2006 because his team didnt have one of the top records yet hes allfor lebron getting the mvp this year... its the norm here on niketalk... whenever people disagree with you, label them kobe fans
laugh.gif

because we all know kobe fans get paid whenever kobe wins an award right?

Bro, can you post one time about Kobe without trying to put someone on blast?

Everything you just said would have been perfectly fine and legit without mention of Xtapolapacetl, but it's like... you can't.

I mean, you CAN, you just don't.

And it's as annoying to others as the annoyance you harbor for anti-Kobe folks.

Just an observation, dude.

I don't expect you to ponder it for longer than 2 seconds, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways... just in case.

I scanned through, and I don't think I saw one mention of:

17d06f296d12bfd8b05eee3e22985d3e-getty-76075133ds004_suns_raps.jpg

He's having another ridiculous season, and has the Suns playing some great ball

IMO...

KG
Nash/D12
Tony Parker

why was kobe brought up in this one again?
because of some Bron fan who thinks that the only reason that people can vote for Dwight Howard is because they dont want LBJ to get an MVP beforeKobe. The thread is quarter season MVP. Not playing a quarter of the played season does not make you quarter season MVP. Having a team record of 9-11 does notmake you quarter season MVP. If having a crappy record mattered so much, then Nyc Buc's boy Tmac would have a MVP by now also.

BTW, I believe the reason Nash won MVP his first year in Phoenix wasn't because of the teams record without him, it was because the team was fricken 20-62the year before. Jesus, use common sense

Why are so many people on his nuts? Seriously, his fans are the craziest when it comes to defending him....well, maybe Kobe has more fanboys.

Back
Top Bottom