Lebron is a cheapskate...

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Originally Posted by LA Laker Devotee

I don't live in America, so how much do you usually tip? 15%?

15% is on the low end. 20% is more appropriate if you're catered to decently.

seeing how your country works fine without tip, I don't see why anyone is complaining

Originally Posted by vintagefits

seeing how your country works fine without tip, I don't see why anyone is complaining

try actually going to other countries and experiencing their service before you speak on it, for the most part they get paid appropriately for the servicethey provide.

Its very simple, nothing is guaranteed when you're working for tips.
What right do you have to complain if you're left with nothing? are you going to call the cops?
People that work for commission, leave their job, waiters should do the same thing.

and for all dudes counting other mens pockets you might want to sign up for the next season of "Flavor of Love"

It's true. Many countries in Europe and South America don't use the tipping system like they do here (some will actually take it as an insult), butthey make up for it with higher relative wages for workers in certain service sectors, but that's the way things are done here in this country. It'ssort of like an unwritten contract that I believe people should abide by unless they think they're above those workers. I see some in this thread saystupid stuff like "well they should get a better education and a better job if they don't like it". That's not the argument or solutionbecause those people will always be in demand and there will always be those jobs to fill for that industry, so either way you're still going to treat themlike crap. The problem lies with those with a bad and condescending attitude, not the people who choose to fall into that line of work. I always treat thosepeople with respect, because I've seen how crappy others can be towards them. Plus I don't want any "presents" in my meals man.

yeah and asian people cant drive. relax, its a stereotype.
but these people must be dedicated riders if theyre supporting lebron in this situation.
I wasn't talking to you but whatever. I don't care if its a stereotype I was telling the truth just like he was telling the truth fromwhat he sees. Whoever I quoted if you feel I was comming at you my bad cause I wasn't. I also don't know about Asian people not being able to drivecause where I'm from its a little bit everybody that can't drive.

I see some in this thread say stupid stuff like "well they should get a better education and a better job if they don't like it". That's not the argument or solution because those people will always be in demand and there will always be those jobs to fill for that industry,
Eventually it'll be robots taking their jobs so they better get out why they can. I still feel if you don't like it this isn't asituation where you have to stand and take it though. I know people in college (just like everybody else in this thread probably) that work call centers,regular 9 to 5's, etc so to use that as an excuse for not being able to leave is not cutting it. I don't know everybodys situation so obviouslyI'm just talking in general.

LeBron Not a Cheap %!+ After All?

Posted May 9th 2008 2:30PM by TMZ Staff

Could LeBron James' whole $10 tip on an $800 meal incident be just a big misunderstanding?

The owner of the XO Prime Steaks, where the whole stingy scene went down, has issued the following statement:

For the record, XO would like to clear up a misunderstanding resulting from a story that appeared in the Cleveland Scene on May 7th...Upon completion of hismeal, Mr. James paid his bill with a credit card. Our waiter mistakenly read the receipt, inferring that Mr. James had left him only a $10 tip. To clear up themisunderstanding, Mr. James arranged for an appropriate tip to be delivered to the restaurant for the waiter.[/quote
http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/09/lebron-not-a-cheap-%!+-after-all/

So he pays a suitable tip AFTER word got around? That's just weird b/c when you pay with a CC you have to hand-write the amount of tip you want to leave,and then sign.

Cheap or not, this thread strayed away the Lebron situation anyways and became just a "general tipping guideline" for the cheapsters in this post.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
lebron had to backtrack and send payment, but now making it sound like its the waiters fault for 'misreading' the receipt and inferring that heonly got a $10 tip.

yep......he should have known lebron was going to deliver the tip later. clearly just a misunderstanding on the waiters part....

laugh.gif
wow.

laugh.gif
lebron had to backtrack and send payment, but now making it sound like its the waiters fault for 'misreading' the receipt and inferring that he only got a $10 tip.

yep......he should have known lebron was going to deliver the tip later. clearly just a misunderstanding on the waiters part....
Basically.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

LeBron Not a Cheap %!+ After All?

Posted May 9th 2008 2:30PM by TMZ Staff

Could LeBron James' whole $10 tip on an $800 meal incident be just a big misunderstanding?

The owner of the XO Prime Steaks, where the whole stingy scene went down, has issued the following statement:

For the record, XO would like to clear up a misunderstanding resulting from a story that appeared in the Cleveland Scene on May 7th...Upon completion of his meal, Mr. James paid his bill with a credit card. Our waiter mistakenly read the receipt, inferring that Mr. James had left him only a $10 tip. To clear up the misunderstanding, Mr. James arranged for an appropriate tip to be delivered to the restaurant for the waiter.[/quote
http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/09/lebron-not-a-cheap-%!+-after-all/

mistakingly read the receipt? Its plain and simple $10 or not, I hate when people try to cover up things like this. Lebron still takes the L for tryingto have the appropriate tip aranged AFTER all this broke out to the public.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Seriously...he tipped like 1.25%
smh.gif

i do 10-15%; when i'm with my family, my pops usually tips a bit more than that as long as the service was pretty good.

15% is the standard minimum tip.
smh.gif
@ you calling Lebron a cheap-o, serverswould
smh.gif
@ you just as much.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

smh.gif

i do 10-15%; when i'm with my family, my pops usually tips a bit more than that as long as the service was pretty good.

smh.gif
@ you calling Lebron a cheap-o, servers would
smh.gif
@ you just as much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
better than lebron. and i'm a college student, we're all cheap andlooking to save money wherever we can. nice try
nerd.gif

Foreigners do the same thing man. Europeans come to my restaurant quite often and they usually leave a 1% tip.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

smh.gif

smh.gif
@ you calling Lebron a cheap-o, servers would
smh.gif
@ you just as much.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
better than lebron. and i'm a college student, we're all cheap and looking to save money wherever we can. nice try
nerd.gif

I am a college student too and I have no help from my family and I survive off those tips.
What I hate the most is that the customers don't see all the little things I do to make sure there experience is perfect and then they still leavea #!#* tip. Living in Central Cali, we get all the Bako and Fresno Trash in our restaurant, someday I am going to just smack a fool and walk out.

laugh.gif
@ NT leaning on the Cavs organisation and making lebron man up. Ok soyeah you don`t have to tip but c`mon your LEBRON JAMES,and it`s in Cleveland it not like you dipped on a tip in Boise. Your the most famous person in thestate.

imagine if lebron went to leave his "second" tip and left $5... I'm not sure if he would leave the restaurant alive
roll.gif

laugh.gif
So did he seriously send a bigger tip recently? Better to just man upand say (or don't say anything at all) you left $10 for a tip.

Yeh thats some bull. He needs to step his gratuity game up! I don't expect for him and Mike to tip a stack but at least give 10-15%. I used to be a serverand I know how pissed I was when broke people came in, I could only imagine how I would feel if someone known to have $100 million not even give me a customarytip.

Back
Top Bottom