Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

I'm listening to the 1st take podcast right now. Michael Eric Dyson is so on point.
he killed it.

Never heard Stephen a get bested like that.
a lot of big unnecessary words. 
mean.gif

he killed it.

thats because he can only go so far, even he in a round about way says/said he must tailor what he says and tow the company line. Whereas Dyson can pretty much say it/tell it how it is and doesnt have commercials/sponsers to adhere to or maintain a certain image or have certain restricted boundaries.

I'm listening to the 1st take podcast right now. Michael Eric Dyson is so on point.
he killed it.

Steven A is my man but he keeps falling in that "But the black community..." trap. Then I guess he was tryna say black men shouldn't wear hoodies cuz of some fear white people have. Like WTH? He was on some other ****.

Last edited:
Steven A is my man but he keeps falling in that "But the black community..." trap. Then I guess he was tryna say black men shouldn't wear hoodies cuz of some fear white people have. Like WTH? He was on some other ****.
exactly that was my point i was saying earlier.... many/alot of black folks feel and have these sentiments.... they just avoid/dimiss/excuse it on some it makes me more distinguish, makes me a better person, it is ghetto aka low class aka not appeasing/accepted by whites, on some if i just follow their guidelines and jump thru hoops itll make me accepted.... I will get that proverbial atta boy, pat on the head good boy they so long for.

Sad thing is its all false and merely showing respect solely because in some form of fashion they are beneficial and earn them generate capital etc from them...

Like someone eluded to earlier... cuban says he be scared to see a black guy in a hoodie... yet wasnt scared to go the hood to see some potential hoopsters... So you scared to walk down your block if you see a black dude coming at you with a hoodie... yet arent scared to go deep in some remote parts of africa to see first hand a center listed on the scouting report? Difference is one doesnt provide anything for him... and the other has/will the ability to earn him money.

exactly that was my point i was saying earlier.... many/alot of black folks feel and have these sentiments.... they just avoid/dimiss/excuse it on some it makes me more distinguish, makes me a better person, it is ghetto aka low class aka not appeasing/accepted by whites, on some if i just follow their guidelines and jump thru hoops itll make me accepted.... I will get that proverbial atta boy, pat on the head good boy they so long for.

Sad thing is its all false and merely showing respect solely because in some form of fashion they are beneficial and earn them generate capital etc from them...

Like someone eluded to earlier... cuban says he be scared to see a black guy in a hoodie... yet wasnt scared to go the hood to see some potential hoopsters... So you scared to walk down your block if you see a black dude coming at you with a hoodie... yet arent scared to go deep in some remote parts of africa to see first hand a center listed on the scouting report? Difference is one doesnt provide anything for him... and the other has/will the ability to earn him money.
that's a little extreme toward the end...

But I feel you.

that's a little extreme toward the end...

But I feel you.
he actually did take a trip i forget which player it was.... but it was some african player from like the remote parts of congo or something... Clearly remote parts of africa is far more dangerous and scary then aka walking down the street...(think about it what street would he be walking down, dude is a billionaire. So what right around the stadium, his private security, gated community?) I could see if he was a regular joe who didnt have ppl drive him around, or had private jets wisk him to places... Chances are if he is walking somewhere and see a black dude in a hoody its someone like a jayz ah something. Aint like some common hoodlum/street thug is within the vincinity of anywhere he would be "walking" So that in itself says alot.

Yeah. The bottom line is if somebody wants to look at you a certain way they're gonna do it. You should carry yourself with respect and dress professional at your job or certain settings regardless but that's not gonna stop a racist from being racist. I mean MLK did everything to come off as non-threatening as possible and they put a bullet in his head.

mark cuban is too real for the black community....

admitting your prejudice =/= acting on your pre

Yeah. The bottom line is if somebody wants to look at you a certain way they're gonna do it. You should carry yourself with respect and dress professional at your job or certain settings regardless but that's not gonna stop a racist from being racist. I mean MLK did everything to come off as non-threatening as possible and they put a bullet in his head.

stephen is just saying to not play into existing stereotypes...most people are idealistic in thinking that they will somehow complain long enough for these stereotypes to not exist at all..

problem is... stereotypes don't die easy and a white dude with tattoos all over his body and a punk style of attire will have just the same amount of difficulty getting a job as Malik who wears a hoody and the Newest Jays

Last edited:
some dude in espn said that Mark Cuban was afraid of the Miami Heat because they also wore hoodies. he have the same scenario ... CUBAN waking down the street saw the entire Heat team walking with hoodies hewould cross the street because he be afraid... I dnot know about you guys but if I see 10+ guys 6'2 and over with hoodies .. I think I would feel some type of way. that **** ain't common. the correlation was stupid to say the least ...

So running across the street at the sight of a black man in a hoody is being real? Real ignorant I guess. MAYBE if Mark said if he saw some big Suge Knight looking dude walking towards him. :lol: He simply said a black man in a hoody scares him.

So running across the street at the sight of a black man in a hoody is being real? Real ignorant I guess. MAYBE if Mark said if he saw some big Suge Knight looking dude walking towards him. :lol: He simply said a black man in a hoody scares him.

if you admit you would cross the street if you saw a black person with a hoody....

and you attribute that to your own prejudice instead of the black person being an actual threat...

then you are being real

Stephen A Smith seems to fade in and out of being on the **** train and being off it. He was ****ing real hard today though.

What Dyson said was absolutely correct, how long are we going to say "well don't give them a reason to be prejudice against you" every time they say some bigoted mess. Then instead of talking about the horrible statement we have hour long debates about the black community.

What Dyson said was absolutely correct, how long are we going to say "well don't give them a reason to be prejudice against you" every time they say some bigoted mess. Then instead of talking about the horrible statement we have hour long debates about the black community.
but don't, just don't give them a reason.

but don't, just don't give them a reason.
-throws out all my hoodies
but it wasn't about hoodies, you're overreacting to the hoodies statement. You know exactly what he meant, and that he had a point.

Stephen A came off like a real tap dancing **** the past two days :smh: ....

Cubans point wasn't bad but his example for crossing the street cause a black guy being warm in a hoodie is a joke....it takes a white guy to imitate gang culture to cause that but a brotha only gotta be in a hoodie LOL

Stephen A came off like a real tap dancing **** the past two days :smh: ....

Cubans point wasn't bad but his example for crossing the street cause a black guy being warm in a hoodie is a joke....it takes a white guy to imitate gang culture to cause that but a brotha only gotta be in a hoodie LOL

tattoos and bald haircuts did exist before gangs....

I can see how a billionaire white man would be scare walking alone nevertheless at night and a male with a hoodie approching him ... Dudes be acting like this man is from the hood and he's accostum to dudes walking with hoodies or tattoos over their face ... That's like if you are in a bank and someone walks in with a mask ... You never think about it is cold outside ... U think about you r about to get rob.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom