Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man ya'll need to chill and stop with the strong HATE on Nash.

Dude was and still is a class act.It's not his fault he got injured in the 2nd game of the season in his 2nd season with the Lakers.

Karl Malone I NEVER did like him and hated his time with the Lakers.
He got injured the second game of his FIRST season with LA. I swear, If Damian Lillard never collided with Nash, the entire Lakers 2013 season would've gone differently.

2013 team wouldn't gone anywhere.

Little to no depth and lack of athleticism would have been too much to overcome, even setting aside the personality differences and injuries.

Nash a good dude, but efff him and his stupid *** trade. :smh:

0z1ydJ9.png

Little to no depth and lack of athleticism would have been too much to overcome, even setting aside the personality differences and injuries.
28-12 over the second half of the season with the chemistry just starting to click, a semi healthy Gasol and Howard, a barely healthy Nash, and a MWP who came back 12 days after a torn meniscus surgery says otherwise.

If they played like a 3/4 seed throughout the second half of the season when they were nowhere near 100%, but they finally learned to play with each other, what would they have accomplished fully healthy?

These Lakers were on fire near the end of the season. If I recall correctly, there were people who thought the Spurs, the 1 seed at the time, were purposely losing games down the stretch to avoid matching up with the Lakers, who were thought to wind up with the 8 seed at most. They preferred a matchup against the 7 seed Rockets. However the Lakers ended up getting the 7 seed and the Spurs would face them anyways lol. If I also recall correctly, wasnt Tony Parker playing injured and Ginobili just coming back from injury and playing on a minutes restriction? Had Kobe not gotten injured, it had all the ingredients for a surprise upset.

Last edited:
That surge was more Kobe going nuclear than anything, would have maybe been a 2nd rd exit, maybe.

That surge was more Kobe going nuclear than anything, would have maybe been a 2nd rd exit, maybe.
Goes to show Kobe's greatness. Everyone was playing good, too. Howard was finally playing like Howard, Gasol accepted his lesser role, and Meeks, Blake, and Clark were hitting their shots.

Had the Lakers been healthy all season long, it's hard to predict an entire season, but who knows what heights they would have reached? Better than a first round sweep, that's for sure.
Had Kobe not gotten injured, and they got to the playoffs with the team they had as the 7 seed, they had as good as a chance as anybody to knock out the Spurs, which would have lead to a second round matchup with the Warriors. I'll give you credit though, if they had gotten past Golden State, I doubt they had a chance at all against OKC in the WCF. Maybe a Conference Finals appearance would've convinced Dwight to stay, but who knows?

28-12 over the second half of the season with the chemistry just starting to click, a semi healthy Gasol and Howard, a barely healthy Nash, and a MWP who came back 12 days after a torn meniscus surgery says otherwise.

If they played like a 3/4 seed throughout the second half of the season when they were nowhere near 100%, but they finally learned to play with each other, what would they have accomplished fully healthy?

These Lakers were on fire near the end of the season. If I recall correctly, there were people who thought the Spurs, the 1 seed at the time, were purposely losing games down the stretch to avoid matching up with the Lakers, who were thought to wind up with the 8 seed at most. They preferred a matchup against the 7 seed Rockets. However the Lakers ended up getting the 7 seed and the Spurs would face them anyways lol. If I also recall correctly, wasnt Tony Parker playing injured and Ginobili just coming back from injury and playing on a minutes restriction? Had Kobe not gotten injured, it had all the ingredients for a surprise upset.
Trust, you don't have to reference the 28-12 finish. I was hammering that point back then. :lol:

But I just think the team was really short handed. Mitch and co. should have traded Pau for depth that summer. Like two serviceable players for Pau would have done wonders for the team. **** Antawn Jamison.

Last edited:
Anyone down to do a fantasy league strictly for this thread?

Me and bravelude tried to set one up but everyone lagged on it. Lemme know :tongue:

id take ron on the squad. always been one of my favorite lakers. he can be serviceable for 1 yr. lakers coming for the 6th seed :nthat:

was reading a br article. they had duncan, garnett, lebron, kobe and nash on the all time 00 team. i would pick shaq, duncan, lebron, kobe and nash for the all time 00 team (2000 to 2009).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom