Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone down to do a fantasy league strictly for this thread?

Me and bravelude tried to set one up but everyone lagged on it. Lemme know :tongue:

I'm in if there's room.

Are you going to go MIA right before the draft?

I wasn't MIA, I just ended up taking the whole clock and that was only for like 3 or 4 rounds

The better question is will I take the whole 2 minutes every time I pick, which I won't. If there's room of course.

Last edited:
So far this is who the Lakers are inviting to camp with 2 possibles.

I put it in the order that I think the FO sees the Depth Chart.

Point Guards:
D'Angelo Russell 19 years old 6'5" 195
Marcelo Huertas 32 years old 6'3" 185
Sebastian Telfair 30 years old 6'0" 170 POSSIBLE: Linked to the team in the last couple of days

Shooting Guards:
Jordan Clarkson 23 years old 6'5" 185
Lou Williams 28 years old 6'1" 178
Jabari Brown 22 years old 6'4" 215
Michael Fraizer 21 years old 6'4" 194

Small Forwards:
Kobe Bryant 37 years old 6'6" 212
Nick Young 30 years old 6'7" 210
Anthony Brown 22 years old 6'7" 210
Metta World Peace 35 years 6'7" 260 POSSIBLE
Johnathan Holmes 22 years 6'9" 242

Power Forwards:
Julius Randle 20 years old 6'9" 250
Brandon Bass 30 years old 6'8" 250
Ryan Kelly 24 years old 6'11" 230
Larry Nance Jr. 22 years old 6'9" 230

Centers:
Roy Hibbert 28 years old 7'2" 270
Tarik Black 23 years old 6'9" 250
Robert Sacre 26 years old 7'0" 270
Robert Upshaw 21 years old 7'0" 258

If Telfair or MWP don't get an invite, then they will bring 2 random rookies.

Need to cut 1 guy from each position to get to a final 15..

My picks:
Rusell - Huertas
Clarkson - LouWill - J. Brown
Kobe - Swaggy - A. Brown - Holmes
Randle - Bass - Nance
Hibbert - Black - Upshaw

Anthony Brown, Larry Nance Jr., Johnathan Holmes & Robert Upshaw all go up and down from D-League depending who is needed.

If say they really wanted MWP for whatever insane reason, I'd cut Jabari Brown next.. Way too many guys who can play minutes at the 1 & 2 for him to even get any shine even if he did make the roster. I'm also more intrigued by what say Anthony Brown, or Johnathan Holmes or Larry Nance Jr. may end up as.

Last edited:
So far this is who the Lakers are inviting to camp with 2 possibles.

I put it in the order that I think the FO sees the Depth Chart.

Point Guards:
Sebastian Telfair 30 years old 6'0" 170 POSSIBLE: Linked to the team in the last couple of days

Shooting Guards:
Jabari Brown 22 years old 6'4" 215
Michael Fraizer 21 years old 6'4" 194

Small Forwards:
Metta World Peace 35 years 6'7" 260 POSSIBLE
Johnathan Holmes 22 years 6'9" 242

Power Forwards:

Centers:

If Telfair or MWP don't get an invite, then they will bring 2 random rookies.

Need to cut 1 guy from each position to get to a final 15..

My picks:
Rusell - Huertas
Clarkson - LouWill - J. Brown
Randle - Bass - Nance
Hibbert - Black - Upshaw

Anthony Brown, Larry Nance Jr., Johnathan Holmes & Robert Upshaw all go up and down from D-League depending who is needed.

If say they really wanted MWP for whatever insane reason, I'd cut Jabari Brown next.. Way too many guys who can play minutes at the 1 & 2 for him to even get any shine even if he did make the roster. I'm also more intrigued by what say Anthony Brown, or Johnathan Holmes or Larry Nance Jr. may end up as.
My picks:
Rusell - Huertas
Clarkson - LouWill - Fraizer 
Randle - Bass - Nance
Hibbert - Black - Upshaw

J Brown is a chucking machine. 

My picks:

Rusell - Huertas

Clarkson - LouWill - Fraizer 

Randle - Bass - Nance

Hibbert - Black - Upshaw

J Brown is a chucking machine. 

Not sure it would even matter between Fraizer or Jabari... But if I had to pick one, I'd go Jabari just because he's still young, and played well enough to be an end of the bench guy last year. If Fraizer outplays him or looks better, then Fraizer it is.

With Russell, Huertas, Clarkson, LouWill, Swaggy and even the occasional Kobe at the 2.. Not sure we'd ever see either guy hit to court.

Definites are

Russell
Clarkson
Lou Will
Kobe
Swaggy
Randle
Bass
Hibbert
Black

Leaves 6 spots open, rest I guess is left up to chance.

I want to say Nance is a definite because they used the 1st Round on him, as is Kelly because his contract is fully guaranteed, as is Sacre's. But I feel they have to do some cleaning, and eat some salary with somebody, maybe they'll look to make a trade of Kelly or Sacre for nothing in return.

Last edited:
Upshaw Slims Down for Training Camp
by Joey Ramirez
Digital Reporter
Posted: Sep 17, 2015

Returning from an underwhelming display at the Las Vegas Summer League, Robert Upshaw felt that there was more in him than the 1.4 points and 2.2 rebounds he averaged.

The 21-year-old rookie had not yet signed a contract with the Lakers, essentially putting his NBA future in the dark. Taking control of his side of the situation, Upshaw went to work returning to the physicality that contributed 10.9 points, 8.2 rebounds and 4.5 blocks at Washington last year.

“In Summer League I didn’t feel like myself, and I just didn’t feel as fluid as I usually feel,” Upshaw said. “When I got back to San Diego where I was training, I put an emphasis on being faster, quicker and slimmer.”

Upshaw dropped 20 pounds between Summer League and his signing with the Lakers, reshaping his body beginning with 7 a.m. cardio.

“I would run for an hour and then I would have a basketball workout and then a strength-and-conditioning workout,” he said. “And then I would get shots up at night. I stayed consistent with that for a month and a half, every day, six days a week.”

In addition to not physically feeling like the imposing shot blocker he had been in college, Upshaw also felt motivated by the questioning of his character. After being dismissed from the Fresno State program in 2013, he was asked to leave again by UW last year. Both were due to disciplinary reasons.

He now feels the need to prove that he’s moved beyond his collegiate issues.

“The real reason I (lost weight) was because I felt like I had something to prove,” Upshaw said. “There’s been a lot of talk about the person I used to be and the person that I am. I just want to show everybody that I know who I am and who I can be as a person in this community and with this basketball team.

“I know what person I am. I just know I made a lot of bad decisions twice. When people see that, I feel they say this guy that can’t be anything and won’t be anything. I know that I have a second calling, and it’s going to be a blessing to really do this.”

Upshaw jokes that his new physique is “to look good for the ladies,” but he also recognizes the seriousness of his situation. Fighting for a regular-season roster spot as an undrafted free agent is a tall task even for a seven-footer.

“Nothing’s guaranteed for me,” Upshaw said. “What I really want to do is go out there and show (General Manager) Mitch (Kupchak), the front office, Coach (Byron) Scott and — most of all — my teammates that I can really play at this level and do something to help this franchise.”

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/150917_robertupshaw

It's going to be interesting to see who we cut to get to 15

Assuming Holmes and Frazier don't make the team and we don't sign Telfair or MWP, we still have to cut Kelly or Sacre or Jabari because Upshaw and Huertas are locks

In other words, between Kelly, Jabari, Sacre, Holmes, Frazier, THREE of them won't make this team

My vote is to cut Kelly, Sacre and Frazier

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see who we cut to get to 15

Assuming Holmes and Frazier don't make the team and we don't sign Telfair or MWP, we still have to cut Kelly or Sacre or Jabari because Upshaw and Huertas are locks

In other words, between Kelly, Jabari, Sacre, Holmes, Frazier, THREE of them won't make this team

My vote is to cut Kelly
Agreed. 

Lakers do a pretty good job showing us who's been in  the gym, I haven't seen anything about Kelly.

Hibbert and Upshaw slimmer, Sacre playing with the canadians, Clarkson, Randle, Russell been working all summer.

They better cut Kelly 
laugh.gif

I never understood the appeal of Kelly.
He lucked with Mike D as the coach for his rookie season to inflate his play.

But I am sooper excited about this season tho. Not from a winning standpoint because we are still gonna be pretty bad lol
Theres just so much young competition that can pay off in the long run. In 3-5 years we have a chance to have a couple studs if everything falls right.

I remember when we were old and never had a point guard. Now we are young and have multiple Point guards now.
The next couple of years of development should be fun.

And we have a young West and a young Buss that are being groomed to take over. After this year when Kobe retires this Lakers chapter will really be closed.

Point Guards:

Shooting Guards:

Small Forwards:

Power Forwards:

Centers:

how i see it

if they go 14 deep, kelly or sacre are gone

Last edited:
[quote name="MJ 23"]Right now I have 7 if you include SKA, should we cap at 14 or 12?[/quote]Nah, I'm out. Sorry, gentlemen... and rck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom