Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="getrichquik1987"]So you think Clarkson has the potential ability of a 2x scoring champ. oh ok[/quote]Prove that it's impossible, that there's absolutely no way.

I suppose when Tmac was first drafted, you saw 2x scoring champ from him?

Last edited:
I can't believe after all that effort and typing all I get in response from a "basketball fan" is one sarcastic sentence.

What is the damn point of trying to discuss your basketball opinions on this forum if that's really all you get as a response?

Makes me appreciate CP and ska more, because whether they agree with you or disagree with you at least they'll put some effort into giving you a thorough response to your opinion.

:lol:

some dudes are so hellbent on being right and calling out people, they just can't let people rock.

i don't agree with you LTB, but understand where you're coming from.

I can't believe after all that effort and typing all I get in response from a "basketball fan" is one sarcastic sentence.

What is the damn point of trying to discuss your basketball opinions on this forum if that's really all you get as a response?

Makes me appreciate CP and ska more, because whether they agree with you or disagree with you at least they'll put some effort into giving you a thorough response to your opinion.
I didn't feel terrible before and I still don't think I agree with you, but now I feel like a ****head after all of that
laugh.gif

[quote name="denni5themenace"]:lol:

some dudes are so hellbent on being right and calling out people, they just can't let people rock.

i don't agree with you LTB, but understand where you're coming from.[/quote]"I don't agree, but I think I understand," is damn near becoming a lost art these days. :lol:

I mean, with every topic.

:smokin

I was just thinking about athletic scorers, who were somewhat efficient.

I thought of a shorter Rudy Gay initially, but he's way too inefficient to be someone's "ceiling". I felt like it was way too low of a standard to have for someone's POTENTIAL, not current abilities.

I just thought back about someone who was known for scoring back in the day that wasn't quite as great as Kobe/MJ, but not as inefficient as Rudy Gay.

TMac just popped in my head. He wasn't the best shooter % wise but he had the ability to score from inside and from out.
I think Clarkson can have those same abilities.

It's clear he's more explosive athletically, he just has to keep working on his overall game especially his play making.

TMac was an underrated passer, he just had to carry such a big load in Orlando he couldn't really showcase his passing as much. But trust me, in no shape or form do I think Clarkson compares to him as an overall player, AT ALL.

I was just thinking scoring potential. Why else would I use Monta as another example? He's just a shoot first guard who can be extremely streaky, some days good some days awful.

If I wanted to compare
Clarkson to players and overall skill I would use more versatile players as examples.

It was purely about what kind of scoring abilities I think he could have in this league... MAYBE.

He's long ways away from any type of praise for being great. This is his first real season with any real talent around him, so we'll see if he's a fluke or a legit NBA player.

But evaluating his game, I just thought he had the potential to score mid range, post game, transition, and off-the ball
the same way TMac did in his prime.

NOT TO HIS LEVEL OF SUCCESS STATISTICALLY. But just with his abilities to score put in different spots in many different ways, and his abilities to explosively finish around the rim even though he's inches shorter than Mac.

I know how good Mac was. I watched him battle Kobe. I watched him keep up, and even torch Kobe. I know how good he was, and I never meant Clarkson is already there or would be anywhere close to there soon, or ever

I just meant his ability to be a scoring machine some day could be as good as TMac's, in the sense that he could score in so many ways. But he might never be a big enough option for the team to ever do it as often as Mac did.

Mac was putting up 30 shots a night, and HAD to.

Clarkson,
Assuming everyone stays healthy, is playing with Russ and Randle who will be taking plenty of shots. So I don't think he'd ever be putting up Enough shots with consistency to be anywhere close to Mac overall statistically.
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
 at lakers fans 

[quote name="had pants"][quote name="PMatic"]
@SiriusXMNBA @Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said that the young players and rookies will have to show @kobebryant in training camp that they belong.
[/quote]

[/quote]Have to show Kobe? :lol: He some kind of talent evaluator now?

And if they don't pan out, we can blame him for that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom