Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was pulling in to the office a few minutes after 7:00am ( late, like i usually am) and heard them and was like wtf...

i heard last week that cowherd moved out to LA...swapping time slots? just on vacation? ...who am i gonna be listening to around lunch? haha

i was pulling in to the office a few minutes after 7:00am ( late, like i usually am) and heard them and was like wtf...

i heard last week that cowherd moved out to LA...swapping time slots? just on vacation? ...who am i gonna be listening to around lunch? haha
Moved to Fox. 

Heard they may offer the new morning slot to Bomani Jones or Lebatard.

Mason and Ireland will still be on at Lunch starting next week. This is just for this week. 

Lol.

People say they want the truth but when it's said they get offended. It's just how it is. Fake outrage on the Internet is the new trend.

Last edited:
Lol.

People say they want the truth but when it's said they get offended. It's just how it is. Fake outrage on the Internet is the new trend.
It's the truth that Dominican's aren't smart?

It's the truth that John wall is a thug cause he did the dougie his rookie season?

It's the truth that if you wear your hat backwards you aren't a serious guy?

Not to mention the comments he made about Sean Taylor?

You better then this Ltb.  

I'm not defending every word that's come out of any mans mouth :lol:

None of us are saints.
To act like we only have perfect thoughts or perfect wording every covorsation we have is a lie.

if I elaborate any further than someone will interpret that as being okay with "racist thoughts" or something else that is completely untrue. But I'll try anyways.

I just think we like to act more offended than we really are when someone drops factual statements (backed up with statistics) that we think sounds wrong. Sometimes things are poorly worded and that cannot be defended, as a public speaker your job is to communicate in a proper and respectful way so for that anyone who doesn't deserves criticism including Cowherd.

However, it doesn't always take away from the underlying facts being presented.

I'll stop there before someone thinks I'm defending racial attacks, because chances are someone already does right now.

Furthest from the truth.
I'm just defending people giving insight in this world without being PC 24/7. We always want people to be real but when Steve Nash says yeah I wanna come back for the money 95% of you dudes were wishing for bad things to happen to the man out of anger.

Say you weren't.

Last edited:
I'm not defending every word that's come out of any mans mouth
laugh.gif

None of us are saints.
To act like we only have perfect thoughts or perfect wording every covorsation we have is a lie.

if I elaborate any further than someone will interpret that as being okay with "racist thoughts" or something else that is completely untrue. But I'll try anyways.

I just think we like to act more offended than we really are when someone drops factual statements (backed up with statistics) that we think sounds wrong. Sometimes things are poorly worded and that cannot be defended, as a public speaker your job is to communicate in a proper and respectful way so for that anyone who doesn't deserves criticism including Cowherd.

I'll stop there before someone thinks I'm defending racial attacks, because chances are someone already does right now.

Furthest from the truth.
I'm just defending people giving insight in this world without being PC 24/7. We always want people to be real but when Steve Nash says yeah I wanna come back for the money 95% of you dudes were wishing for bad things to happen to the man out of anger.

Say you weren't.
this is true. just think about how people are or what people think when no one is around. everyone is a scumbag  in someway or another. no one has totally pure/perfect thoughts. i dont like cowherd at all . doesnt have to do with the things mentioned, think a lot of his views are ridiculous but im just one man. many people think my views are ridiculous. 

I didn't say you don't look stupid, but because you do it doesn't mean you aren't serious. 
true. 

Last edited:
Dude is a racist.

What insight and facts did he provide when he slandered Sean Taylor?

Dude is human garbage and just constantly reaching for a headline I hope his career is over.

A man with his platform shouldn't be allowed to causally attack people of color whenever he feels like it.

I'm not defending every word that's come out of any mans mouth
laugh.gif

None of us are saints.

Furthest from the truth.

Say you weren't.
I see what you're saying, and while we all have our faults and don't need to or are PC all the time, someone of that stature should be. 

I attend alot of Civil rights type of events because I believe in it, but even I say stuff when I get angry or have some thoughts that I immediately have to tell myself that's not right.

And no, there are ZERO underlying facts about dancing=thugs, Dominican's not being intelligent. 
Dude is a racist.

What insight and facts did he provide when he slandered Sean Taylor?

Dude is human garbage and just constantly reaching for a headline I hope his career is over.

A man with his platform shouldn't be allowed to causally attack people of color whenever he feels like it.
Also this.

Last edited:
You keep bringing up Sean Taylor (which is sad an unfortunate... RIP)... But if you aren't a daily listener then you won't be able to bring up the 10000 other times he actually gives good insight to everyday situations both in sports and in life.

Some of the stuff he says is incredibly stupid. Including the Sean Taylor stuff. I ain't defending any of that.

I'm just letting you know, as an "entertainer" and radio host, 9 days out of 10 he's giving interesting perspectives on interesting topics

I'm not defending the 1 day out of 10 he says something absurd and indefensible

I'm just saying he isn't our friend or our guidance counselor. He's a radio host. I'm not tuning in because I think he's an amazing human being, I'm tuning in because for 1 hour a day I wanna be entertained and I want to hear interesting perspectives on topics I find interesting.

And he does that most days. For me at least... And the millions of others who tune in everyday and make him one of the highest rated hosts on radio.

He's obviously providing enough insight to get millions of people to listen right? And that's people of all color from all parts of this country. People who want to be entertained, not people who want to hear an amazing human being talk.

You go to family or friends for that, not ESPN radio. You go to church for that. You go to YouTube and search motivational videos for that. You talk to your mom for that.

He's obnoxious and annoying many days, but I can put that aside and at least hear the content he's presenting and learn a thing or two everyday.

I don't agree with everything, and again some days he says crap that's completely out of line. But for the most part, the facts he presents aren't as offensive as people think they are. We just as a society are so obsessed over wanting to hear "the right thing" instead of the truth.

im not going into detail on the Dominican topic because I already know it'll be misinterpreted here. Last thing I want to do is give opinions on heated cultural opinions or facts in a Laker thread. It's a lose lose for me there.

But I'll comment on all of his other controversial comments that are brought up.

Last edited:
He's obnoxious and annoying many days, but I can put that aside and at least hear the content he's presenting and learn a thing or two everyday.

I don't agree with everything, and again some days he says crap that's completely out of line. But for the most part, the facts he presents aren't as offensive as people think they are. We just as a society are so obsessed over wanting to hear "the right thing" instead of the truth.

im not going into detail on the Dominican topic because I already know it'll be misinterpreted here. Last thing I want to do is give opinions on heated cultural opinions or facts in a Laker thread. It's a lose lose for me there.

But I'll comment on all of his other controversial comments that are brought up.
Maybe the people you hang out with, but the people I associate myself with want the truth. white america will have you believe Sandra bland killed herself in a jail cell, white america will tell you that Trayvon Martin deserved what he got, white america will have you believe a muslim man shooting up the marines was a terrorist, but the white man shooting up colorado and Louisiana movie theater have mental problems.

Not me, not my 3 people close circle of true friends. The society I see wants the truth. they're fed BS like Cowherd says and other media morons are giving them, and aren't taking it. 

But go on, defend him. 

Last edited:
Kal do you follow me on Twitter or do you not?

You know I have the same thoughts you just posted about all those tragic topics, so why are you presenting them to me as if I think otherwise?

Me defending his entertainment value and insight in sports and life MOST DAYS BUT NOT ALL as an ESPN radio host has nothing to do with how we both feel about those societal tragedies.

I'm with you 100% on the anger and frustration towards those events, that is passionate of you to say and that is all 100% truth.

I'm not against those facts or opinions bro, I'm with you.

If 1 day out of 10 you're a hateful bastard with a national platform that's one day too many for me.
nobody is forcing you to listen. i dont listen to him at all. he has him demographic of people want to hear him. it is what it is. im glad hes off espn but like i said im one person. i understand you tho. 

Last edited:
This is my first time listening to Ireland's show and I kind of like it.  I kind of hope they take over for Cowherd.

who said I listen?

I'm just hoping that there's nothing to listen to ever again I hope he's done.

Same here I listened to him a couple of times when I was working the morning shift at my job. Now I'm working the later shift and get to listen to mason & Ireland and max/marcellus shows. Much better shows in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom