[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
You guys literally have no idea who will pan out the greatest among these college dudes.

All your analytics and advanced stats do NOTHING to the unknown future.

It's all on who works, and there's no statistic (that WE have access to) that measures that.

If you're not seeing these dudes UP CLOSE, able to monitor how much film study they do, how much partying they do, how married to the game they are, you know NOTHING of their future.

Every year, I hear "This dude could be LeBron, and this dude... I'm not saying MJ/Kobe, but, I mean, I can see it."

And it's amusing.

It's amusing because, again, people are so vehement that THEIR pick is THE ONE PICK that we HAAAAVE to make.

No, it's not.

The best dude from this draft could be a second-rounder. All it would take would be these top dudes getting injured or not working that hard, expecting their talent to get them by, while some second-rounder is grinding in film sessions and alone in gyms.

You would THINK that a bunch of Kobe fans would know this, considering that he has out-careered his entire class through hard work. And there are tons of examples, in ALL of sports, of exactly that.

Sure, dudes like Sidney Crosby and Lebron James and Magic and Griffey come in and the expectations are high, and they live up, immediately.

Anyone remember how highly sought after Tony Parker was? Yeah, the guy with multiple championships. Arguably the best PG in the league.

How they will work TOMORROW trumps how they are playing TODAY.

Period.

But continue on like YOUR guy is THAT DUDE. :lol:

(HOWEVER, those who are saying "But his back is already an issue!", I'm totally with you. That's nooooo bueno. I want none of that.)

Thing is, we're not setting anything in stone or saying it's done.

The point is, Kobe combined his hard work with world class athleticism, otherwise all his hard work would only make him Steve Nash. Who is a great player, but limited and can not do what Kobe Bryant can do.

Carmelo can be a very, very good defender, but he can never be LEBRON type defender. Not because he don't care, but because he doesn't have LeBron's skill set.

Jabari could absolutely be a decent defender someday, no question, but he will NEVER, EVER, be Paul George, LeBron, Anthony Davis in terms of defensive prowess. He doesn't have that athletic ability that they have. And that can be seen ahead of time.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't take him at 3-4 if we're there, but if you want someone who runs both sides of the court, he won't be able to accommodate you. But he could be a great offensive talent + decent enough defender, and that could be a real nice career. Think, Ray Allen.

Now he wants to rub it in our faces that he's taking the money even though he's physically done.

Good for you dude. Enjoy you're money. I'd do the same thing if I was you.
But I wouldn't say it when fans are already this frustrated with the franchise.
Agreed with you.

But, on all the other topics other than his money, he sounds eerily like this NT thread. He even mentions the Suns cutting costs :lol:

Why would that sting?

A 70 year old, non hard working, first time front office suit taking a new job doesn't bother us outside of name recognition. Otherwise, we wish him the best.

What do you guys think of k love choosing the Knicks over us in 2015? If it were to go down like that.

I mean they can sign two guys, and we can only sign one.

Cuz of a broken down Kobe ****

And well they have Phil to lure free agents in

We have Jim buss.

Last edited:
If Love chooses NY, we go after either LMA or Marc Gasol as a secondary option.

No worries tho, that Kobe contract is a good thing for the Lakers business, and has no impact on the team as a whole going forward.

love will the team he thinks will have the most success (both are big cities, both are going to pay him the max)

we just have to build a good team by the time he is a free agent, which is hard to do with our meaningless wins and kobe's contract

(HOWEVER, those who are saying "But his back is already an issue!", I'm totally with you. That's nooooo bueno. I want none of that.)

i knew ska would be the voice of reason. tell em ska, tell em.

If Love chooses NY, we go after either LMA or Marc Gasol as a secondary option.

No worries tho, that Kobe contract is a good thing for the Lakers business, and has no impact on the team as a whole going forward.

i knew you would come around :smile:

Just for kicks: If you were Phil Kupchak and Buss and the opportunity came up , would you take Asik, Lin and a draft pick (or three) with the open cap space this summer, even if it meant the Rockets would acquire Melo?

Edit:

I just realized how big of a "**** YOU!" this would be to Phil from Kupchak and Buss if it came about. :lol:

Last edited:
How many years left on Lin-Asik???? Just 1?

Melo+Harden+Dwight would be a disaster, I would take that if its just the 1 year. Then have chance to extend Asik, sign Love and go from there.

Yes, both are expiring contracts next year.

Each of their salaries are about $8 million on the cap, but they'll really be paid $15 million (loophole in the CBA that Morey exploited).

So them + Nash all expire together.

Only Kobe's ******** 25 on the books for 2015 + upcoming rookie.

Need at least 2 picks, even tho late 1's.

We won't get top 5 pick, but least we wouldn't hand Phoenix a 6 thru 10 either.

And if we like Asik, he could help be the Love rim backup we'd need.

Asik
Love
Wiggins
Kobe
Farmar/future upgrade

Not terrible. Not ideal, but not terrible.

Houston would combust for sure tho. :lol:

I think Farmar would be let go in this situation (Lin, Marshall and Nash handle PG duties).

I watch the games...the games start well....then...:smh:

how long will this go on...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom