[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Tanking for Wiggins has us taking Exum at 4.
exum at 4 with a decent chance of getting top 3 is a good place to be

and we have a shot at 3rd 
pimp.gif

Lottery History for 3rd,4th & 5th worst records

3rd worst record:
1st- 2009, 2013
3rd- 2006, 2008
4th- 2012
5th- 2004, 2005, 2010, 2011
6th- 2007

4th worst record:
1st - 2012
2nd- 2004
3rd - 2007, 2009
5th - 2006, 2008, 2013
6th - 2005. 2010, 2011

5th worst record:
1st- 2006, 2007, 2010
3rd- 2005,
5th- 2012
6th- 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013
7th- 2011

Lottery History for 3rd,4th & 5th worst records

3rd worst record:
1st- 2009, 2013
3rd- 2006, 2008
4th- 2012
5th- 2004, 2005, 2010, 2011
6th- 2007

4th worst record:
1st - 2012
2nd- 2004
3rd - 2007, 2009
5th - 2006, 2008, 2013
6th - 2005. 2010, 2011

5th worst record:
1st- 2006, 2007, 2010
3rd- 2005,
5th- 2012
6th- 2004, 2008, 2009, 2013
7th- 2011
there are a lot of things where you can look at history to better predict whats going to happen but this isnt one of them

seeing that its a set % that we will get a top 3 pick, we currently have a 11.9% chance at the first pick and that chance will increase each time we are not picked

If we are top three are we still drafting Exum?
i dont think any of the "big 3" will get drafted out of the top 3

and since theres march madness coming up, unless kansas or duke gets knocked out early it will only increase the hype of each player

exum is kind of an unknown to most fans since no one has seen him play

Good thing we came back and beat the Celtics, Raptors and Jazz, otherwise we'd have a great great chance at the 2 spot.

But hey, better than sucking just as bad and falling to the 9 spot, so if we can lock in at worst a top 4-5 pick, this will all be a success. You know that.

there are a lot of things where you can look at history to better predict whats going to happen but this isnt one of them

seeing that its a set % that we will get a top 3 pick, we currently have a 11.9% chance at the first pick and that chance will increase each time we are not picked

It wasn't saying where we'd end up. Just what's happened in the past.

Good thing we came back and beat the Celtics, Raptors and Jazz, otherwise we'd have a great great chance at the 2 spot.

But hey, better than sucking just as bad and falling to the 9 spot, so if we can lock in at worst a top 4-5 pick, this will all be a success. You know that.

Seriously just stop.

It's beyond annoying and absolutely infuriating.

Magic have wins against Clippers, Bulls & Thunder. If only they didn't win those games

Sixers have wins against the Heat & Rockets

Celtics have wins against Heat, Raptors & Wizards

Jazz have wins against Bulls, Suns (2x), Rockets, Thunder, Wizards, Heat

Kings have wins against Suns (2x), Nets, Rockets (2x), Heat, Portland, Bulls, Raptors,

Stupid teams if they just didn't play basketball.. Lakers would be even worse.

But you won't just close your mouth because the Lakers are 6-20 since 2014, and not 3-23. Just STOP.

Last edited:
:lol: yes but those 6er-Celtic wins were in November, before tanking would even be on the agenda.

Did you see me mention us beating the Clippers and Rockets? No? Because those were with 70+ games left, ie "hope". You saw me point out wins over GARBAGE teams that we are competing directly against. Not beating a really good team like you pointed too. (Unless you count Raptors with 8 players)

Once "hope" was lost, there is only the asset.

Now, Orlando winning games lately.......got me there. Not sure why they did that.

And Jazz have been very decent since Burke came in, again, you know that. Stop spinning things like I don't know the answers too man. :lol:

This pick is literally the only thing we have to get back on track. Sorry you guys can't handle me pointing it out, since August, and even heavier since Kobe's franchise crushing contract.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I told you guys the Magic would start winning a little more once they got healthy again. That should be a more competing squad than it is.

we just need olahomedepot to make a late push for ROY

then for mcw to see that and step his own game up

causing both teams to go on 5 game win streaks

Know what I realize is coming? We get the 3-4-5 pick, somewhere in there, we take ___ and he bombs.

Flat out sucks. Wes Johnson all over again. Darko, Kwame, just terrible.

Know who will get blamed??????

Me.

Not Mitch, I'll be the one that gets screamed down. "Good thing we tanked CP, you dumb ************, how's that workin out for us?" :lol:

Even tho, I have no control :nerd: I will get blamed like hell, and Mitch will be scott free. :lol: :lol:

I can see it coming. It shall be glorious.

#TeamTankButWinGamesButStillTankSomehow

#TeamIHateThatIPredictedPlayoffsIn2014NowImMadAtCP

OMG! Shut up CP we get it!!! :lol:

It's like who brought this guy to the party lol

You're so damn negative. We suck this season. We are close to a good lottery pick in a talented draft, put a sock in it my dude
You want people to know you're right fine ...you're right. Plz just stop

This will continue thru draft ....CP will be harping about who management picked :rofl:

But let me stop I don't want it to seem like I'm taking this too seriously :nerd:

:lol: yes but those 6er-Celtic wins were in November, before tanking would even be on the agenda.

Stop spinning things like I don't know the answers too man. :lol:

With the exception of the Kings, long shots nonetheless... All of those teams were guaranteed lottery teams. Sixers & Celtics were tanking in June.

Remember Celtics dumped their coach, and their top 2 scorers

Sixers traded their best player for a guy who wouldn't play all season. When they started 3-0, people were asking about the failure of their tanking. It was a novelty for a whole week, people laughing that the Sixers were the best team in the league.

Welp..

Last edited:
OMG! Shut up CP we get it!!! :lol:

It's like who brought this guy to the party lol

You're so damn negative. We suck this season. We are close to a good lottery pick in a talented draft, put a sock in it my dude
You want people to know you're right fine ...you're right. Plz just stop

This will continue thru draft ....CP will be harping about who management picked :rofl:

But let me stop I don't want it to seem like I'm taking this too seriously :nerd:

I am not negative. I've been positive all year we suck. :lol:

I haven't flip flopped back and forth, even when we were 10-9, I kept sayin the same thing.

That ain't negative. :pimp:

7BbY4.gif

Yesss the Kings weren't expected to be lotto bound 
laugh.gif

I can't tell if CP is being serious or just trolling, its very confusing to follow the back and forths

Last edited:
7BbY4.gif

Yesss the Kings weren't expected to be lotto bound :lol:  

I can't tell if CP is being serious or just trolling, its very confusing to follow the back and forths

:lol: There was always hope.. But in the end it's the Kings :rofl:

The hope was maybe this was the year to maybe sneak in, in a cluttered 8th seed, where everyone beats up on each other... But again, it's the Kings.

Last edited:
7BbY4.gif

Yesss the Kings weren't expected to be lotto bound :lol:  

I don't troll.

And one thing everyone in here gets wrong, I do not care one bit about being right, I care about the Lakers GETTING right.

I could care less if I'm right, wrong, close, way off, who gives a ****? I want Mitch right. I want Buss right. I want Kobe right. I want Mike right. I want this pick right.

I want the Lakers right.

To hell with what I say in a forum. I just want my ******* team back. And right now they are in SERIOUS danger of becoming 88-08 Boston, and that sickens me.

People need to get that and stop worrying what I say daily.

:smh:

7BbY4.gif

Yesss the Kings weren't expected to be lotto bound 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
There was always hope.. But in the end it's the Kings
roll.gif

The hope was maybe this was the year to maybe sneak in, in a cluttered 8th seed, where everyone beats up on each other... But again, it's the Kings.
laugh.gif
 I feel you.

To be honest, every year since we drafted Tyreke, I've always had a slight glimmer of hope at the beginning of each season that the Kings will squeak into the 8th spot.... obviously that glimmer of hope gets shut pretty quick. 

Going in to this season I was thinking we could probably hit 35 wins, and if we got hot, sneak into the 8th seed with like 41-43 wins if lucky.

I hate making excuses for the Kings, in years past I would point to youth, coaching, ownership, etc

This year though, I think it is a little different. During the offseason we had like 8 or 9 players come back early to Sac in like late August to start working out together, none of those players even play for the Kings now other than Thomas and Cousins. Since the season began, there is now only 3 players that remain from the start of the season (well 4 if you count Outlaw but whatever)... I'm not sure any team has ever had such a huge in-season turnover in player personnel. So I do kind of give the Kings a little bit of a pass I guess. But I dunno, I think with the new ownership and front office, they're still trying their best to makeover the roster into something they want.

But like you said, its the Kings... but I like to think they are new Kings 
ohwell.gif

/end Kings talk

Last edited:
I love the fact that the lakers are thoroughly getting cooked this season and no draft pick is going to change much. As far as I'm concerned this draft is overrated anyway; just like the last few years.

Bazemore, brooks, young and i wld hv to say hill have been your best pick ups thus far and I don't see a draft pick being better than any of those excluding maybe hill.

I love the fact that the lakers are thoroughly getting cooked this season and no draft pick is going to change much. As far as I'm concerned this draft is overrated anyway; just like the last few years.

Bazemore, brooks, young and i wld hv to say hill have been your best pick ups thus far and I don't see a draft pick being better than any of those excluding maybe hill.

lolwut?????

Back
Top Bottom