[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Part of me would be too. But I have a feeling it might be possible. Trying to brace myself for it.

Meanwhile:

:frown:

Last edited:
I get it, but despite how abrasive CP's being, he's still just trying to get people to change their tune... he knows it's not gonna affect the product on the court (isn't that what the back-and-forth is about?). It's the same thing we're all doing. His ways are more harsh.

The thinking behind his abrasive Twitter @'s are a different story, of course.

:pimp:

Sorry if posted.

via Lakerholicz

Lakers Rumors: Rival teams worried Dante Exum may force his way to L.A.

The NBA Draft is still four months away, though it appears that some general managers around the league are worried that Australian prospect Dante Exum could force his way to the Los Angeles Lakers on draft night.

“When you hear some of what he says, it does make you wonder how the process is going to go as far as workouts and that sort of thing,” one general manager told Sporting News. “We have seen this story before, of course. I am not sure a player can have that kind of control, though.”

Exum has already named the Lakers as “the best option” for him this summer. The 18-year-old has said that he wouldn’t be happy being drafted by a team with an already established point guard which would likely lead to him seeing limited minutes during his rookie year.

The Lakers are one of the few teams in the league that don’t have a guy like Chris Paul or Rajon Rondo on their roster, meaning that Exum would likely become the full-time starter if he ended up being drafted by the Lake Show.

Exum has also openly expressed his interest in playing with Kobe Bryant, and even went as far as to sign with Rob Pelinka, who also represents the Black Mamba.

Seeing as Exum is now be based in Los Angeles – and will be up until the draft – it would seem that the Lakers are in the driving seat when it comes to in-person workouts.

As the Sporting News piece notes, Pelinka could limit Exum’s workouts in order to discourage certain teams from drafting him. There’s also the possibility that Exum could threaten to play overseas in his native Australia if he’s drafted by any team other than the Lakers.

Of course, right now, a lot of this is just speculation, though there’s definitely some interest on Exum’s side and picking up the dynamic guard would seemingly make sense for the purple and gold, too.

I still don't know enough about Exum yet.

Soon though. :nerd:

Keep us updated.

Sorry if posted.

via Lakerholicz

The NBA Draft is still four months away, though it appears that some general managers around the league are worried that Australian prospect Dante Exum could force his way to the Los Angeles Lakers on draft night.

“When you hear some of what he says, it does make you wonder how the process is going to go as far as workouts and that sort of thing,” one general manager told Sporting News. “We have seen this story before, of course. I am not sure a player can have that kind of control, though.”

Exum has already named the Lakers as “the best option” for him this summer. The 18-year-old has said that he wouldn’t be happy being drafted by a team with an already established point guard which would likely lead to him seeing limited minutes during his rookie year.

The Lakers are one of the few teams in the league that don’t have a guy like Chris Paul or Rajon Rondo on their roster, meaning that Exum would likely become the full-time starter if he ended up being drafted by the Lake Show.

Exum has also openly expressed his interest in playing with Kobe Bryant, and even went as far as to sign with Rob Pelinka, who also represents the Black Mamba.

Seeing as Exum is now be based in Los Angeles – and will be up until the draft – it would seem that the Lakers are in the driving seat when it comes to in-person workouts.

As the Sporting News piece notes, Pelinka could limit Exum’s workouts in order to discourage certain teams from drafting him. There’s also the possibility that Exum could threaten to play overseas in his native Australia if he’s drafted by any team other than the Lakers.

Of course, right now, a lot of this is just speculation, though there’s definitely some interest on Exum’s side and picking up the dynamic guard would seemingly make sense for the purple and gold, too.

original

I don't like the idea/notion/rumor of a guy 'strategically engineering' his arrival to a specific team.

I've been known to hold this against athletes for a VERY long time.

Even just the rumor of it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Keep us updated.

Sorry if posted.

via Lakerholicz

original

So back to my question from yesterday. IF we get the number 1 pick overall and say Philly (2 and 11) or Magic(3 and 12) both want Jabari badly and they offer us their two first round picks for our 1st, would Exum be available at the 11th or 12 pick? I mean he's making it clear it wants to play for the Lakers, why would GMs even risk it? We could grab Wiggins or Embiid with the 2nd or 3rd pick and Exam with the 11th :nerd:

Last edited:

Keep us updated.

Sorry if posted.

via Lakerholicz

original

So back to my question from yesterday. IF we get the number 1 pick overall and say Philly (2 and 11) or Magic(3 and 12) both want Jabari badly and they offer us their two first round picks for our 1st, would Exum be available at the 11th or 12 pick? I mean he's making it clear it wants to play for the Lakers, why would GMs even risk it? We could grab Wiggins or Embiid with the 2nd or 3rd pick and Exam with the 11th :nerd:

They won't let Exum drop to 11-12 for us to simply take. Hence their *****ing about it already in February.

I don't like the idea/notion/rumor of a guy 'strategically engineering' his arrival to a specific team.

So u dont like lebron?

Part of it rubs me the wrong way but Elway forced his way to Denver, Eli forced his way to NY. Worked out for those teams.

So u dont like lebron?
Man, don't. 
laugh.gif

Dudes be saying stuff just to say it.

I'm convinced the NBA rigged that for Lebron, but there was never any rumors of him diva-ing his way to CLE.

This is AGAIN, me pointing out how stupid Mitch just was.

Listen to EVERYTHING you have read the past 2 years.

CP3 trade voided.

CBA designed to screw us.

Teams don't want to help us get under the repeater tax.

Teams now complaining about a draft pick we haven't even made.

Bottom line, teams KNOW we are a destination franchise and can get things easier than they can, so they do whatever they can to screw us over. Nobody out there blockin the Grizzlies. Nobody stallin out the Mavs.

Mitch HAD an out with Gasol/repeater tax. It was right there, and he botched it.

Why?

Because HE thinks someone will just "help" us with a sign and trade for Pau or Hill? :smh:

These guys aren't out here tryin to help us get back in good shape. So take the deals you have in place, when they are there. Pau-Bynum was there, ready to do, EARLY in the process, and Mitch overplayed his hand. Now we're stuck, and the owners/GM's are about to start *****ing us again by somehow blocking Exum from us even if we get in position to take him. (outside the top 3 guys)

"It's not Mitch's fault, Jim Buss, etc etc..."

:smh:

I hear you, but in the end, if you wanted to work at Walmart, and Target chose your *** and said "Work here" would you be cool with it?

I realize this is the system that we have and all, but if a guy from Australia doesn't want to play in Milwaukee Wisconsin, but feels comfortable in LA, it's kind of hard to be mad at the kid, ya know?

If I didn't want to work at my job, I could quit, any time I choose. Players can't, why do they HAVE to play for who drafts them? Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't seen a bigger fight from these young guys. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go to Cleveland if I knew that the team in Miami wanted me, or Chicago, etc.

from a draftee's pov, i could see that point. but what if you were the bucks a gm? do you pass up on a player with a high potential because he said he prefers another team?

Last edited:
Well, like I said, it's the system we have, certainly it would be chaos any other way.

Would you rather work at Apple, or Walmart?

Thing is, it's hard to get into Apple. If teams fill up with who they want, eventually the others will have to seek employment elsewhere. Obviously, that doesn't work in a "competitive" environment, hence why we have a draft, and all these rules to slow down big markets now.

But I can't really get angry at kids who want to take control of their career, ala Elway, Eli Manning, etc. I don't blame them one bit for wanting what they do and not just accepting any job like a slave.

Well, like I said, it's the system we have, certainly it would be chaos any other way.

Would you rather work at Apple, or Walmart?

Thing is, it's hard to get into Apple. If teams fill up with who they want, eventually the others will have to seek employment elsewhere. Obviously, that doesn't work in a "competitive" environment, hence why we have a draft, and all these rules to slow down big markets now.

But I can't really get angry at kids who want to take control of their career, ala Elway, Eli Manning, etc. I don't blame them one bit for wanting what they do and not just accepting any job like a slave.

You forgot to mention Mark Prior

CP what hurt more

Cubs losing to the Marlins in 03
Or Lakers losing to the Celtics in 08?

Last edited:
I don't blame them one bit for wanting what they do and not just accepting any job like a slave.
except being signed by an nba team is not your typical job :lol:

but this is what distinguishes small market to big market. obviously, we can see why Exum wants to play for the Lakers. but IF (!!!) the lakers end up drafting lower than the pick that drafts Exum, i don't see smaller market teams passing him up.

oh, you don't want to play in Milwaukee? too bad, you are stuck here for the next 8 years. and if the kid turns out to to be a big deal, who knows :nerd:

Last edited:
How can you compare choosing not to take a job someone doesn't want to slavery though?

Slaves didn't have the chance to choose their "jobs."

A basketball player being drafted by an NBA team he does not want to play for is not the same thing as being treated as a slave.

Slaves had no choice period.
Basketball players don't HAVE to join the nba. If you don't wanna play for the Bucks cool, go sign up for basketball in Greece.

They have freedom. No ones tying them up in ropes forcing them to play for these franchises. They CHOOSE to enter the NBA draft.

Slaves were FORCED to slave or they died.

Please don't act like these spoiled kids are being tortured by being drafted by a sports franchise they may not like while being paid millions of dollars.

Last edited:
Cubs losing to the Marlins in 03
Or Lakers losing to the Celtics in 08?

Loss is a loss, hurt the same.

Slave and sports may be poor choice of words, but the point is the PLAYERS are the ones we want to see.

I want to see a player play, I don't want to see an owner, own.

The PLAYER is the goods. They are the talent, the work, the entertainer.

And if they get drafted by the Bobcats, this system tells them they are screwed, they have NO CHOICE, in this country. "Go play in Greece" is not a choice if a kid can find an equally good job here in California for the Warriors.

If I don't want to work at my job, I can go on down the street, job after job, I don't have to go to Greece, why should the players? THEY are the goods we pay to see.

I don't pay to see Cuban, I pay to see Dirk.

Like I said, I don't personally have a better system, today, than the Draft. It's the system we have now, nothin I can do about it.

But I will NOT get down on a kid for sayin he doesn't want to play for __ or __ or whoever. If he wants to work for __, he should have that right, and not be forced into signing a contract for X number of years when he doesn't want to be there and his only option is leave the country. :smh:

Sorry, that sounds slavish to me. Even if not the exact meaning that Slavery entails.

yeah, a player can say he doesnt to play for philly or the bucks, but if the bucks draft him, i can't even be mad at that either :lol:

“People think it's so far-fetched that I would stay in Minnesota,” Love said. “And I'm not (expletive) on the Lakers, but we have the better team, the better foundation. I'm having fun.”

lol cause hes not going to stay in Minnesota unless lebron or melo joins him.

Pls end the misery that is this season. Someone get the flux capicitor and start flexing it so we can just make like a VHS player and fast forawrd to June 26th.

Back
Top Bottom