[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
One could argue, (I'm not, just that one could)

The fanbase (us) was VERY NOISY about one Mike Brown last season.

And......? Something got done.

NOW, we were also noisy about one Phil Jackson, and that got ignored, but hey.

My mindset has, and always will be, the betterment of the Lakers franchise. You know that. We won the title game 7 2010, opened the offseason thread with confetti still fallin, and Ron not even fully drunk yet, and I was lookin ahead to how we could win 2011. That's me.

For better or worse, that's who I am.

If we as a fanbase, completely went out of our minds about Kobe's contract, and showed our displeasure, Mitch would be in some hot water. Message boards, radio airwaves, Twitter, local call in shows, national call in shows, emails, newspapers, everything. Word gets out in 2014. This isn't 1983.

So when I see folks just okaying every horrible move made, that alarms me.
When I see fans okaying something that will render us middle of the pack, alarms me.

And I speak on it. Because it CAN have an affect. Microscopic as it may be.

Cheerin for a win on my couch, and the team is in Indy, yeah, not gonna happen. No affect, I agree with you, I'm with ya.

But me @ing Lakers on Twitter, writing to every reporter I know. Message boards, emails, etc etc etc, just me, just my damn self, someone will hear that.
And if there's two of me, then louder...
And if there's three of me.....
And four.....

Pretty soon, things get heard. Mitch, Jim, Kobe, Mike, Phil, they all hear us. They do. You don't have to live across the street from Staples for them to hear us now, not in 2014.

So it CAN matter. Maybe not as much as us physically calling Mitch on the phone with his direct number, but you get the idea. Having a bunch of people all over the place with their lame thoughts can be counter productive to what we COULD do if we put our minds to it.

(honestly, people should have protested for Phil more than we did last year) Oh by the way, I was ok with Mike D. Imagine if we didn't have people that were ok with him as coach and demanded Phil more vehemently.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Yes, over the course of time, the voices of many can persuade the powers that be.

The posts of a few (or one) complaining about us winning  a game, or some games, will not affect anything.

Canning MB was a decision; scoring less points than an opponent is not a decision.

Canning MB was a decision that could have been persuaded by tons of irate people; scoring less points than an opponent isn't a decision that can be persuaded by any number of irate people.

I saw Ska and CP fighting this morning on the news.

BoredPortal.com_Old-man-fight.gif

Just couldn't figure out who the one that fell was. They looked so identical. Need clarification :nerd:

Last edited:
I think for the most part the convo's on here aren't trying to affect anything with the actual Lakers :lol:

We're just debating how each other views what's happening.

I've seen some stupid, misinformed, or misguided things on here. If I respond, it's to set something straight (or my opinion of what's straight).

I don't want to, or expect to, have an affect on the court; just what's going through my fellow NT'ers heads.

Last edited:
But not having the players score points because they are not on the roster because they got traded for a snickers bar and a pack of gum is a decision that can be persuaded

I think for the most part the convo's on here aren't trying to affect anything with the actual Lakers
laugh.gif

We're just debating how each other views what's happening.

I've seen some stupid, misinformed, or misguided things on here. If I respond, it's to set something straight (or my opinion of what's straight).

I don't want to, or expect to, have an affect on the court; just what's going through my fellow NT'ers heads.
So set them straight.

You're nowhere near as abrasive as CP, though.

And that's what I was commenting to him about. 'S what I stay commenting to him about. 
laugh.gif

"Dude, we're not freaking winning 3 championships and also getting 3 #1 pcks" =/= "Jesus Christ you're dense. 3 championships and 3 #1s?! 
roll.gif
 I'm getting stupider the more you post."

If anywhere along the way, you're picking up that it's not about what is being said, but how it was said/how abrasive it is, then you've got it. 
happy.gif

But not having the players score points because they are not on the roster because they got traded for a snickers bar and a pack of gum is a decision that can be persuaded
Part of me wants to not respond because I know that you're being sarcastic and that you know people are absolutely just kidding when they suggest things like that.

But the other part of remembers you're Canadian, sooo...

I get it, but despite how abrasive CP's being, he's still just trying to get people to change their tune... he knows it's not gonna affect the product on the court (isn't that what the back-and-forth is about?). It's the same thing we're all doing. His ways are more harsh.

The thinking behind his abrasive Twitter @'s are a different story, of course.

Last edited:
didn't yi jianlian try out for only a handful of teams but got selected by the bucks who didnt even watch him practice?

maybe he sent the bucks a video of him working out against a chair and they thought he was the goods? :lol:

Last edited:
I get it, but despite how abrasive CP's being, he's still just trying to get people to change their tune... he knows it's not gonna affect the product on the court.

The thinking behind his abrasive Twitter @'s are a different story, of course.
As a lurker/occasional nonsense contributor, I want to add more to this.... but I'm scared

so I'll just leave this here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom