[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters

Nobody believes in vibes?
Vibes. 
laugh.gif

I believe if I'm depressed and you're happy, one of us will affect the other. Either your positive vibes will bring me up, or my depressed vibes will bring you down.

But my vibes in WV/TN/KY/IL/OH affecting a team playing in another state?

Ummm... no. 
laugh.gif

Even you CA heads, your living room vibes affecting the team playing in another building?

Ummm... no. 
laugh.gif

Contribution level: ZERO

All of us. 
happy.gif

Nobody believes in vibes?
Vibes. 
laugh.gif

I believe if I'm depressed and you're happy, one of us will affect the other. Either your positive vibes will bring me up, or my depressed vibes will bring you down.

But my vibes in WV/TN/KY/IL/OH affecting a team playing in another state?

Ummm... no. 
laugh.gif

Even you CA heads, your living room vibes affecting the team playing in another building?

Ummm... no. 
laugh.gif

Contribution level: ZERO

All of us. 
happy.gif
just a question
laugh.gif

I like to think as a fan, if I sit on a certain couch and they win, you best be sure I'll sit on that couch. If they lose, I'll move.

Fans will be fans, I LIKE TO THINK, (I know in my heart its wrong) But I like to think, that if I send negative vibes they lose.

Ultimately, I completely agree with you.

But yeah.

sorry
frown.gif

lets win more games so we can get that top 5 pick :pimp:

I don't understand why you don't understand this. Me cheering for the LAKERS and HOPING THEY WIN HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME!

THE LAKERS ARE HORRIBLE, BUT LET ME CHEER FOR THEM IN PEACE JESUS CHRIST.

THEIR DEFENSE SUCKS AND THEIR COACH IS HORRIBLE, I CAN STILL COMMENT ON THESE CAN'T I?

I will not cheer for them to lose, they will lose on their own, but I will damn right comment on how bad they look and how bad their coaching is.
View media item 717908

THANK YOU!!!

I want them to win... and THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT THEY WILL. :lol:

They lose, and these derps wanna act like the reason they lost is because they were hoping for it, like their '#RigginforWiggins" posts have ANYTHING to do with the game.

"Well I want us to get a top 5 pick, so I'm cheering for us to lose."

Awesome. What you cheer for, hope for, pray for, want, and desire... has NOTHING to do with what happens.

Nothing.

Contribution level: zero

Every single one of us. :D  

Quoted for Extended Emphasis.

This is all true, all of it.

laugh.gif
 i really dont have a problem with people rooting for wins

the caps lock tantrum did provide some entertainment last night though, so thanks for that 

My prediction's still safe.

42-40

We can still go 23-2
42-40?!

:lol:  i really dont have a problem with people rooting for wins

the caps lock tantrum did provide some entertainment last night though, so thanks for that 

Far from a tantrum, this is the cyber world, I can't sit you down and make you understand how flawed your logic is, how demeaning people and calling them stupid for cheering for their team to win when most likely they are going to lose is not right, maybe CAPS LOCK would make you read it a few more times.

Team tank is fine, if you want the team to lose that is great, but the thing is don't have a heart attack or insult anybody who actually wants their team to win, we can't help the outcome, I am not the starting PG and you aren't either, watch the game and let the roster determine it.

Save all your "Vibes" and wishing and hoping for those ping pong balls, because no matter how many times I contact god, or sit on my couch in a certain way, or flip my beer a certain way, this team isn't winning many more games. It would be nice to enjoy the few wins we do have without having to defend my loyalty to the team i've watched for basically my whole life.

As for what Pau Gasol said, at this point of his career he plays little defense, but that doesn't mean he can't comment on it. He's right in some respects and wrong in others. Matching up with the Pacers, we would have got our butts kicked, but playing small against the Pacers also got our butts kicked. Which goes back to one my points with MDA, what you are doing now isn't working, why not try something else. He's tried two years to fit a square into a circle, this year he's actually got some of the players that would work for his offense, but we still suck. Why not try something else?

Why not play big?

I can't wait for the day when we are all back to cheering for wins, this has been a trying season...

Funny, can't affect wins or losses from our keyboard

But we can rip D'antoni to shreds from it, fine and dandy?????

Wants to see the team win....
Wants top 5 pick.

These seem logical.

I'm altering my desires too.

I want to win the Championship.
And get the #1 pick the same year.

Seems feasible as rooting for wins......and a top 5 pick.
Or *****ing about fans complaining about other fans rooting for wins with no affect, but then *****ing about a coach, like anyone will hear that and change the coach.

:lol:  i really dont have a problem with people rooting for wins

Save all your "Vibes" and wishing and hoping for those ping pong balls, because no matter how many times I contact god, or sit on my couch in a certain way, or flip my beer a certain way, this team isn't winning many more games. It would be nice to enjoy the few wins we do have without having to defend my loyalty to the team i've watched for basically my whole life..
The hell you gotta be a **** for :lol:

My last sentence was ultimately I agree that regardless of my vibes it doesn't mean a thing. :lol:

42-40

We can still go 23-2

:pimp:

Darth, you mentioned you live in Illinois, are you in Chicago or southern Illinois? I notice you support majority of the LA teams except for UK Wlidcats and the Titans, wasup with that?

Lakers are my only out of state team that i support. I love all the Chicago sports teams; Cubs, Bears, and Blackhawks. God I hate the White Sox more than any other team, their on the same level as the Cardinals.

Who else is an out of state Lakers fan?

Last edited:

Big difference in expressing disappointment... and belittling someone for not agreeing with you.

BIG difference.

"Man, SCREW _'antoni!! Have fun going nowhere, fellow Lakers fans!" =/= "Man, SCREW YOU cheering for us to win. Have fun being middle ground, clown."

The first one is disappointment.

The second one is taking things too seriously, like what another fan cheers for will ACTUALLY HAPPEN, and if they're not cheering for the right thing, the fate of the franchise is at stake, because what we cheer for HAPPENS.

Last edited:
CP: 32-50
Vral1: 53-29
Vindeezy: 45-37
Sea manup: 46-36
Kal-El: 40-42
Ohmygosher: 56-26
Freeze: 42-40
Essential: 46-36
PMatic: 27-55
Zube: 42-40
NobleKane: 26-56
Lakers29: 45-37
Grandtheftbike: 46-36
Th3RealF0lkBlu3s: 27-55
Cleansneaksonly: 28-54
Menacin: 47-35
Kb83qwick: 43-39
Had Pants: 42-40
DarthSka: 42-40
leemealone: 82-0
MR J: 51-31
Franc: 45-37
MMoreno: 47-35
WhatIsLove: 46-36
DrizzyD: 45-37
SithLord: 43-39
Tuna629: 43-49
TheJrob: 45-37
00david00: 44-38
HybridSoldier: 40-44

Season record prediction update.

Just for the record, I never actually gave a specific record prediction so.... I'm technically not going to be wrong :nerd:

:lol:

So close. :smh:

42-40

We can still go 23-2

42-40?!

pimp.gif

Darth, you mentioned you live in Illinois, are you in Chicago or southern Illinois? I notice you support majority of the LA teams except for UK Wlidcats and the Titans, wasup with that?

Lakers are my only out of state team that i support. I love all the Chicago sports teams; Cubs, Bears, and Blackhawks. God I hate the White Sox more than any other team, their on the same level as the Cardinals.

Grew up on Lakers, Angels, Rams.

In LA (well, LA area).

Moved out on my own to TN. Rams had moved to STL, so I had no team. Became a Titans fan.

Moved to OH. Nothing worth cheering for in OH.

Moved to Kentucky. Went to school at UK. Became a UK fan.

Moved to WV. See: Ohio.

Moved to southern Illinois, an hour and a half away from STL, so I'm a Rams fan again. Die hard? No.

Only teams I'm die hard about are Angels and Lakers.

Can't say I'm a die hard UK fan, because I also like UCLA and USC. Anything SoCal, really. UCI. UCSB. Chargers. Dodgers. Clippers. Kings. Ducks. SoCal sports > *

But the 2 teams I've had my whole life, no matter where I've moved, are the Lakers and Angels. Everything else is just a passing interest.
Don't even try it, Kane. I'm locked and loaded, dude. Don't do it to yourself. 
wink.gif

Last edited:
Fair enough. Tho it can also be belittling the understanding of an argument, moreso the stance.

I know I get nailed for that, my "stupid" claims aren't that one opposes me, but that their logic or understanding of what we are arguing is indeed, stupid.

*example*

Me wanting top tier Lotto pick. 1-2-3 type player, pick. In an elite draft class.

Arguer against me saying we have Kaman, Wes, X, Marshall, former lotto picks.

THAT is stupid. And that is what I call out as stupid. Not that one disagrees with me, that they are stupid for using busted former lotto picks as examples compared to not yet failed future picks that can be developed, properly.

Similar to wanting a lotto pick, and saying we could get KG, he was the 5th pick..........in 1995. :lol:

More clear?

42-40

We can still go 23-2

:pimp:

Grew up on Lakers, Angels, Rams.

In LA (well, LA area).

Moved out on my own to TN. Rams had moved to STL, so I had no team. Became a Titans fan.

Moved to OH. Nothing worth cheering for in OH.

Moved to Kentucky. Went to school at UK. Became a UK fan.

Moved to WV. See: Ohio.

Moved to southern Illinois, an hour and a half away from STL, so I'm a Rams fan again. Die hard? No.

Only teams I'm die hard about are Angels and Lakers.

Can't say I'm a die hard UK fan, because I also like UCLA and USC. Anything so CA, really. UCI. UCSB. Chargers. Dodgers. Clippers. Kings. Ducks. SoCal sports > *

But the 2 teams I've had my whole life, no matter where I've moved, are the Lakers and Angels. Everything else is just a passing interest.

Don't even try it, Kane. I'm locked and loaded, dude. Don't do it to yourself. :wink:  

That's a lot of moving around. Did you move cause you were bored or for work?

Gtb stop playing.

No one 5 foot 4 on a basketball courts going to be doing any blocking unless he's playing against 2nd graders.

Last edited:
i think most people here dont care which outcome other people are rooting for

i just dont understand the logic of "i really want a top 5 pick" "im going to cheer for my team to move farther away from that top 5 pick". doesnt really annoy me, i just dont get that line of thinking so if you're going to post it on a message board im going to question it

same goes for "we are fine with the guys we have currently, lets keep kendall marhsall, nick young and bazemore!" then saying "dantoni is the worst coach ever! a plant would be a better coach than him!". doesnt make sense to me, not going to lose sleep over it but i see that as flawed logic so im going to point it out.

all opinions should have some sort of reasoning behind it, if i say lakers are better off tanking i will follow it up with "because of reasons A B and C". if i say dantoni is not a bad coach i will follow it up with "because of reasons Z Y and X". im not going to say "kobe is top 5" and not have reasons for my opinion ready if anyone cares to ask.

so when i do see someone say things like "dantoni sucks because he sucks!" or "i hope the lakers win just because", im going to question that statement and expect the person behind it to have a good reason for saying such a thing

Big difference in expressing disappointment... and belittling someone for not agreeing with you.

BIG difference.

"Man, SCREW _'antoni!! Have fun going nowhere, fellow Lakers fans!" =/= "Man, SCREW YOU cheering for us to win. Have fun being middle ground, clown."

The first one is disappointment.

The second one is taking things too seriously, like what another fan cheers for will ACTUALLY HAPPEN, and if they're not cheering for the right thing, the fate of the franchise is at stake, because what we cheer for HAPPENS.

Another example.

"I want to see us win"
"I want a top 5 pick"

You see how that logic is pretty absurd? And that is something I would call out, every single time?

"I want to date a woman who doesn't have big boobs"
"I want to date Dolly Parton"

You wouldn't be left with a :\ ?

Those are the things I take to task. I get folks want to win, and all that. But if the logic is flawed as ****, I'm sayin somethin about it. You know this.

Rck posting footage of his trip to a Sacramento grocery store. :pimp:

You ask for Dikembe's autograph after he swatted you? :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom