[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
He's not BAD if he's your 7th or 8th option. If you match him up against most teams second units he will get you buckets. For those 10-15 minutes a game buckets are important. It's not like we need him to be Magic out there for those small increments of playing time.

Most important thing for those 4-5 minute stretches where Kobe or our next SG will be resting is either keeping the lead or keeping it as close as possible until the starters are ready to go back. All we'd really need from him is to get buckets for 4 minutes against opponents bench players and I don't see how that would be a bad situation considering Nick can score a lot better than most bench players in this league.

I know he can't do ANYTHING else. But we wouldn't need him to for 4 minute stretches. He's great relief IMO.

Good luck finding a better 8th man 2 guard.

It's funny, we've won 5 titles with Kobe on the roster, and never, ever, had a Nick Young type on the squad.

Find that weird, I do not.

We won titles with Shannon freaking Brown holding things down just fine, we didn't need someone to "get buckets" and do literally nothing else.

Next we can sign someone to do nothing else beside set screens, and everyone will love that guy too, or no?????

Nick has been passed around the league, year after year, GM's get him, then don't want him, why do you think that might be?

Yes, he gets buckets. Yes, he's a good kid. He's even fun to watch.

If you want to win a championship (what fanbase are we again?) then Nick Young does nothing to help achieve that goal.

If you want to just be entertaining, and have some fun, and quite usually not be a good team, then Nick Young is who you need on your team.

Bro. Kobe isn't Kobe anymore.
He has a 2 million dollar contract.

What the **** do you think we can get better for 2 million dollars.

For an 8th man.

8TH. Who can score better than him for that cheap in that role?

finally caught up with all the new pages since blake got traded. 

Sad to see blake go, dude played hard and it wasnt just him who didnt live up to his deal. the team in general didnt quite live up to expectations. especially last year. but thats the past...read a tweet that Blake would consider coming back to LA in july as his fam is here and they have settled well in the area. he said the hardest part about being traded " ill be away from my family for the next 4 months". i believe he could sign back next year on a minimum deal.

now on to the guards we got, brooks did well when he was with the nets. he's a scorer off the bench but i think he lost his confidence as he has been playing in the d-league but i also contribute playing behind curry and klay as a roadblock to him seeing significant minutes. Bazemore was the defensive player in his conference the last year he played college ball, i havent seen much of him but he'll see minutes here and get a chance to show what he's got. 

Bro. Kobe isn't Kobe anymore.
He has a 2 million dollar contract.

What the **** do you think we can get better for 2 million dollars.

For an 8th man.

8TH. Who can score better than him for that cheap in that role?

AGAIN,

Why are you so focused on today, and this crap team?

I am speaking on what we want, where we want to go. Where do we want to go? To win it ALLLLLLLLL.

He doesn't help us get there, so what do we do then? Move him.

Trade him. Flip him. Get something in return for him.

You want to pay him 2 million dollars a year to shoot jumpers while we lose, by all means, he's your guy.

I want us to get back to where we need to be. And that doesn't involve him, so we need to get him gone, now.

If Mitch and Jim go out and re-sign him for 3 more years, cuz Laker fans love him, don't blame me when 3 years from now we still suck.

I want back in the elite. You guys are all latching on to anything you can that gives you guys Laker basketball pleasure now. That's ruining your ability to remember what we NEED to get things done.

We didn't have a Nick on the last 5 titles.
We didn't have a Nick on the Magic 5 titles.
We don't need a Nick on the next 5 titles.

Move him.

Dude if you can trade him go ahead.
You're totally misconstruing my words.

All i meant was if we DO keep him, hes not BAD as a deep bench options.
Thats all.

Cheap, can score, like you said entertaining.
Obviously hes not a CHAMPSIONSHIP CALLIBER PLAYER.

I just meant how is he a horrible 8th man? An 8th man is an 8th man for a reason, if he had a broader skill set he wouldnt be an 8th man.
But the one thing he can do he does it fairly well compared to everyone else sitting that deep on an NBA bench.

Thats all im sayin.

But if you can trade him and get good value... do it. Im not attached to any of these dudes, at all.

Ok, we on same page then. But E's link was referencing Nick being in LA's "long term" plans, which makes me sick. Hopefully that was just poorly worded and LA isn't really that stupid. :smh:

philly for 2 second round picks for a backup center
heat got a second round pick for roger ************ mason

Mitch is probably trying to make a slam dunk type trade

philly for 2 second round picks for a backup center
heat got a second round pick for roger ************ mason

Mitch is probably trying to make a slam dunk type trade

Yeah, I have a feeling he's pricing us out of dealing Kaman, Hill, and Pau.

Hope I'm wrong. Just make the deals Mitch. :smh:

Yeah, I have a feeling he's pricing us out of dealing Kaman, Hill, and Pau.

Hope I'm wrong. Just make the deals Mitch.
mean.gif
CLE just traded for Hawes, and now NO is backign off talks for Hill

CLE looking to move Zeller, now that they got Hawes

i remember initial talks with CLE about bynum for Pau were us wanting waiters/Zeller or a pick in the deal too

Mitch got his poker face on...

Ramona Shelburne@ramonashelburnenow

Lakers still mulling offers for Jordan Hill but some are "dying" at the moment. Just 9 a.m. tho
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING MITCH.

why ship out blake if you're not gonna get all the way under the luxury tax.

Nets asking for a pick from us to take Hill. We don't have one to trade. So that deal is dead right now.
saw that on mark steins tweet. 

nets feel that taking hill and costing them 17 mil in tax while the lakers save 7 mil is enough to warrant a pick from us.

nah

:lol: at the Nets asking for a draft pick to "take Hill off our hands."

Prok, relax. I know you give no damns but you aren't going to commit highway robbery on Mitch :lol:

if antoine walker can contribute to a championship team then NY certainly can

two totally different players

toine was a 3 point shooter at the end of his career who could also still rebound

nick young is a 40 percent shooting ball stopper

Back
Top Bottom