[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Now they need to ship Gasol's *** out and it is all good

I can not comprehend why they would even consider keeping this dude next year. Like, do they really expect this bum to do anything again in his career?

you cant take rashard lewis, james jones, roger mason jr.. pick one

I meant an expiring + an asset (draft pick)..

So the team that gives the highest draft pick.

I also think the Heat are one team the Lakers won't deal with.. We both know why, even if it's a fool's errand.

Lakers going forward are very bottom heavy in their roster.

Spots 8-15 are lock (Farmar, Marshall, Bazemore (will be cheap to keep), Kelly, Sacre, Shawne will be cheap to keep as well even if he doesn't play another game this year, and 2 of Meeks/Swaggy/Wes/X). Could probably retain 8 of them for $12-15mil.

Unfortunately, 2-7 is empty. That's the problem.

Last edited:
C CP1708 Told you
With the Lakers in obvious rebuild mode this season there aren’t many untouchables occupying a roster spot in Los Angeles.

However sources close to the situation have informed Basketball Insiders that shooting guard Nick Young is in all likelihood safe from trade talk as we approach the deadline. Young, the team’s second leading scorer this season, figures to be part of the team’s long term plans according to the source.

via Lang Greene of Basketball Insiders

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/s...ade&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Excited to see MarShon on the Lakeshow.
I'm currently a senior at Providence and originally from LA so I'm hoping he can prove to everyone he can ball.
He was here my freshmen year and would flat out score. Dropped 52 on notredame.

He's a scorer, idk if him and swaggy can share the ball for the second unit. He idolizes kobe so maybe getting that mentorship from him will be beneficial.

Excited to see what else happens by 3 PM EST.

edit: on facebook he posted a status: "Look at GOD workin"

he's excited to be in LA and I hope he'll be a longtime laker.

Last edited:
So Exum dad was MJ's teammate at NC. Exum favorite player is Kobe and has the same agent as Kobe. I don't know why I just said that. Is Exum a top 5 prospect? What player do the scouts compare him to?

All I know is the NBA needs the Lakers to relevant. If Stern was still running the league, you know we get the first pick in the draft. This new commish seems to play it by the book, so yeah I'm worried.

Last edited:
Exum is being rated below Embiid, Wiggins and Parker by most draft experts.

I've read/heard comparisons to Jamal Crawford, Michael Carter-Williams and Penny Hardaway.

0LPXgP0.gif

3830edae6785ba4cf14e72442f4c5d84.gif

NBADraft.net still has us taking Noah Vonleh 5th, with Exum & Smart still on the board... If they pick Vonleh over Exum or Smart

tumblr_mbsr2hrNvR1qhr8kmo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Read something interesting on another board.

If Mitch ships out hill and Kaman.

We get under the tax. And therefore Phoenix loses the leverage of salary cap relief.

Then Mitch can demand a pick for Gasol.

Read something interesting on another board.

If Mitch ships out hill and Kaman.

We get under the tax. And therefore Phoenix loses the leverage of salary cap relief.

Then Mitch can demand a pick for Gasol.

Interesting.

I think regardless Phoenix will circle back around to us. Whether we actually get a deal done is a completely different issue.

On another note, Lakers are using the interest for Jordan Hill to get assets as opposed to just luxury relief.

Last edited:
C CP1708 Told you
With the Lakers in obvious rebuild mode this season there aren’t many untouchables occupying a roster spot in Los Angeles.

However sources close to the situation have informed Basketball Insiders that shooting guard Nick Young is in all likelihood safe from trade talk as we approach the deadline. Young, the team’s second leading scorer this season, figures to be part of the team’s long term plans according to the source.

via Lang Greene of Basketball Insiders

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/s...ade&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

They are beyond stupid then.

Nick Young is worthless if you are trying to be good.

He's great if your team sucks. So, here we are.

He's not BAD if he's your 7th or 8th option. If you match him up against most teams second units he will get you buckets. For those 10-15 minutes a game buckets are important. It's not like we need him to be Magic out there for those small increments of playing time.

Most important thing for those 4-5 minute stretches where Kobe or our next SG will be resting is either keeping the lead or keeping it as close as possible until the starters are ready to go back. All we'd really need from him is to get buckets for 4 minutes against opponents bench players and I don't see how that would be a bad situation considering Nick can score a lot better than most bench players in this league.

I know he can't do ANYTHING else. But we wouldn't need him to for 4 minute stretches. He's great relief IMO.

Good luck finding a better 8th man 2 guard.

good for team chemistry maybe for this trash *** current roster because hes a clown but not for a winning team

thats like saying jr smith is good for chemistry.

odom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>young

unselfish all around skilled team player vs a one dimensional chucking clown?

its clear to see the lakers management are only in it to sell tickets rather than win

either that or they are delusional and think they can still win a title with kobe surrounding him with oddities and a melo or love

Back
Top Bottom