[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
nerd.gif

Rondo is a fighter tho. Put guys around him, he will go. He stood up to the vets, stood up to Kobe, CP3, the Heat, he's someone that just finds a way to get a W.

I like Lowry, but I don't "know" if I can say the same of him.

I do this for you......

Ease Kobe back 2013, not tank, but not good. Top 7 pick. Take a SF type, not Wiggins, maybe Parker, 6-7/6-6 type.
2014, tank, hard. To keep our pick, need to be top 5, get a top 3 pick, draft Center.
2015 free agent class, come on in PF Kevin Love, PG Rajon Rondo. Kobe in his Reggie Miller-Mariano Rivera glory years.

Rondo, Kobe, #7 pick, Love, Top 3 pick, add bench.

Approved by Essential for skipping 2014 FA class when we whiff on LeBron.
Approved by Ska, LTB for getting Rondo.
Approved by P for two top 7 picks.

Just draw up my contract, I'll sign it right now, we can all get some rest and enjoy two stress free seasons before our big return in the 2015 season.

:smokin

I do this for you......

Ease Kobe back 2013, not tank, but not good. Top 7 pick. Take a SF type, not Wiggins, maybe Parker, 6-7/6-6 type.
2014, tank, hard. To keep our pick, need to be top 5, get a top 3 pick, draft Center.
2015 free agent class, come on in PF Kevin Love, PG Rajon Rondo. Kobe in his Reggie Miller-Mariano Rivera glory years.

Rondo, Kobe, #7 pick, Love, Top 3 pick, add bench.

Approved by Essential for skipping 2014 FA class when we whiff on LeBron.
Approved by Ska, LTB for getting Rondo.
Approved by P for two top 7 picks.

Just draw up my contract, I'll sign it right now, we can all get some rest and enjoy two stress free seasons before our big return in the 2015 season.

smokin.gif
imo we would have to tank to get the 7th pick (of course thats a whole nother discussion) but we wont get bottom 3-4 in the west unless we go out of our way to lose games.

not to say i dont want it too happen, i just dont think it will

with that lineup we're not going to win in '15 with two young players still developing and by the time that core will be championship ready kobe will be done

By 2016 you're lookin at Kareem Kobe, with Magic Rondo and Worthy Love, with 2 blue chip 20 year olds playing your 4-5 in a Barnes-Klay Thompson like mold for 1, and a poor man's Anthony Davis type for the other??? (SF-C positions)

2-3 decent bench guys, that's an 8 man rotation with upside, youth, etc.

And remember, this ain't about Kobe, its about LAL goin forward. Kob can finish out his 20, but the two blue chippers plus two vets in prime is built foundation moving forward.

If they can't win it in 2016, Kob retires, the two blue chips elevate games, Rondo-Love enter 30-31 ages etc. Team is viable going forward post Kobe. If he gets one last run (ala the Spurs) great. If not, franchise still solidified and solid moving on without one of the top dozen players of all time.

And remember, this ain't about Kobe, its about LAL goin forward. Kob can finish out his 20, but the two blue chippers plus two vets in prime is built foundation moving forward.

If they can't win it in 2016, Kob retires, the two blue chips elevate games, Rondo-Love enter 30-31 ages etc. Team is viable going forward post Kobe. If he gets one last run (ala the Spurs) great. If not, franchise still solidified and solid moving on without one of the top dozen players of all time.
yeah of course, and i would rather us secure a long bright future than put all the eggs in the kobe 6th ring basket. but im just pointing out that in what you described i just dont see kobe still being there. but then again, i really do home i'm wrong and he does play another 4-5 years even if he is entering his mj wizards years. as much crap as mj gets for playing on the wizards he could have still been a solid contribution to a championship team if he didnt play for his own trash franchise 

Paus lookin in midseason form on that low block..

If meeks isnt hitting spot ups....

Swaggy p is a sight for sore eyes with kobe out....

xavier lookin kind of pedestrian lately..

shawne williams/r.kelly stretching the floor...

Hill-nice garbage man..still not hitting pick and pops...

nash/kaman look about ready...

Farmar/wes johnson.....where u at?? I thought they were slated to play today???

I have been trying hard to not be impressed by Swaggy P's play since it's only preseason, but he is impressing me.

I cannot believe ppl were laughing at the young signing. For the vets min...cmon.

anyways. ..nice to see X bury a couple of triples....

Am I the only one who thought kelly was luke walton? :lol:

:smh:
Warriors whole starting five playing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom