[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
personally i never blame a player for a contract, thats on the front office. he's spent the past year rehabbing his *** off and now he will spend the next 6 weeks rehabbing his *** off. yes he has made mistakes in the past but how do you blame him for this situation that we're in?

I'm not necessarily talking about our situation now, just in general. Nobody wants to play with Kobe, and there's a reason why. My main problem with dude is that I don't think he can deal with not being the man.

personally i never blame a player for a contract, thats on the front office. he's spent the past year rehabbing his *** off and now he will spend the next 6 weeks rehabbing his *** off. yes he has made mistakes in the past but how do you blame him for this situation that we're in?

I'm not necessarily talking about our situation now, just in general. Nobody wants to play with Kobe, and there's a reason why. My main problem with dude is that I don't think he can deal with not being the man.

Are we talking about Dwight still?

Let's move on...

Last edited:
Kobe is done. :smh:

He may show flashes when gets back but he'll turn into 12 ppg player.

Just retire now Kobe.

Moving forward, is there any possibility we can "subject to change" on the Christmas day game? :lol:

Lebron already wished Kobe get well or in other words; dude be salivating on the opportunity to go HAM @ Staples.

kobewelp.gif

so dwight's yearlong period prevented him from getting along with kobe and lebron was never going to come here anyways and now no one wants to play with kobe?

paus probably gone along with all these 1 year contracts next year, so you can add them to the list too.

Last edited:
True (CP).

I mean, in the end, over the course of just Kobe's career, we're looking at 5 championships in 17 years... And it is certainly hard to argue that that could have been improved on. :lol:
Like you said, 5 in 17, and people have this feel, "he should have more" ****!!! :lol: :lol:
Who said 'should have', though?

'could have' is so different than 'should have'

I'll just end it by saying that if we were get to get a Carmelo type player, I can't imagine Kobe taking the Dwayne Wade role. And it's just my personal opinion that nobody, or should I say star players?, would want to play with Kobe.

True (CP).

I mean, in the end, over the course of just Kobe's career, we're looking at 5 championships in 17 years... And it is certainly hard to argue that that could have been improved on. :lol:
Like you said, 5 in 17, and people have this feel, "he should have more" ****!!! :lol: :lol:
Who said 'should have', though?

'could have' is so different than 'should have'

Lots of people, really. It's the perception that's out there, Shaq and Kobe "ONLY" have 3.

Many, many people feel they should, not just could, but should have more. Barkley types, guys on ESPN, Twitter bloggers, NBATV personalities, NTers, etc.

You've never heard that before?

I'll just end it by saying that if we were get to get a Carmelo type player, I can't imagine Kobe taking the Dwayne Wade role. And it's just my personal opinion that nobody, or should I say star players?, would want to play with Kobe.

No one wants to know your personal opinion.

So basically, you just makin stuff up, in your opinion, so that's ok?

Cuz I'm pretty sure he changed his game all last year.

I'm pretty sure he was one of the best offensive players in the league last year, so why in the blue hell would we want to go away from that, for someone else on the team last year?

And this year he played 6 games, and was distributing based on need/rust. Not taking over.

So uh, what was your point again? That he doesn't alter his game for others, and won't be second to nobody, and nobody wants to play with him? Based on, your opinion? Do I have it all correct, or did I miss a few things?

[quote name="Essential1"][quote name="tay1"]I'll just end it by saying that if we were get to get a Carmelo type player, I can't imagine Kobe taking the Dwayne Wade role. And it's just my personal opinion that nobody, or should I say star players?, would want to play with Kobe.[/quote]No one wants to know your personal opinion.[/quote]I do. :smile:

Originally Posted by Essential1  
Originally Posted by tay1  
No one wants to know your personal opinion.
I do.
smile.gif
well then you're no one!!!!

not srs, everyone is welcome to voice their opinion in here... except rck

[quote name="Essential1"][quote name="tay1"]
Are we talking about Dwight still?

Let's move on...
Nah, that just wasn't meant to be.

Well tell me the other guy we missed out on in Free Agency that did not want to play with Kobe?[/quote]Knowing dang well one goes "I didn't sign w/ __________, because __________ plays there." :lol:[/quote]

No, not what I was trying to prove... Since the Shaq days, we've never had cap space.. So there has never been an instance (other than Dwight) where we've had a star outright reject us because of Kobe. And at this point almost everyone even tay, and myself admit he wasn't the guy.

It's pure conjecture and bull from him to say that..

Last edited:
Anyways, love the Marshall signing, even if he flops. Usually, we take those lottery guys that get left behind and they realize their potential to a degree and become useful.

Wes 26
Xavier 22
Marshall 22
Hill 25
Meeks 25
Farmar 26
Sacre 24
Harris 24
Kelly 22

If we can make 5 of these useful, that's our bench. 2 other "projects" at the 11-12 spot (Sacre type) Then just need a couple starters.

Kobe
2014 First Round pick

3 more.

Just 3 more bodies to add.

Pray like hell we sell guys at the deadline. Pau, Nash, Kaman, Blake, Nick Young, Williams. (maybe add Hill if I have to)

based on basically.

i want to punch kendall marshall in the face. not more than i want to punch chalmers, but more than i want to punch shane battier

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom