[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
this season in a weird way is starting like last season. right now the lakers dont have a full healthy squad. hopefully we get to see this squad fully healthy to see who they really are. although the probability of having everyone healthy is slim.

well the planes about to take off to shanghai, please dont have too many arguments without me

catch yall on the flipity flip
wachu going to shanghai for
nerd.gif

have a safe flight.

bring back some j's or kobes for the thread
smile.gif

That's the thing... ... ...
You know, you would think that 'replace role player w/ all time great' would be a GOOD thing, but nah. "Farmar's out. It's not Kobe. It's... Farmar." Our season doesn't rest on someone being hailed as a top 3 all time; it rests on... c'mon, man, I can't even say it without laughing... our season rests on Jordan freaking Farmar. Kobe can come back, but if it's not w/ JORDAN FARMAR... tank the season, there's no point.

It.

Is NEVER.

Kobe.

laugh.gif

It just... never is.

His legacy, in my mind, will be (and there's not even a second place): the single most fortunate, protected player in all my years watching sports.

Literally, from the beginning: "It's not him. It's ________." If I've heard it once...
laugh.gif
, I tototally forgot, you almost got this past me, but uh, Kobe coming back, from what, vacation?

You failed to mention that Kobe, who hasn't even dribbled a ball in 6 months, comes back, AT THE NBA LEVEL and started playing, what, 3 weeks ago? A month? And TWO GAMES in, TWO GAMES Ska, you already on him for not winning games??????????

You're real with this?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
... ... ... I never said that. 
wink.gif

I never said "It's all on Kobe." I'm saying: "Oh no, can't be him. Won't be him. Nope, nope, noooope! One of the 2 greatest guards of all time, but losing... is NOT... on him. Not now. Not in '06. Not ever. One of the GLOAT... except when we lose. Then it's Kwame. Or Farmar. Or Pau. We win because of Kobe, lose because of... well, not Kobe. Ever."

I never said "It's all on Kobe." I'm saying... ... ...
Kobe coming back and getting used to playing nba basketball

farmar being out

pau being pau

dantoni learning to work his rotations with kobe in the lineup

some ball watching which is caused by kobe holding the ball (not to say kobe is entirely to blame)

These are all factors for our past two losses. Lets stop talking about how its all kobes fault or how none of it should be on kobe
... ... ... that.

*waits for "Well, yeah, I'm saying that, too. Don't lump me in w/ 'them', Ska."*

Kal-El-8, notice how that gif isn't posted on here as prominently as other gifs? 'No profanity' includes gifs and pics.

There are censored versions of that same gif, where the f-bomb on the dry erase board is 'fixed'.

this season in a weird way is starting like last season. right now the lakers dont have a full healthy squad. hopefully we get to see this squad fully healthy to see who they really are. although the probability of having everyone healthy is slim.
no way , last season brown got fired dantoni came in with no training camp. team was a mess. we wanted to try to maake dwight an offensive threat like bynum but dude couldnt do it.

this season should theoretically be much better than last season

Kal-El-8, notice how that gif isn't posted on here as prominently as other gifs? 'No profanity' includes gifs and pics.

There are censored versions of that same gif, where the f-bomb on the dry erase board is 'fixed'.
Damn, didn't even think about that.

Will look for a different one next time I need it.

My apologies.

Visiting friends and family before christmas
have a good time bruh. dont forget to pack your steve blake jersey.

no way , last season brown got fired dantoni came in with no training camp. team was a mess. we wanted to try to maake dwight an offensive threat like bynum but dude couldnt do it.

this season should theoretically be much better than last season
i'm just referring to health. indeed last season was a bigger mess.

welp, 73-9 is out the door
tired.gif

So, then what is it you want?

You want it to be Kobe's fault why we lost the last two games, is that what you want?

You want those two specific L's on Kobe? And then OKC on Friday as well?

That's what you want?

Steve Blake out a minimum of six weeks. News breaks as soon as sea manup boards a plane.

No point guard AT ALL :x This won't be pretty.

Bobby Brown time?

Last edited:
straight up? so all this crap we've put up with, all the nonsense and soft ****, and this dude might actually walk out on us? that's how you feel my g? aight..

HANG TIME WEST – There are the assumptions and the speculation that Kobe Bryant‘s extension increases the possibility Bryant favorite Pau Gasol will get an offer to remain a Laker. And, that obviously, Gasol will jump at the chance because him as a free agent, hat in hand, will be a sad sight.

Then there is the reality: Gasol, he made clear to NBA.com, could be the one to decide to break up.

While he is definitely interested in staying and his affection for the organization is obvious, the player about 6 1/2 months away from free agency said his hopes to win another championship will weigh heavily on what he does in July and may weigh greater than than the opportunity to stay in a familiar setting or to make more money. Especially since there may be another familiar setting out there awaiting the 33-year-old power forward.

“There’s different factors you have to take into account,” Gasol said. “The financial factor. That I’ve been with this franchise, for what I’ve been through, the loyalty I have to them. And also the chances of winning a championship. Those three are the most. What percentage I will give or prioritize, we’ll see when the opportunities come along. But I would like to first be in a position to win a championship again and enjoy the last few years of my career and be in a good position to do so.”

If the projections come true and the Lakers are clearly not a contender, would that increase the chances of leaving?

“If there’s possibilities of being in a place that has those type of chances, it’s something I will think about,” he said. “But, again, I’m not in that position yet. I’m here. We’re just kind of guessing here. We’ll see. We’ll cross the bridge when I get there. No rush.”

The only thing Gasol can say with certainty is that he will not consider a return to Europe. Maybe some day, as a full-circle finish to a career that started in his native Spain, but not in the foresseable future.

The other return? Memphis has not been ruled out.

The Grizzlies are a great financial unknown and team unknown, as well. They face a pending Zach Randolph decision about whether to pick up his $16.5-million option for next season or pass that up in hopes of his stated desire to get a longer deal to stay.

But a return to Memphis does have the obvious emotional appeal for Gasol: the presence of brother, Marc. Plus, Memphis was Pau’s first NBA home, for 6 1/2 years before the trade to the Lakers. And, a future with Randolph (in the final season of the current deal or under a new contract), Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and Tony Allen is a positive starting point to a playoff team.

“It’s appealing,” Pau Gasol told NBA.com. “One of the best centers in the NBA, one of the best interior players, is my brother. There’s a lot of attractive factors there. But who knows if that’s even a possibility or if that will ever happen. Right now, I’m just trying to focus on (the Lakers’ opponents) and staying healthy and playing a very successful year so this team and others will have the certainty and the confidence that I am a difference maker, that I am an elite player and I have a lot of years in me.”

Gasol is shooting just 41.7 percent, on early pace for a clear career low and a fifth consecutive season of decline, but is also rebounding at a high rate (9.5 boards per game in just 30.3 minutes, an increase from 2012-13), has a personality that fits in any positive locker-room environment, is a talented passer, and has mountains of playoff experience. Teams will be interested, to where he can’t say whether the Lakers will get a home-town discount on the next contract.

“It depends on the circumstances and the scenarios,” Gasol said. “If I don’t have all the cards, if I only have one, two cards, I can’t really make a decision then. I’ll wait to see what happens. There might be the possibility of an extension that is attractive enough for everyone. That wouldn’t be out of the question. But it’s kind of appealing to be in a position of free choice at the end of the season.”

Hey Ska, so, since we can't blame Kobe for 1 PG bein out, or 2 PG's bein out, is ok now to blame Kobe for 3 PG's bein out? Cuz, that shouldn't affect our roster, at all. I mean, we get back a top NBA all time player, and all we're losing is Steve freaking Blake, and Jordan damn Farmar, right?

Am I doin this correct?

Yep, here it comes.

Kobe is being moved to PG. Off an achilles injury. :smh:
With Xavier Henry the backup PG.

Tremendous.

THAT, is how you tank my friends. Couple injuries, and then some ridiculous roster shuffling = tank.

Toronto? They traded Rudy Gay, and look to be trading Kyle Lowry. Also wise tanking ploys.

Sacramento? ADDED Rudy Gay, yet another wise tanking move.

Yes, anything that involved Rudy Gay, be it adding or subtracting = tanking. :lol: :lol:

i cant wait to see kobe giving all these sharpshootas dimes left and right.

the ghost of magic johnson will return :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Back
Top Bottom