[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Kobe being resilient as usual.

tumblr_m4b3c8Z6Fx1qg2qmno1_400.gif

true story...i knew as soon askobe uttered those words in the post game jimmies was be russled. i didnt agree with it either though honestly. team was doing well without mamba. not great, but competitive. dudes are looking like '06 out there now. pau is kwame.
:nerd:

you don't agree? consider the personnel we had and the effort they brought each night. 4th in 3pt percentage, top bench, boards, much improved defense, energy and fast break scoring, etc. sounds competitive to me. was that translating to a boatload of wins? not yet, but we were 2 games over .500 and 9th in a stacked western con. drop us in the east, we would've been 4th lol.

Last edited:
I really think Silver is gonna change it to top 16 teams. This other **** is ridiculous. Nobody is upsetting anyone in the east.

Heat vs Pacers Conf finals.

West is wide open.

but its probably spurs or thunder.

you don't agree? consider the personnel we had and the effort they brought each night. 4th in 3pt percentage, top bench, boards, much improved defense, energy and fast break scoring, etc. sounds competitive to me. was that translating to a boatload of wins? not yet, but we were 2 games over .500 and 9th in a stacked western con. drop us in the east, we would've been 4th lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was gonna let y'all do your thing, but you guys need to at least get facts right before you **** everything up in here.

We were 1 game above .500 at 10-9.

What you two are forgetting is Farmar is out for the next month. LA is now 1-3 without Farmar. That win? We were down 10 on the road in the 4th, and X pulled them thru. Sac is tanking MUCH better than we are fyi, hence the win being pulled out. Otherwise, we are 0-4 without Farmar. Do you all understand this?

Note, Xavier Henry is NOT a PG.

So Nash is out, fine, we can absorb, Blake AND Farmar.

Take Farmar out too, and it's just Blake. No backup PG. X, and Kobe are not Point Guards. Please, for the love of God, gain some perspective, and understand that. Farmar out = BAD. Real bad.

You praise the bench. Yep, led by Farmar. No Farmar, bench now suffers, don't it?

You want to blame Kobe (already? :lol: ) for what exactly? Shooting too much? He took 9 shots his first game, and he took 11 the second game. So again, without the backup PG, and Kobe is clearly NOT shooting too much, what, exactly, are you two complaining about?

To add to that.

10-9. Gangbusters? Kobe is dead on right. That ain't gangbusters.
D'Antoni is also right. He has young guys, he wants them to be proud, he absolutely went to bat for them, as he should. Phil would have done the same. But Kobe don't bs. He's seen and done it all, 10-9 don't impress him, nor should it.

Look at this quote right here......

drop us in the east, we would've been 4th

Look where your head is at. The LA LAKERS, and we worried over what conference we play in, and it's "not fair" we have to play in the West? :lol: :lol:

Yet some of you mock me for wanting to tank and pick up a franchise player for free? :lol:

10-9, and a couple nights ago you guys had your sights set on playoffs. A guy comes in off an achilles, isn't shooting too much, overpassing in fact, and because we go 0-2 (with two other PG's missing in action) you go straight for him, and then include a loss to OKC, like what, we were gonna win that game comin up with or without him anyways? :rofl: :rofl:

At this point, it was inevitable. You guys were going to *****, just to *****. Admit it. No matter what, you were waiting in the wings to get bent on a guy that is essentially rushing back from injury to help, in a year in which you WANT to win, and other Laker fans don't want us to win and wish he would sit longer just to be safe. :lol:

But hey, we'll just "move him to PG" after 18 years. Nobody will have to adjust their roles at all.

Oh, I forgot to mention, shame on Kobe's defense for letting Amir Johnson get a career high in points against us, on like 12 of 15 shooting. Shame on Kobe (and the lack of Farmar :lol: ) for that happening

Oh wait........

Last edited:
Uhh.. what cp said... but also what ska is implying... and I agree with rck tooI'm trying my best LTB, pls be proud

Seaman up you're already one of my favorite posters in the thread and you're relatively new.

You've made me proud, young grasshopper.

Is it weird I feel like Kobe's Adidas line was so much better than his Nike line. Even The Kobe II, even though ridiculous looking, at least was novel and different. Nostalgia also plays a role and I'd be lying if I didn't admit it. But overall, Nike's Kobe's shoes always look the same to me. 

Except that THE KOBE line was horrible on the court. THE KOBE 1 was OK, but the 2 was terrible, regardless of how it looked. Even Kobe switched back to wearing the 1s in the '02 playoffs before leaving the brand.

I just find it funny though how Adidas call all of Kobe's Adidas signature shoe line "AdidasThe Crazy 1 " whenever they retro his shoes :lol:

It's a unspoken and topic but both Adidas & Kobe know that it's a straight jab & diss at Kobe for leaving 3 stripes.

They have no shame.

View media item 691565
It's pretty pathetic on their part, but I'm amped for the shoes so I can't say much

Last edited:
how is it pathetic?

they paying homage to a legend.

i just hope i can get a pair.

i remember some kid had em in 3rd grade and everybody was like damn did u go to kobes house and get them.. meanwhile i was chillin in my la gears

You know, you would think that 'replace role player w/ all time great' would be a GOOD thing, but nah. "Farmar's out. It's not Kobe. It's... Farmar." Our season doesn't rest on someone being hailed as a top 3 all time; it rests on... c'mon, man, I can't even say it without laughing... our season rests on Jordan freaking Farmar. Kobe can come back, but if it's not w/ JORDAN FARMAR... tank the season, there's no point.

It.

Is NEVER.

Kobe.

laugh.gif

It just... never is.

His legacy, in my mind, will be (and there's not even a second place): the single most fortunate, protected player in all my years watching sports.

Literally, from the beginning: "It's not him. It's ________." If I've heard it once...

Last edited:

You know, you would think that 'replace role player w/ all time great' would be a GOOD thing, but nah. "Farmar's out. It's not Kobe. It's... Farmar. Our season doesn't rest on someone being hailed as a top 3 all time; it rests on... c'mon, man, I can't even say it without laughing... our season rests on Jordan freaking Farmar. Kobe can come back, but if it's not w/ JORDAN FARMAR... tank the season, there's no point.

It.

Is NEVER.

Kobe.

laugh.gif

It just... never is.

His legacy, in my mind, will be (and there's not even a second place): the single most fortunate, protected player in all my years watching sports.

Literally, from the beginning: "It's not him. It's ________." If I've heard it once...

what farmar does is give the bench stability/more depth especially when nash is out. we've all seen what farmar can do under this system and we can all agree that he has improved a lot since his last time with the lakers.

does the season rest on farmar? no. is he one of the key pieces that keeps the bench going? YES

the lakers currently have one pg in the lineup. the gawd steve blake already plays with the first unit right now, he cant do it all.

yeah, kobes return resulted in a 0-2 record but its not like hes jacking up shots. he tried playing the facilitating role his first game back and played off ball, setting screens for blake in his second game back. they are still trying to figure out how to integrate him in the offense as he is also trying to figure out what he can/cant do and try to implement that to the team. he cant make up the team chemistry gained through training camp, preseason, and the first ~20 games in just 2 games

Last edited:
You know, you would think that 'replace role player w/ all time great' would be a GOOD thing, but nah. "Farmar's out. It's not Kobe. It's... Farmar. Our season doesn't rest on someone being hailed as a top 3 all time; it rests on... c'mon, man, I can't even say it without laughing... our season rests on Jordan freaking Farmar. Kobe can come back, but if it's not w/ JORDAN FARMAR... tank the season, there's no point.

It.

Is NEVER.

Kobe.

:lol:

It just... never is.

Uh, yeah, I'm pretty sure you've been told SEVERAL times this year, this team isn't hinging on ANYTHING.

This team, is, not, good.

What were YOU hoping for? Kobe to sit out, and ride Farmar and Nick Young to the chip? Cuz I'm more than sure that several Laker fans saw that writing on the wall and said PUNT. Get a top draft pick. Hey, Damian Lillard went 6th, and that wasn't even a great draft, but no, we don't need the 7th overall pick in a loaded draft, let's run for the title with Farmar and Wes Johnson!!!!!!

We all saw it last year, why you can't get it together this year is beyond me.

Nash went down, fine. Still have Blake + Kobe + Ron + Pau + Dwight

Blake went down, and so did the season. TWO point guards down, and it was a TERRIBLE effect for the Lakers, even with all the vets, HOFers, etc on the roster still.

In a POINT GUARD LEAGUE.

Here we are, yet again, two PG's down. And you guys struggle to grasp that's a huge hole.

WHO PLAYS THE POINT WHEN BLAKE SITS NOW FELLAS? WHOOOOOOO????????

Someone that isn't a point guard, that's who. X. Nick Young. Or Kobe Bryant. 3, non, point guards.

Gee, why would any team struggle with that happenin?

Good thing we are strong down low to compensate, Pau, Kaman, Sacre.........oh, no, that ain't a thing, is it?

Weird. 2 missing PG's, a terrible frontcourt outside of Hill, and a bunch of really good wings.

And we're 10-11, who woulda thought?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kobe coming back and getting used to playing nba basketball

farmar being out

pau being pau

dantoni learning to work his rotations with kobe in the lineup

some ball watching which is caused by kobe holding the ball (not to say kobe is entirely to blame)

These are all factors for our past two losses. Lets stop talking about how its all kobes fault or how none of it should be on kobe

how is it pathetic?

they paying homage to a legend.

i just hope i can get a pair.

i remember some kid had em in 3rd grade and everybody was like damn did u go to kobes house and get them.. meanwhile i was chillin in my la gears

Cause they're hanging onto Kobe for dear life to make them money, and they have been since '06. It's sad on their part. But like I said I don't care much because I get the opportunity to get the shoes.

Kobe doesn't like them all but using his name and image. I heard a rumor that he changed his jersey to 24 in part because adidas kept using 8 (this was around the time adidas started retroing the Crazy 8 and 1). Sounds like a reach though.

Kobe coming back and getting used to playing nba basketball

farmar being out

pau being pau

dantoni learning to work his rotations with kobe in the lineup

some ball watching which is caused by kobe holding the ball (not to say kobe is entirely to blame)

These are all factors for our past two losses. Lets stop talking about how its all kobes fault or how none of it should be on kobe

Exactly, this team is the definition of thrown together at almost every level. If things start falling apart there is no way to trace it to one thing, so don't try. Not even sarcastically :smile:

You know, you would think that 'replace role player w/ all time great' would be a GOOD thing, but nah. "Farmar's out. It's not Kobe. It's... Farmar." Our season doesn't rest on someone being hailed as a top 3 all time; it rests on... c'mon, man, I can't even say it without laughing... our season rests on Jordan freaking Farmar. Kobe can come back, but if it's not w/ JORDAN FARMAR... tank the season, there's no point.

It.

Is NEVER.

Kobe.

:lol:

It just... never is.

:lol:, I tototally forgot, you almost got this past me, but uh, Kobe coming back, from what, vacation?

You failed to mention that Kobe, who hasn't even dribbled a ball in 6 months, comes back, AT THE NBA LEVEL and started playing, what, 3 weeks ago? A month? And TWO GAMES in, TWO GAMES Ska, you already on him for not winning games??????????

You're real with this? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well the planes about to take off to shanghai, please dont have too many arguments without me

catch yall on the flipity flip

Back
Top Bottom