[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Last time I check, Heat sweep Lakers last year, and Lebron owns the head 2 head match over Kobe. 
The reality for the lakers is despair, because the fans still hope for a turnaround. I learned that there can be no true despair without hope and the Lakers will feed its fans hope to poison their souls. A championship is all the laker fans wanted. So easy…, so simple… and like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying.
The Lakers stand the symbol of oppression. The Lakers, where hundreds of men have languished under the name of this man, Kobe Bryant, who has been held up to you as the shining example of basketball excellences! You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you tearing down this corrupt team!
 On April 19, 2014, you will watch the playoffs as the lakers sit out and when you guys have truly understood the depth of their failure you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.

False Idol:

favorite kobe prelude shoe?

what should we do with pau?

guess CP's age

favorite swaggy p moment

or just tank or no tank so we can see what our demographics are 

cant lie, i find this guy pretty entertaining 
roll.gif

well when hes still playing for us then people expect him to contribute in a positive way to the team. when kobe is old and burnt out it will be things like "wow he's a step slow, he needs to hang em up" but it will never be lack of effort, with pau its a lack of effort.

Back to this...

With Pau I don't even think it's a lack of effort. He just looks like his time has passed.

I know that his past successes don't mean anything for what the Lakers are trying to accomplish now, and if a player is on the team he is expected to contribute.

If he's not contributing, I expect a backlash. But if it's a star who helped us win championships... I expect the backlash to be different than it were for Kwame Brown, who never did anything of importance for us.

if he gets traded/moves to another team this off season he will get a huge standing O when he visits staples and he will deserve every clap of it

Yes. But this is what I'm talking about... I feel like a lot of fans don't feel this way anymore.

I guess I can't blame fans if they do want to treat him poorly though, because ever since mid 2011 he hasn't been able to shoulder the load like a star. It's just still hard for me to fathom personally.

Last edited:
well its a combination of factors, not having the same drive after winning multiple championships (this happens to a lot of players: dirk, wade, shaq), getting older/slower, dealing with coaching changes that eventually moved him from low block to the elbow. 

all these factors make it harder and harder for him to get motivated/hungry to go out and dominate which will lead to a lack of effort. he's past his prime and will never be that pau again but i think the problem is that he has accepted that he will never be that guy again while guys like kobe/MJ will believe that they are the best player on the floor till the day they die

real fans will always have a deep appreciation for what he has done for our franchise but regardless of what fans think of his cumulative contributions to the team we will still comment on when he looks soft and/or isnt playing well.

thats just how i feel at least, sure there are fans that dont understand how much he contributed to our titles but theres nothing we can do about that

There is no more amnesty. Please stop suggesting it. Ron was amnestied, we do not get another.
sorry, when do we get another one?

Never. 1 time deal for each team. We used it for Ron.

Wow thats a dumb rule. Should get one every 5 years.
View media item 689676
Can't wait for Xmas, like 9/11, Laker fans never forget, LEBRON IS GOD:pimp: !!!!
Lmao. Lebreezy even prays to kobe

There is no more amnesty. Please stop suggesting it. Ron was amnestied, we do not get another.
it was a compromise during the lockout negotiations 

dont need an amnesty if we dont sign players to dumb contracts

should never reward teams for making dumb decisions 

well what if players decline suddenly? Like rashard lewis?

well what if players decline suddenly? Like rashard lewis?
sucks to be you (team that signed the player)

its a business and every business deal has a risk factor

as a business, a nba franchise has to take responsibility for when a poor decision is made 

rather than cry about it like dan gilbert 

Ino but the fans are the ones whk suffer watching a mediocre team that cant improve due to salary limits.

This game is entertainment, for the fans. Everything done should be because of the fans.

Back
Top Bottom