[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Means you're sitting BOTH Young, and X? Meeks/Wes more spot up catch and shoots.

Leaves only Farmar and this Kobe to create.

Hope X finds a real good niche off Kobe, Ariza like but can dribble.
laugh.gif
well in past years its just been kobe creating by himself, kobe AND farmar is enough shot creation

but if meeks is not feeling it or we need to be more dynamic i would put in X over young

let dantoni figure the new rotations out and get kobe back into a grove and we will be fine

people expecting kobe to come back and instantly lead us to 50 wins and a trip to the finals 
mean.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2 games ago we was talkin 5th seed, coach of the year, 50 wins......

2 games. :lol: :lol:

Need to change everybody's SN to pendulum in here. :lol:

Go find where I said he was coach of the year, or praising his coaching style.

He's a joke, our defense is hoping for unforced errors, hoping teams miss, how the **** are you going to constantly switch the pick and roll and have a mismatch every time and consider that defense.

*****WTBS he's a gimmick coach, always has been, always will be.

But you are pro tank so i'm sure you are totally fine with this garbage display of basketball.

Correct.

This was KNOWN coming. 24 of next 36 on road, and lose first two at home to Raps/Suns???? Now OKC up next, Grizz comin up.....brace everyone.

Farmar injury KILLS. 1-3 Since he went down, and that win was a 10 point collapse by the Kings.

Also, the "fun" group was about, Fun. Enjoy playing, bein a Laker, ballin.
Now? Kobe's back, we have to win, make playoffs, pressure, pressure, pressure.....when Wes, X, Young, learn about pressure? Pau hasn't handled pressure in 3 years.

Dynamic has changed. And Kobe hasn't even strangled the ball, or yelled at anyone, its just normal applied pressure. Some can handle, some have to learn. That is what they're doing.

Gonna take time y'all. And I doubt there will be patience in our fanbase, which creates what????

Pressure.

On Jim, Mitch, Mike, young players, Injured players, etc etc.

Mosk, I didn't say you specifically.

This thread, diff folks, 5th seed, COY, 50 wins, etc.

Not you yourself sayin those things.

Mosk, I didn't say you specifically.

This thread, diff folks, 5th seed, COY, 50 wins, etc.

Not you yourself sayin those things.

Alright fair enough.

My hatred for Mike D'antoni is only rivaled by Paul Pierce, biggest scumbags in the league.

too add to the pressure thing CP was talking about, this whole season dantoni had free rein over the rotations

at the start of games, in the middle of games, at the end of games he plays whoever he thinks will give us the best chance of being successful 

now he has to play the 4 best people and kobe, ideally kobe playing is a good thing but as a coach it limits how he can work the lineup as kobe always has to be on the floor and it has shown these past games

Kobe had an ok game. Looked better. Less stiff.

The regression of nick you from just last year saddens me. I know he's a rhythm player. But with kobe back I fear he'll never get the minutes he needs to find his rhythm. Of course that's his responsibility but still. Dude plays with such joy. Him and wes. This team definitely misses Jordan farmar. Pau is beyond frustrating to watch. And what's even worse is we don't have another option. We're stuck with him. Our defense has disappeared these last few games. Our hustle has vanished. Heart is absent. Enthusiasm gone. That was so new for us. So fresh. Is that the kobe effect? Idk I don't get it. There was a point in the last couple weeks where I wouldn't even trip if we got down 5-10-15 puts because this team, specifically the bench could spaz on a run and cook off a quick 12 13 pts. Now these guys haven't even been able to close a gap of 5 pts. Ahhh the frustrations of lakerdom. It's a gift and a curse to expect perfection constantly.

Another question for you guys...how does the locker room situation work at the staples center? 3 sets? Lakers clippers and away? Do clippers and lakers share home and away? Do they change it each time the guys go in? Do they have to clean out their lockers every night? Lol weird

the road team uses the other teams locker

if the heat play the lakers they will use the clippers locker room and if they play the clippers they will use our locker room

most arenas with nba/nhl/wnba teams get their lockers cleaned out each night anyways 

Last edited:
This isn't bad at all for Team tank :nerd: :pimp: . Bean can pile up all the points he wants. just keep losing.

I can't watch games anymore on my laptop... It really is a pain in the *** now.

Move to the west coast b,

Pau has replaced steve Blake as most hated player.

Dude looks lost out there. Now he yells and adds grimaces to his face to show kobe he is trying, and whats uo with kobe tryna incorporate pau in every play. Kobe needs to get off oaus nutsack and let the lakers amnesty him or trade him for 2 round pix

I can't watch games anymore on my laptop... It really is a pain in the *** now.
Move to the west coast b,

Pau has replaced steve Blake as most hated player.

Dude looks lost out there. Now he yells and adds grimaces to his face to show kobe he is trying, and whats uo with kobe tryna incorporate pau in every play. Kobe needs to get off oaus nutsack and let the lakers amnesty him or trade him for 2 round pix
indifferent.gif

:rofl: brah last season blake was garbage this year he looks like his angus has been prepared properly and hss ballinn

too add to the pressure thing CP was talking about, this whole season dantoni had free rein over the rotations

at the start of games, in the middle of games, at the end of games he plays whoever he thinks will give us the best chance of being successful 

now he has to play the 4 best people and kobe, ideally kobe playing is a good thing but as a coach it limits how he can work the lineup as kobe always has to be on the floor and it has shown these past games

Adding to that.

Year started, Nash, Blake, Williams, Pau, Kaman.

Nash down.
Kaman down.

Blake, Meeks, Young, Williams, Pau.
Farmar, X, Wes, Hill bench core.

Farmar goes down.

Now Kobe is in.

Roles, lineups, minutes, all adjusting/re-setting every 4-5 game's.

You can't just say we're 10-9 and haven't even had Kobe, and expect to just insert a body and it won't affect 4-5-6 other guys.

A week ago the closing lineup was Farmar, Meeks, Young, Wes, Hill.
Tonight, Blake, Kobe, X, Young, Pau.

You can't be surprised at no flow, no rhythm.

And Mike is no defensive guru, but your late game lineup is those 5, who's makin a stop? Don't blame Mike cuz Blake, Kobe, Pau and 2 others don't smother someone.

Phil had Fish, Prime Kobe, Ariza-Ron, LO, and either Pau or Bynum defending late in games. Tonight's team look like that for Mike?

Phil could teach Blake, 36 year old achilles, Dead man Pau and Nick Young to get stops????????

Come on Laker fam. Be honest with yourselves. It's fine to have heart, and demand wins, but be smart and honest too.

You want stops? Fine. Which of these five can be out there to get stops, THEN score 5-6 points just to tie?

You guys gotta be honest these days. Otherwise you're all gonna melt down over this season.

There is no more amnesty. Please stop suggesting it. Ron was amnestied, we do not get another.

I can never be mad at Pau Gasol, even if he makes the full transformation into Spanish Kwame Brown (he's close). Disappointed and frustrated, but never mad.

The guy turned us into instant contenders and won us two championships. Plus it's not like his piss poor play this year is holding us back from being great or anything.

He got old. His contract is about to be up. But he was a true Laker star once upon a time. Were people calling for James Worthy's head when he started showing age in 93?

PS Steve Blake was pretty solid last year.

Last edited:
with pau is kind of like your family dog that you will always love

at some point he just cant do it anymore and you have to put him out of his misery, but that doesnt mean you dont still remember all the great times you had with him

with pau is kind of like your family dog that you will always love

at some point he just cant do it anymore and you have to put him out of his misery, but that doesnt mean you dont still remember all the great times you had with him

Of course, but I sense more hostility from most fans when they talk about him, like he's always been this bad and worthless.

I don't think fans will turn on Kobe when his skill fades. They'll be frustrated and say it's time to hang it up, but they won't turn on him. Pau wasn't a great Laker player for as long a stretch as Kobe, but I think he deserves the same.

Back
Top Bottom