[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
ball is gonna stick to kobe's hands smh I just know it....

Ya'll have to admit... while they may not be superstars, they are a fun group to watch, cus EVERYONE contributes here and there...
I just have this funny feeling kobe is gonna eff up the chemistry this group has built... but let's see if kobe really has been watching how this team is playing
and how he will integrate himself

ball is gonna stick to kobe's hands smh I just know it....

Ya'll have to admit... while they may not be superstars, they are a fun group to watch, cus EVERYONE contributes here and there...
I just have this funny feeling kobe is gonna eff up the chemistry this group has built... but let's see if kobe really has been watching how this team is playing
and how he will integrate himself

At the same time he is what that bunch needs. The reason we are 9-8, and not 12-5 is because we don't have a number 1 scorer to settle down runs from the other team, or to help us in the final minutes of the game.

The team is also 9-8 because they at least attempt to get in a defensive stance. :tongue:

Pau is again our leading scorer.

Xavier Henry will likely fade out of the rotation.

Really can't justify taking minutes away from Blake, Farmar, Meeks, Young, Wes before you take all of Xavier's.

PG: Blake (28) / Farmar (20)
SG: Kobe (24) / Meeks (24)
SF: Wes (18) / Nick (24) / Kobe (6)

Starts to get a little fuzzy at the 4/5 because we don't know how Kaman gets added back into the shuffle...

Hill, Wes, Shawne play the 4... Some Pau if Kaman goes back into the rotation
Pau, Hill, maybe Kaman.

Last edited:
Kobe possibly coming back Friday?

django-calvin-candy.gif

8th seed with one of the toughest schedules and no Kobe :pimp:

ON PAPER.... I don't fear any of the top 5 teams. the west is tough but there is no juggernaut team like Miami. a healthy Kobe and one or two smooth moves from Mitch and Jim and we might have a legit contender.

Honesty time Laker fans, do y'all really want Kobe back?? This team looks like they're having hella fun out there, are playing some defense, and getting great ball movement. I still hate them regardless, but that stuff is refreshing. Seems equivalent to the regular buzz kill teacher being on sick leave and all the students are having fun like they never have before, but they know the fun will stop sooner or later.

^^yes. Because every respectable team needs a go to guy. Let alone one of that calibur. U can split his isos 5050 on the low block/wings or run high pick at the top and itll do wonders. Open looks everywhere. And he can play hero ball if u need a few buckets to close a gap ot extend a lead.

Honesty time Laker fans, do y'all really want Kobe back?? This team looks like they're having hella fun out there, are playing some defense, and getting great ball movement. I still hate them regardless, but that stuff is refreshing. Seems equivalent to the regular buzz kill teacher being on sick leave and all the students are having fun like they never have before, but they know the fun will stop sooner or later.

Is this like when Dwight Howard has a great free throw night, it seems like hope has shined anew, and then the next night he is throwing the ball at the backboard?

it's possible that kobe will be a ball stopper but the team will eventually have to learn to play with someone like kobe anyways. its fun now but its not like we want to play hard and have fun with these guys for the next 3 years. We are looking to sign a big free agent this off season, and every team has to learn to play around their star players so might as well get it over with sooner than later.

Is this like when Dwight Howard has a great free throw night, it seems like hope has shined anew, and then the next night he is throwing the ball at the backboard?
i know this feel :wow:

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to see how the Lakers adjust their playstyle when Kobe gets back. Right now their pace is one of the highest in the league.

I
laugh.gif
at people who say Kobe will disrupt this blah blah, at the end of the day, there are no prizes for playing .500 "team ball." Almost every championship team needs that star that can isolate their man and dominate.

If Mamba Johnson is who we get, it's... CURTAINS.

obviously, however he's going to come back is how he's practicing right now. And if he's practicing with the team right now and showing them better ways to do exactly what they're already doing at .500, and he comes in both as a breakdown facilitator and lethal scorer, #TankDerailed

what would it take to officially dead all this tank talk? Kobe back healthy? 5 game win streak? playoff berth for the rest of the month? :nerd:

make me mod and i will ban on sight, on sight

[interlude]he'll give us what we need
it may not be what we want[/interlude]

Honestly i think Lakers will sweep Houston in the playoff and send Houston fans home crying. :D

Back
Top Bottom