[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Like I said, I'm not completely with tanking. I get the concept. I'm not stupid. I'm just not with it, totally. Not totally against it.

But I've never questioned your loyalty to the squad.

So does it sicken you that people don't understand being terrible in order to be great...

... or does it sicken you that people tell you that you ain't a fan?

Sickens me dudes can't understand trading 1 year for a chance to excel again very, very quickly.

I lived thru 91-95, it SUCKED. We were blessed with West and Buss pulling off Shaq/Kobe.

Right now, we are trying to land that Kobe piece, to sign a Shaq piece later.

Being the Sedale Threat Lakers won't get that done. Fan cards......kiss my *** with them fan cards. Some of us actually know how the NBA works. Use your pom poms somewhere else for mediocrity.
well u can kiss my *** w/ ur loser mentality. u think wiggins or parkers gonna take us to the championship in a couple years when kobe is 38?? LOL ur not a realist bro so just sit down. do us all laker "FANS" (those who want their teams to do well) a favor and "the **** up" w/ ur tanking desires. replace ur sig w/ the Miami Heat and all ur laker posts will make sense to me

lakers are missing their best player too so stop having such strong opinions about the team u really stubborn dude.

and u think u know... but u really have no idea...

"They playin for their NBA lives"

"Brings us closer together as a team"

Cool, while you enjoy watching the Lakers with the ladies from The View, some of us have dreams of actually winning more championships.

So please, continue to root like hell for all that togetherness you seek. Have fun with that. But don't call out fans with bigger goals than your lame ones.

We don't "enjoy" losing, we enjoy getting closer to a potential franchise player that would "cheaply" be under our control for 7 years while we try to put pieces around him. We're rooting for that.

You're rooting for wins......in November.

Like I said, I'm not completely with tanking. I get the concept. I'm not stupid. I'm just not with it, totally. Not totally against it.

So does it sicken you that people don't understand being terrible in order to be great...

:lol: let them tell ME I'm not a fan. :lol: Let them.

Stupidity, sickens me.

I'm fine if they don't want to partake. Totally get that.
Maybe they don't know the upcoming draft well, or new CBA, or free agents upcoming. I get that. But we have explained, in here, over, and over, and over, and over the plan/goal/hope, fall back options, secondary plans, adjusted to Kobe's contract, etc etc. And people just ignore all that, pull thru with "we're playing together" and then demand MY fancard?!??!!??!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What we should do is demand each of those type dudes to spell out how to get the Lakers back in the next two years. Specific players, picks, money, all within CBA, let us see which "fans" really care about their Lakers.

I'd love to see their attempts. Teach me how to be a "real" fan y'all. Educate me.

@Lacrimestopper bruh stop it. Whether we're pro/anti-tank, we all just want the Lakers to succeed, just in different ways.

Last edited:
Truly hope those of you who condone quitting dont go about your own personal life problems or issues in the same way.

Kobe or no Kobe this team isn't awful enough to be in a position to draft a Wiggins, Parker or Smart.

D'antoni isn't trying to lose his job for that. Kobe's not wasting 1 of his final 3 years for that.

Give it up, y'all are annoying as hell.

Yes, cuz there is only 3 good players in this draft............

Do you people watch basketball outside just the Lakers? Honest question.

laugh.gif
let them tell ME I'm not a fan.
laugh.gif
Let them.

Stupidity, sickens me.

I'm fine if they don't want to partake. Totally get that.
Maybe they don't know the upcoming draft well, or new CBA, or free agents upcoming. I get that. But we have explained, in here, over, and over, and over, and over the plan/goal/hope, fall back options, secondary plans, adjusted to Kobe's contract, etc etc. And people just ignore all that, pull thru with "we're playing together" and then demand MY fancard?!??!!??!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What we should do is demand each of those type dudes to spell out how to get the Lakers back in the next two years. Specific players, picks, money, all within CBA, let us see which "fans" really care about their Lakers.

I'd love to see their attempts. Teach me how to be a "real" fan y'all. Educate me.
LMAO wow this dude really thinks he knows everything... like he thinks hes got all the pieces of the puzzle connected together already or something LOL

So why do we need to tank if this draft is stacked?

Why do you guys post these dudes highlights after every one of their games.

Been watching and have played ball entire life. I've said it on this forum many of times, I love my Lakers but I love the game of basketball even more.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth but yall go ahead and openly admit to being a quitter. Like I said the coaches arent going to lose their jobs for it, Kobes not wasting one of his final years, hell a lot of our team is made up of 1 year contracts and are trying to continue playing in the NBA. Tanking is not going to happen so theres no reason to keep *****ing and moaning about it.

@Lacrimestopper bruh stop it. Whether we're pro/anti-tank, we all just want the Lakers to succeed, just in different ways.
lol why me? im trying to bring positivity in here LOL we dont need any more negativity (CP) this yr. were doing a lot better than most have projected so why not cheer for our team? lol 

i cant believe i have to ask this: "why not cheer for our team?"

Last edited:
i think this falls under the category of "who cares what random people online think, root for the lakers in a way that feels right for you"

lol why me? im trying to bring positivity in here LOL we dont need any more negativity (CP) this yr. were doing a lot better than most have projected so why not cheer for our team? lol 

I'm sayin' :lol:

To the pro-quitting folks:

View media item 673220

So why do we need to tank if this draft is stacked?

Why do you guys post these dudes highlights after every one of their games.

Been watching and have played ball entire life. I've said it on this forum many of times, I love my Lakers but I love the game of basketball even more.

I'm not going to get into a back and forth but yall go ahead and openly admit to being a quitter. Like I said the coaches arent going to lose their jobs for it, Kobes not wasting one of his final years, hell a lot of our team is made up of 1 year contracts and are trying to continue playing in the NBA. Tanking is not going to happen so theres no reason to keep *****ing and moaning about it.
CP, start taking notes

I'm not defending anybody, it's just that this pro or anti-tanking issue has been discussed over and over in the past. Different people in this thread got different opinions on this matter. If ppl are pro/anti-tanking, let them be, no need to go against each other.

@CP bruh, just let some things pass. We already got your point, heck we are on that same 'pro-tank' idea. Woozah

EDIT. And we all want the same thing right?

View media item 673225
Carry on Lakerbros

Last edited:

Some don't.

Some do, but realize that every draft is full of homeruns, and weak grounders. Guarantee them that tanking will result in a HR and they'll be on board. You can't, so they're not.

And that totally makes sense.

Yes, yes he does. 
laugh.gif

Well, it's partially that he thinks he knows everything, and partially that he expects everyone watches their teams with grandiose plans of improvement. He doesn't get that some people... just watch.

I don't have a 10-year plan for my teams, either. I understand some people have that need, but I don't. I have 10-year plans for things I can control.

He doesn't get being a fan like that. I can hear his keyboard now. "HOW can you be a fan and not want the team to get better?! You want your team to win championships, right?! I mean, if not, then why watch?"

Thing he doesn't realize is that some of realize that WE CONTROL NOTHING, so we have less than 0% desire to spend time talking about how we think things need to be in order to improve.

Good point Ska.

Those folks that "just watch"....gonna tell folks that live and breath this franchise to "turn in their fancard"?

When they "just watch"?

They all rootin for .500, we aren't demanding their fancards.

They can root for 41-41, fine, just don't be callin out folks with bigger goals for this franchise. I'm not puttin up with that noise.

Just look at some of the guys pro tank, Laker fans I remember back to the 06 days. These "fans" gummin me out right now I barely ever heard of. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom