[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Combination of road games and B2Bs, yea we're in for a pickle.

giphy.gif

The schedule in December is not bad at all. There are 2 back-to-backs and those games would be presumed losses anyway... @MEM, @GSW are both 2nd of back-to-back. Games vs. MIA, @OKC are losses. Every other game is winnable.

This is also not the Lakers team of old (figurative, and literal). They are not better, but the biggest thing is they are not old.

Last edited:
blake god averaging 9.1 assists in the past 10 games 

white mamba holding it down until kobe gets back.

Lakers will go 3-12 in December.
Callin it here and now.

12/1 vs Blazers (L) Portland one of the hottest teams right now
12/6 @ Kings (L) those guys, no matter what the roster always play us tough in cowtown.
12/8 vs Raptors (W)
12/10 vs Suns (W)
12/13 @ Thunder (L) One of the toughest buildings for visitors to play in against a contender.
12/14 @ Bobcats (L) Its the Bobcats. CMON.
12/16 @ Hawks ((L) We barely beat them at Staples, law of payback applies here.
12/17 @ Grizzlies (L) They beat us at Staples, they should be able to beat us in Memphis.
12/20 vs Timberwolves (L) Repeat of what happened last time they were at Staples.
12/21 @ Warriors (L) Thompson, Curry and Iggy will shoot our eyes out in their arena.
12/23 @ Suns (L) road game. Plus I have em beating the Suns on the 10th. Payback.
12/25 vs Heat (L) World Champs with the best player in the world in his prime. Loss.
12/26 @ Jazz (W) Law of averages gives the Lakers a win.
12/29 vs 76ers (L)
12/31 vs Bucks (L)

That should put us in the lottery

i see you deezy with the 12-3 prediction :smokin

I think Trudell posted two nights ago 24 of the next 36 games are on the road.

18-6 on road games. you heard it here first.

Lakers will go 3-12 in December.
Callin it here and now.

12/1 vs Blazers (L) Portland one of the hottest teams right now
12/6 @ Kings (L) those guys, no matter what the roster always play us tough in cowtown.
12/8 vs Raptors (W)
12/10 vs Suns (W)
12/13 @ Thunder (L) One of the toughest buildings for visitors to play in against a contender.
12/14 @ Bobcats (L) Its the Bobcats. CMON.
12/16 @ Hawks ((L) We barely beat them at Staples, law of payback applies here.
12/17 @ Grizzlies (L) They beat us at Staples, they should be able to beat us in Memphis.
12/20 vs Timberwolves (L) Repeat of what happened last time they were at Staples.
12/21 @ Warriors (L) Thompson, Curry and Iggy will shoot our eyes out in their arena.
12/23 @ Suns (L) road game. Plus I have em beating the Suns on the 10th. Payback.
12/25 vs Heat (L) World Champs with the best player in the world in his prime. Loss.
12/26 @ Jazz (W) Law of averages gives the Lakers a win.
12/29 vs 76ers (L)
12/31 vs Bucks (L)

That should put us in the lottery

LL

From a couple of nights ago:

LL

Last edited:
Went to the game last night, game started very well...
Blake is really benefitting from this system, Meeks and Farmer too
Nick Young is a 6 man fellas, his role is to come in and score... Just like Harden, Crawford, etc. Dude is like tied for our leading scorer
Wes is coming a lot... He's D is solid... Just athletic as heck.
Hill is coming along great

It was wayyyy more Laker fans then Nets fans.. But Barclay Center is NICE!
People didn't know how to get to the game, so asked to follow me on the train.. Calling me Kobe lol

View media item 672048

View media item 672049

Went to the game last night, game started very well...
Blake is really benefitting from this system, Meeks and Farmer too
Nick Young is a 6 man fellas, his role is to come in and score... Just like Harden, Crawford, etc. Dude is like tied for our leading scorer
Wes is coming a lot... He's D is solid... Just athletic as heck.
Hill is coming along great

It was wayyyy more Laker fans then Nets fans.. But Barclay Center is NICE!
People didn't know how to get to the game, so asked to follow me on the train.. Calling me Kobe lol

View media item 672048

View media item 672049

that jacket :nthat:

Thanks... Lol
Took me hours to decide lol

Saw some nice stuff!
Once dude had a stitched Dennis Rodman home Laker jersey, I've only seen iron ons
Saw a Ceballos (spell check) jersey
Stitched Nick Van Exel jersey
Eddie Jones Iron on
Kobe rookie jersey
2 old guys had matching original Laker starters, I had the recent one
HollyWood nights jerseys

And nice sneakers

Nick Young has been COOKING! Lakers leading scorer.. Off the bench. I know people don't care for him, but y'all know that's my boy! He's the 6th man, he's suppose to come in and shoot, like Harden in OKC and Crawford.. He's been doing good.. You gotta take the good with the bad.. Still shooting 49-50% Doe!

Blake has been playing great too.. Doing very well in this system, averaging 9.1 assist in the last 10 games.. Don't remember the last time we had a point guard doing that for us.

Meeks is playing well too! Proud of him. Shooting good and with confidence, even going to the hole.

Wes Johnson is a very solid player. Extremely athletic man. Nice defender too! Key steals last night!

Farmer! He's been cooking too! Great energy off the bench!! Blake gives it to you slow, Farmer relieves him and speeds it up.

Hill is looking great! Coming along very well!

Pau will be Pau.. Not the toughest, but gets the job done.. Finesse Player... Sometimes, I think y'all want him to be Z-Bo.. He's not.

I didn't realize until now we have another huge break after the game on Dec. 1

The schedule is so strange this season :lol:

Part of the reason why I hate that Kobe contract..

Is because it will prevent us from keeping this bench.

If we could have kept Kobe, Pau (Even at $24mil total (Kobe's first year salary of next contract, which would have meant Kobe $15mil, Pau $9mil. Which is well above what I wanted to pay for either). Then add another superstar. Kept most of this bench, and on the backside just add 1 more solid guy.

I would love our chances even more than when we were looking at last year's team on paper.

Last edited:
Sooo what's Jordan Hill's market value if he maintain his play (or close to it)?

Like $5-6 million per right?

Edit:

Actually, I take back that estimate. Maybe more in the $3-5 million range.

Last edited:
Flip him.

Love him, but he'll be 28, try to get younger/cheaper pieces for him. Don't spend the money to keep him.

Someone might get desperate and buy his hustle/rebounding. Could get a mid to late first with luck.

Flip him.

Love him, but he'll be 28, try to get younger/cheaper pieces for him. Don't spend the money to keep him.

Someone might get desperate and buy his hustle/rebounding. Could get a mid to late first with luck.

No. No. No.

I get the idea of getting more draft picks. But you can't teach the contributions of Jordan Hill.

He's the type of guy you need to win a title.

Picks = cheap.

Hill would no longer = cheap.

Need to cut corners now that 24 mil is spoken for.

Hill does same thing Faried did from his first game in the NBA. He was 18th pick or so. Doesn't cost 5-6 mil per.

Nick Young has been COOKING! Lakers leading scorer.. Off the bench. I know people don't care for him, but y'all know that's my boy! He's the 6th man, he's suppose to come in and shoot, like Harden in OKC and Crawford.. He's been doing good.. You gotta take the good with the bad.. Still shooting 49-50% Doe!

Blake has been playing great too.. Doing very well in this system, averaging 9.1 assist in the last 10 games.. Don't remember the last time we had a point guard doing that for us.

Meeks is playing well too! Proud of him. Shooting good and with confidence, even going to the hole.

Wes Johnson is a very solid player. Extremely athletic man. Nice defender too! Key steals last night!

Farmer! He's been cooking too! Great energy off the bench!! Blake gives it to you slow, Farmer relieves him and speeds it up.

Hill is looking great! Coming along very well!

Pau will be Pau.. Not the toughest, but gets the job done.. Finesse Player... Sometimes, I think y'all want him to be Z-Bo.. He's not.

Do you have a full res version of your avy? I need a new desktop.

Back
Top Bottom