[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Ok I get it no matter how stupid something typed about the lakers in here is we cant disagree with it here no problem I can respect that

Happy birthday ska!

If I was building a team to win championships I would take magic over kobe.

100% srs

let that be my gift to you (even though you dont care :smile: )

happy bday ska.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Lakers%20home%20jersey%20cake.JPG

Only addressing Kobe and Lebron both had a cast of losers on their teams at one point who played great together. No need for the pantyhose to slide any further :D

ok then you can pull the panties back up then...

Last edited:
"Most of us have aspirations for being businessmen when our playing careers are over," Bryant told Yahoo Sports in a corridor of the Verizon Center. "But that starts now. You have to be able to wear both hats. You can't sit up there and say, 'Well, I'm going to take substantially less because there's public pressure, because all of a sudden, if you don't take less, you don't give a crap about winning. That's total bull----.

"I'm very fortunate to be with an organization that understands how to take care of its players, and put a great team out on the floor. They've figured out how to do both.

"Most players in this league don't have that. They get stuck in a predicament – probably intentionally done by the teams – to force them to take less money. Meanwhile, the value of the organization goes through the roof off the backs of their quote, unquote selfless players.

"It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

As the franchise player for one of the most profitable franchises on the planet, a glamour organization that has historically been able to recruit top free agents, Bryant accepted an offer presented to him. "One meeting," he said, "and it was basically done."

looks like they are doing this to send a message to all franchise players that will hit FA soon

looks like they are doing this to send a message to all franchise players that will hit FA soon

great point and Kobe is the mouthpiece saying the buss fam took care of him when other owners would have been greedy. okc wouldn't pay harden, Cuban split a championship squad, wolves didn't lock up love when they had the chance, Boston traded pierce to speed up their rebuild etc but when you look at the lakers they take care of their own for the most part. they have nothing but ex lakers on the payroll at twc, after all the bs they still retired shaq's # asap, paid Kobe and plenty other examples. in a league with little to no loyalty this type of gesture is attractive to other players

No bench????? Have you watched any games this season? You do know we currently have the best bench in the league.. Not from a talent perspective, but from a production perspective.

Also I think you misread this entire situation... He is not showing up the owners. If he was he'd demand $25 mil or he was leaving. He didn't even make a pitch, that was the number put in front of him.

I don't for a second think winning is now no longer his #1 perspective.... It makes you question it for a brief moment, but this is not the guy to question his motives for winning.

I am not talking about this year. You think the Lakers will have 24 million dollar kobe, some other expensive free agent, and the best bench in the league production wise next year?

Yeah we should not question the Lord Savior Kobe Bryant. The same guy that shot the Lakers out of winning the Finals in 2004.

Back
Top Bottom