[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I legit think that the likes of Essential and CP have a more firm grasp on the Lakers money situation than Kobe, and I'm not sure if it's a credit to them, or a knock on them. :lol:

If only you could see my computer at work, my laptop, my file cabinets, or emails to my own self.....

:lol:

And I'm not even that smart. There is literally a ton I don't yet know.
But I search, and devour. It runs thru my head 24/7. Draft picks NFL (Dolphins), Free Agents/Draft NBA (Us), Minor League system MLB (Cubs), Recruiting NCAA (Miami), its always on. No matter what I do, 80% of my brain scans/scrolls info on these subjects.
I study history........like Jimmy Johnson in Dallas, then Miami. How the Colts built around Peyton. Green Bay. The Patriots.

I study Jerry West. All the way back to Mikan. Phil. UNLV, Fab Five, ACC.....Orlando now, some Utah, what OKC did, GS.

The Yankees. Devil Rays. Moneyball. Theo, Sox and Cubs.

Twitter helps a ton.

Tomorrow I go to work, short day, long weekend, I will update Dolphin spreadsheet, The U, Lakers, NBA Draft, 2014 and 2015 NFL Draft, and NBA Salary spreadsheets, then email all of them to myself so I can open on laptop at home to store them.

If I ever lose my job, my first fear will be losing my sheets, its why I update so often, then send to laptop, just in case. I worry about those, before I realize I'd be earning no more money. :lol: :lol: :smh:

Not sure what happened to me, but sports is wired into my soul. I'm pathetic. :smh:

It's the only thing I'm any "good" at. Not even playing sports.........following them, I guess.

I spent hours running numbers for 2014... I was on the verge of figuring out how to manage, manuever, draft, and create a fool proof team. And by verge, I mean I just had to figure out the order of everything to make sure we followed CBA to stay under cap to sign max players. Young with the exception of Kobe and couple of role players.. Scorers, Shooters, Slashers.. A **** ton of defense.. Under luxury tax as well.. Then Kobe and the Lakers just **** all over my hard work.. :smh:

View media item 670578

Last edited:
He's not lying at all. But there are rules to follow, that are beyond him.

I would have been comfortable with anything $15mil or lower in my opinion. Would have allowed for another max star. A second tier player as the third wheel. Kept a couple of bench guys. And have the MLE to make a final choice. The $23mil means only 1 max star. A couple of our bench players, and now you are near the cap space.

Unless Kobe knows something we don't (i.e. Lebron) then his salary was $8mil+ too much. Even more so when we waste more cap on Pau.

Also if we had a Superstar already. And the entire bench set.. And had only between $15-20mil left of cap space for next year, and Kobe signed this $23.5mil then $25mil deal, no one would complain. But it's the fact that we had a lot of cap space and then he signed.

We really had the money/financial flexibility to have Lowry/Kobe/Deng/Lebron/Pau and the exact same bench next year. Under luxury tax... It would have never happened, but the capability was there.

Last edited:
Kobe has to realize that most people do not really give a damn how much money he makes as long as the Lakers win. Fans do not gain anything from him showing up the owners or whatever he thinks he is doing.

Winning another ring is obviously not his #1 priority. If he had taken a pay cut then the Lakers would have been in a better position to win. He can dance around that all he wants and call people that wanted to him to take a pay cut ridiculous. It is more ridiculous to give 24 mil a year to someone with 1 good achilles and nearing 40.

Dude is delusional if he think he can still carry a team with no bench.

:lol: I think it's kinda funny how much Kobe sounds like Kanye, given his recent rantings

"I'm a multimillionaire but I still need more money!! I have to fight the system!!"

Last edited:
Kobe has to realize that most people do not really give a damn how much money he makes as long as the Lakers win. Fans do not gain anything from him showing up the owners or whatever he thinks he is doing.

Winning another ring is obviously not his #1 priority. If he had taken a pay cut then the Lakers would have been in a better position to win. He can dance around that all he wants and call people that wanted to him to take a pay cut ridiculous. It is more ridiculous to give 24 mil a year to someone with 1 good achilles and nearing 40.

Dude is delusional if he think he can still carry a team with no bench.

No bench????? Have you watched any games this season? You do know we currently have the best bench in the league.. Not from a talent perspective, but from a production perspective.

Also I think you misread this entire situation... He is not showing up the owners. If he was he'd demand $25 mil or he was leaving. He didn't even make a pitch, that was the number put in front of him.

I don't for a second think winning is now no longer his #1 perspective.... It makes you question it for a brief moment, but this is not the guy to question his motives for winning.

My dude Kobe deserves whatever number he gets he's Derek jeter status he can NEVER be overpaid

Those 3 straight finals trips without 2 other franchise players (1 HOF'er)and the greatest shooter ever solidified his nba legacy whatever happens after that is gravy on top.

It's easy for people to whine because he didnt take a pay cut but I don't think that's being very realistic :smh:.

Well they're not going to have much of a bench left with this Kobe contract + max player B + whatever else is left of the cap.

At least immediately.

what if they decide against signing another max guy this summer(really only lebron/melo). is it possible to keep the bench and use that max money to sign someone like deng+gortat

Last edited:
Didn't Kobe say he wants to retire with Pau or something to that effect. Is it even possible to sign a max contract and Pau AND decent rotation players? Even at his current state, he still commands a pretty decent salary.

Last edited:
This offseason doesn't really have much for "superstar" players coming into free agency right? What are the biggest names so far? Lebron and Melo? And the chances that either of them actually leave are slim to none. The Lakers can use the cap room they have to sign a really good player to play alongside Kobe, and still sign SOME of the bench that we have. How the numbers will work out is beyond me, I was never really into the whole numbers game, I leave that up to the people that care :lol:
All I really care for is the Lakers and them getting W's. Thats what it boils down to for me. As long as my team wins, thats it, thats all that matters.

[quote name="leemelone"]what if they decide against signing another max guy this summer(really only lebron/melo). is it possible to keep the bench and use that max money to sign someone like deng+gortat[/quote] Gortat + D'antoni = championship :nerd:

Gortat + D'antoni = championship
nerd.gif

Gortat + Deng + Rondo + Nate + Rudy + Nash + Stat + Marion + Bell + Diaw + Barbosa + D'Antoni = Championship.

One of these days you'll stop listing Gortat by himself and include the other 4 years worth of draft picks given away from an already 60 win team.

I'm so tired of people criticizing other players for turning down millions as if they would do it. Who gives away 20 million dollars in a world where nothing is guaranteed especially when talking about someone who has legitimately helped raise BILLIONS for this organization.

My dude Kobe deserves whatever number he gets he's Derek jeter status he can NEVER be overpaid

Those 3 straight finals trips without 2 other franchise players (1 HOF'er)and the greatest shooter ever solidified his nba legacy whatever happens after that is gravy on top.

It's easy for people to whine because he didnt take a pay cut but I don't think that's being very realistic :smh:.

Pau Gasol and Bynum weren't franchise players at the time?

I guess Odom Ariza and Artest were all trash then too right

Dudes stay trying to act like it was Kobe and a bunch of mannequins out there just to take pointless shots at LeBron

classy

They better not.

In this thread, Kobe's (Laker's) championships trump LeBron's (non-Laker's chips. If you want to argue that LeBron's championship were more impressive, do so in the Heat thread or NBA thread (neutral zone, although the mods in there are pretty terrible).

you want to build the argument on how Dunkan's rings are more impressive? Let's hear it... in the NBA thread or Spurs th... well, nevermind, just use the NBA thread.

In here, Magic's 9 trips in 12 years trump Jordan's 6 trips in 14 years (I mean, that's just simple math, actually). Disagree? NBA thread, or Bulls thread (they could use a break from discussing the current heartbreak they're going through).

And I must express my eternal hope that someone will entertain me by saying that the only reason I said all that is because I'm a Kobe fan. :lol: It's my birthday; amuse me. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom