[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
i wonder if they even negotiated
indifferent.gif
"Just make him the highest paid player in the NBA sight unseen coming off a terrible injury."

"Ok."

mean.gif

I don't even know what to say, it's not like he doesn't deserve that type of pay but at this time, with this team, I just can't understand it. Maybe they have something up their sleeve. Idk

Why didn't they just amnesty him in the past offseason and get ready to tank for the best draft in 20 years :frown: :frown: :frown:

Good for Kobe, bad for the lakers... Feels bad man.

I'm hoping that this is part of the "plan" and this is just another piece of the puzzle. Puzzling move, lakers FO.

WTH were they thinking?

Kobe obviously wants another title, so I don't get how he doesn't see what a stranglehold this extension puts on the team...

Even if they were to land Lebron this year, or Kevin Love the next, they're left with zero room to sign some good role players. Unless they re-sign all the guys they already have...

Or Kobe expects the other star to take the paycut :lol: :smh:

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 1m
Previously Lakers had targeted two max FAs. Kobe essentially becomes one of them

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 2m
Lakers wanted Kobe to be highest paid player in the league, and to save flexibility for max FA next summer

:smh: :stoneface: :frown:

Yeah guys, blame Kobe 100% but don't give any blame to the man that made the decision, Jim Buss. :lol:

"JIM BUSS HAS A PLAN. 2014. HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING."

LOL.

Right. The man is a genius. He clearly had a genius plan for 2014. Give a guy who still hasn't returned from an Achilles injury a 48 million dollar extension... :rofl:

But it's all Kobe's fault, for saying yes to the offer on the table and financially securing his wife and kids for the rest of their lives. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I don't know guys. I wanted Kobe to retire a Laker and I will get that wish. But he just put the organization in a lock with the contract he just signed.....

Yeah guys, blame Kobe 100% but don't give any blame to the man that made the decision, Jim Buss. :lol:

LOL.

Right. The man is a genius. He clearly had a genius plan for 2014. Give a guy who still hasn't returned from an Achilles injury a 48 million dollar extension... :rofl:

But it's all Kobe's fault, for saying yes to the offer on the table and financially securing his wife and kids for the rest of their lives. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
My man.

I agree with almost everything you say :lol:

Yeah guys, blame Kobe but not Jim Buss. :lol:

LOL.

Right. The man is a genius. He clearly had a genius plan for 2014. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Naw, he's trying to win like you guys have been campaigning to do.
Smart ones have been wanting to tank and get rid of Kobe from the jump.
The right plan for 2014.

Look, this deal is trash and Jim Buss should be slapped.
U cant live off a CP3 trade that didn't happen forever.

Where's your plan? How are you building your franchise?
Do you wanna sell out every game for the next 2 years or build a dynasty that will take shape in 4/5 years?
It's obvious to see which choice Buss made, extremely short sighted in my eyes.

I like the Kobe extension .... Lakers have cash so the Kobe ext. should not be an issue. 

Mitch has a dope signature.
nthat.gif

With 24 million per year for his old ***, he better play smart ball and not AI ball.

Last edited:
Maybe they'll stretch Steve Nash or pray he retires to absorb some of this for next summer.

SoHi I don't like the deal bro.

You really think I want to give a 36 year old Kobe with a torn Achilles 48 million? :lol:

I'm jus sayin. How can you be mad at a father for taking an offer on the table to make his kids, and future grandkids set for life.

Is it selfish? He'll yeah it is basketball wise. I'm very dissapointed that he would do that to our salary cap.

But life wise? He did what's best for his family.
How the hell am I gonna sit here and be mad at a guy for taking 48 million dollars that's being handed to him by an idiot owner?

I'm more upset at how stupid Jim Buss could possibly be to even offer such a deal.

Kobe wouldn't be able to agree if it wasn't offered. That's all I'm sayin.

It's stupid and selfish, but how could anyone really be mad at him considering his wife was on the verge of divorcing him and taking 150 mill away from him just a year ago?

Don't you think that scared the guy enough to wanna get as much as he can just in case she does pull the trigger?

Im just thinking outside the box.

Jim Buss is the biggest idiot in basketball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom