[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Funny.

7-7 without our best player and without Nash, yet it was dillusional for anyone to say this team wasn't built to tank.

It doesn't matter what any of us want. Whether we want a tank, or don't want the tank, it doesn't matter.

Let's just speak facts.

Were a .500 squad without Kobe.
Kobe should coming back in a few weeks, according to his camp.
Kobe will want to win.

Were still not a good team, but you really honestly still think this squad is goin to compete for a top 8 draft pick still? :lol:

EDIT: and before you start going off CP, i already told you... i know a mediocre pick doesnt help us, i dont wanna barely miss the playoffs and just have a middle round pick.

Im putting aside what i want or you want and just asking a question based on facts. Will this team really be THAT BAD? No matter what we want individually, and no matter whats best for our future... Will It?

Last edited:
nope, we'll be stuck right in the worst spot, not contending, and not tanking, just... there |I

hope we get some of these guys back next year at least, notably hill, xavier, farmar

7-7 ain't 82 games.

05 Lakers had a winning record into January or something, then died a good death.

2 days ago we were 13th in the West. Please stop riding high after beating the 14th team in the West.

Pau looks much much better lately, however.

I'm not "riding high"... Don't exaggerate my post as excitement :lol:

There's nothing exciting about the mediocre place in the standings we have, nothing.

I was just putting my wants, your wants, and everyone else's wants aside and asking a realistic objective question.

If you honestly believe we're bad enough to get a top 8 pick then that's fine, that's your opinion.

But I'm wondering what everyone else's opinion is as well, objectively.

Do you guys really think we're going to be bad enough to get a top 8 pick?

Sounds like i found our next poll.

NEW POLL UP.

[COLOR=#red]THIS IS NOT A "ARE YOU PRO TANK OR ANTI TANK" question.[/COLOR]

Its a question asking you to be objective.

All personal feelings towards tanking aside, what do you think about our team realistically?

Do you honestly believe we will be bad enough for a top 8 pick with Kobe coming back soon?

Vote and Discuss if you'd like.

Last edited:
after watching preseason I didn't think this team was poor enough to make the lottery. it's still early but this next road trip will reveal any and all flaws.

I absolutely believe we will be "bad" enough for a top lotto pick.

To this point, Nash and Kaman have already fallen. (not that they did much anyways)

Will Pau stay healthy for 82? Meeks play well all 82? Jordan Hill stay healthy? Blake be healthy all year? Will Kobe's defense, or lackthereof, help us win games?

I expect Farmar, X, Wes to stay healthy most of the year, younger, fresher, etc.

The excitement over being .500 and "Kobe's not even back yet" is way misleading. What if Kobe comes back ala Nash? Not all the way there. What if he comes back, only to re injure another part of his leg due to stress on it, much like Rose?

PERFECT health, every player, 82 games? Sure, we could fight for the 8 seed. What NBA season features perfect health for an entire team tho? That's what I base my prediction of 32 wins on. No way I expect us to survive all year.

Oh and by the way, IF, this squad somehow manages to fight for playoff contention, with this poor of a roster...........Mike D'Antoni sucks? This group? Fighting for playoffs, in the West, sucks?

Hmmm

that makes sense but then you realize the team hasn't been healthy all year and have had their best stretch while dealing with the most injuries (3 straight w's w/o kobe nash kaman). nobody is really playing out of their minds either except maybe jodie and blake so it's not like we should expect them to come crashing back to earth

Last edited:
Thats the thing though.

You raved about how "great" the moves Jerry Buss made were, bringing in young athletic scorers in the off-season.
You constantly rave about how underrated D'Antoni is, and how great he would be if he would of had Rondo and Gortat, etc.

But you also say you absolutely believe we'll suck so bad that we'll end up with a great top 8 pick.

You contradict yourself so much and you dont even realize it.
You want it to be both ways, but it cant be.

D'Antoni's somehow managed to get us to 7-7 with the crappiest Laker team we've seen in over a decade.
I am willing to give him some slight credit and admit, so far its been better than expected. These young kids obviously play with nothing to lose and its leading to a lot of wins no one thought would happen.

Yet, you absolutely dont believe with a healthy Kobe this team realistically is going to be around that .500 mark give or take for the season. :lol:

You're the first one to point out every little great thing MDA does during games, in your subtle and mocking CP ways...
"Oh, that was a great play drawn up... i wonder who drew it up? :nerd:"
"Oh, wow... looks like the young guys are playing with a lot of energy, i wonder who could be bringing the best out of them? :nerd:"

All these comments constantly rubbing it in our face that MDA is a better coach than we think.

BUT, when it comes down to it... you dont believe in him enough to sustain the .500 record that he has already proved he could achieve with such a mediocre roster...

EVEN WITH KOBE COMING BACK.

:lol:

"But, he might be like Nash"...

CMON CP. Be real man. Kobe will not be like nash. He might not be the same, he might not even average 25 anymore... Maybe not even 20.
But you hoenstly believe that Kobe Bryant will look as horrific as Nash does?
You really dont think Kobe will contribute enough to make a difference offensively?

No **** his defense sucks, everyones does... that wont change anything.
But if he's health enough to play, you really think he'll be as ineffective as Nash? SERIOUSLY? KOBE WILL BE LIKE NASH? :lol:

Cmon bro.

Last edited:
Edit. According to multiple sources, the Lakers and Kobe agreed upon 2 yr contract extension. Details of the deal not yet released.

Last edited:
Regarding the new poll, I don't think we'll be bad enough for a top 8 draft pick next year when Kobe comes back. :\ I would never count that dude out. That's why I'm with the idea of Kobe resting for the majority of the season, he should've just kept himself fresh for the upcoming season. Don't f this up Kobs :frown:

Last edited:
BREAKING: The ‪#‎Lakers‬ and Kobe Bryant agree to terms on a contract extension.

Press Release: http://on.nba.com/1eubAtT

“This is a very happy day for Lakers fans and for the Lakers organization,” said GM Mitch Kupchak. “We’ve said all along that our priority and hope was to have Kobe finish his career as a Laker, and this should ensure that that happens."

View media item 668120

GOD NO KOBE SIGNED AN EXTENSION :frown: :frown: :frown:

I'm hoping it's less than 20 mil a year but that's impossible.

HOW THE **** DO YOU GIVE 20+ mil to a 356 year old who plays NO DEFENSE coming off achilles injury without seeing him play?!!
this is why I wanted to tank, now the lakers are handcuffed to lord kobe for another 3 years.

This ******g sucks.

Nope.

Reported @ 20-25 mil for the last 2 years.
Still the highest paid player in basketball.

Welcome to basketball purgatory for 3 years folks, hope u enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

2 years 28 mil..

14 mil per

nerd.gif

Kobe signs new contract, but terms not announced... Still going to be highest paid player in the NBA. so much for getting him on a discount to draw free agents.

CP1708 comments on this ???

Last edited:
He got the contract just to be highest paid player in the league for 2 more years :lol:

There's no way he deserves this much money. Sorry I'm not having it.
Speaks on Kobe too, he's always been more individual goal minded than team orientated.
I don't blame him for getting his money but look at vets like KG and Brady who take pay cuts in the end of their careers.
No way your team can expect to contend for a title when your best player takes half the salary, shoots 25 times a game and doesn't play defense.

I'm sick.

2 years, 48.5 mil officially.

That's 3 years 80 million for 2013-2016 :rofl: :rofl: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Kobe drives revenue arguably more than any other superstar in the league.

He's worth that money and some. EASY.

However, taking a paycut would have probably put the Lakers in better position, so this kind of sucks.

but saying he's not worth that money? stupid as hell to say that.

if there was no salary cap, you realize lebron and kobe and other superstars would be making upwards of 200 million right?

Look at baseball players, thats the way these dudes would get paid without the salary cap.

Based on what the Lakers make off of Kobe, he's been underpaid his whole career.

Same goes with Lebron.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom