[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
dont know how to feel on this extension. years is good. if its 40 mill... :x

Thats the thing though.

You raved about how "great" the moves Jerry Buss made were, bringing in young athletic scorers in the off-season.
You constantly rave about how underrated D'Antoni is, and how great he would be if he would of had Rondo and Gortat, etc.

But you also say you absolutely believe we'll suck so bad that we'll end up with a great top 8 pick.

You contradict yourself so much and you dont even realize it.
You want it to be both ways, but it cant be.

D'Antoni's somehow managed to get us to 7-7 with the crappiest Laker team we've seen in over a decade.
I am willing to give him some slight credit and admit, so far its been better than expected. These young kids obviously play with nothing to lose and its leading to a lot of wins no one thought would happen.

Yet, you absolutely dont believe with a healthy Kobe this team realistically is going to be around that .500 mark give or take for the season. :lol:

You're the first one to point out every little great thing MDA does during games, in your subtle and mocking CP ways...
"Oh, that was a great play drawn up... i wonder who drew it up? :nerd:"
"Oh, wow... looks like the young guys are playing with a lot of energy, i wonder who could be bringing the best out of them? :nerd:"

All these comments constantly rubbing it in our face that MDA is a better coach than we think.

BUT, when it comes down to it... you dont believe in him enough to sustain the .500 record that he has already proved he could achieve with such a mediocre roster...

EVEN WITH KOBE COMING BACK.

:lol:

"But, he might be like Nash"...

CMON CP. Be real man. Kobe will not be like nash. He might not be the same, he might not even average 25 anymore... Maybe not even 20.
But you hoenstly believe that Kobe Bryant will look as horrific as Nash does?
You really dont think Kobe will contribute enough to make a difference offensively?

No **** his defense sucks, everyones does... that wont change anything.
But if he's health enough to play, you really think he'll be as ineffective as Nash? SERIOUSLY? KOBE WILL BE LIKE NASH? :lol:

Cmon bro.

My Buss comments on the young ones is just that, he brought in CHEAP, young, growable labor. Which is good on his part, given what he had to work with. (No money past 2014)

Buss did VERY well, for THIS season getting young, workable talent to develop. (X, Wes, etc) Former Lottery picks, that busted with other teams. And he didn't have to pay them much, and he kept 2014 open. Wouldn't you say that's a great job? Young, cheap, and keeps 2014 clean? Pretty smart, isn't that?

But that don't mean I expect them to then come in and compete for the playoffs. You see the difference? That's not me contradicting, that's me analyzing what the FO tried to accomplish. Keep 2014 clean, but try to locate some diamonds in the rough. So far, maybe they did just that. Maybe 2-3 of these kids will stick around goin into next year

What's this Kobe stuff..............re-signed..........how much????????

But it's not baseball and you just severely handicapped your franchise because you can only spend like 60 mil a year.
We know Bron is the most underpaid player in sports but he did that so he could win.

LEBRON JAMES MAKES 15 MILLION. DAWG. HOW CAN WE JUSTIFY THIS?
IDC how much money the Lakers can make off Kobe. I'm concerned with spending a limited amount on the rest of the team b/c of Kobe.
And it's not like we have any cheap rookie lottery deals. Gunna have to sign a bottom of the barrel free agents and disregarded lottery picks for 3 more years.

Last edited:
2 years.........

48 million?

Accurate? Confirmed?

We're officially tanking then. Top 10 this year, and top 5 pick next year, all free agents will be brought in in 2015, not 2014.

Only way this works.

Kobe. :smh:

U guys realize he hasn't even played yet?!?!?

HE could flame out like Nash and the Lakers would be royally ******.
No amensty clause to get out of this.

I know Kobe is god to a lot of yall.
But he's damn near 37 coming off ACHILLES injury.
How do you extend him for 2 more years without even seeing him in game action ONE TIME??!?!

Kobe drives revenue arguably more than any other superstar in the league.

He's worth that money and some. EASY.

However, taking a paycut would have probably put the Lakers in better position, so this kind of sucks.

but saying he's not worth that money? stupid as hell to say that.

if there was no salary cap, you realize lebron and kobe and other superstars would be making upwards of 200 million right?

Look at baseball players, thats the way these dudes would get paid without the salary cap.

Based on what the Lakers make off of Kobe, he's been underpaid his whole career.

Same goes with Lebron.

100% agree with all of this, and why I agree with Stephen A. Smith when he was talking about all the NBA teams should have paid some of Jordan's last two contracts with the Bulls. The money he made the NBA on filling arenas on away games and concession stands he was well worth it. But also agree that puts the Lakers in a bad situation, for the future. But really what can you if you are the Lakers front office. Puts to rest all the miss the playoff for the next years draft. You are NOT paying anyone that type of money to be picking in the lottery.

Kobe gotta have the biggest ego in sports man.

No way he can say I want to win a title with a straight face anymore.
He wants to score and break Kareem's record.
Dude doesn't give a **** who he plays with for the next 2 years.

Re-damn-diculous. Jimmy Buss is an *** clown for even throwing that number up there man, and dammit Kobe is selfish for wanting that much. He's my favorite player but dammit obviously he's not wanting to get another ring taking up damn near half the cap. Just what the hell is going on in LA man? Inmates running the asylum.

We ain't gone be **** until 2016 at the EARLIEST. They better have gotten confirmation from KD/Russ and K. Love that they'll be on the way in 2016 cause otherwise this makes ZERO sense man.

Last edited:
I haz the sadness man. somebody hold me.
30 fga for Kobe every night for the next 3 years.... why why why why why

I wasn't even expecting much of a paycut, was hoping for something ~ 15 mil a year.
But this ***** Kobe is outta pocket man, he wants 10 million MORE. SELFISH AS HELL, no other way to paint it.
Steph Curry makes like 10 mil a year man...

Kobe doesn't want another title. Dude wants the scoring record.
What a *****.

Back
Top Bottom