[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Dude, you have no God damn clue what the hell you sayin.

Teams reached out for his input, but they aren't going to pay him 12-13-14 million dollars like he can command.

The guy went to 13 Finals in 19 years.

Not one single coach in history, in ANY sport, can say that.

So take your dense self elsewhere and stop cluttering our thread with your stupidity.

dude thinking phil jackson is at home in his pajamas with a 4month old beard looking at the classifieds 
laugh.gif

Nobody's arguing with his past accomplishments. He can't get a job NOW. All those teams reaching out to him, including LA, no one signing him. You don't find that th least bit odd, that NO ONE is hiring him?

And dont use the Lords name like that, not cool

Phil Jackson walked away on his own terms, hes not goin to come out of retirement for a 1st round exit potential.

youre a fool not to believe in his greatness

welp, time to give my grandpa a call and tell him that he was an overrated doctor because he doesnt currently have a job

Also his health concerns; he vehemently mentioned his concern for the grueling and extensive travel of the regular season given his hip replacement surgery. Until he feels fully recovered and physically ready or in layman's terms, if a team is willing to pay him enough money to make it worthwhile to return, he'll just kick back with John Mayer in Montana.

If Phil Jackson walked into any team's office in the entire NBA, except for the Heat (and possibly, maybe even including them) and said "I'd like to coach again. Will do every game. No player decisions. Asking only $2mill per," the entire league would trip over themself, and every coach in the league would be like "Welp."

This dude really doesn't believe that. :wow: The reason he ain't working is because of his demands, NOT because he has no merit.

Just to save you some time:
mer·itˈmerit/ "noun"
the quality of being particularly good or worthy, esp. so as to deserve praise or reward.
"composers of outstanding merit"
synonyms: excellence, quality, caliber, worth, worthiness, credit, value, distinction, eminence

Last edited:
if you had to choose one of these scenarios over the last 15 years, which would you choose?
- Shaq/Pau + Kobe + average coach
- Shaq/Pau + average guard + Phil

if you had to choose one of these scenarios over the last 15 years, which would you choose?

Shaq and Kobe are 2 of the best ever so I'd definitely have to say them + a random coach.

Shaq hit the gene pool lottery like a mug, the combo of his size and athleticism was absolutely unreal. He'd dominate on any team/system in his prime with any coach. With what we've all heard about Kobe's work ethic and will to win I think he'd be just as good of a player, at least individually, without Phil. His raw talent, skill and athleticism during his first couple years as a teenager before Phil got there was undeniable, although I do think Phil made him a much better and smarter player than he would have been without him but thats just my opinion

Phil Jackson was undoubtedly crucial to our success, but I do think everybody needs to give the talent of the teams a little more credit and I'm not talking about Shaq/Kobe/Pau. There were many role players who came through and made many much needed plays to help us out in winning the chip(s), most notably Fish, Horry, BShaw, Odom, Bynum, Ariza, and even guys like Farmar and Shannon Brown really contributed to that 'Bench Mob'.

Great question though, definitely didn't think I'd respond so in-depth :lol:

With all that being said, I'm glad everything worked out the way it did. :D

Shaq / Pau + Kobe average coach... It's pretty much fool proof.

All you need to do to beat that second team is to go hard after Pau and take him out of the game.

Last edited:
would an average guard be like raja bell?

raking them in order of best chance to win a chip

kobe/pau/average coach

shaq/average player/phil

shaq/kobe/average coach

pau/average player/phil

Pau/Kobe/average coach has a better chance to win then Shaq/Kobe/average coach?! Yikes! Former: back2back2back Finals, winning the last 2. Latter: back2back2back, winning all 3 (including a 1-loss playoff), then back in the Finals two years later. :nerd:

And 'average guard' would be any starter who is not really known for being clutch, not really known for phenomenal shots, not really known for stellar passing or rebounding. Just known for getting buckets, like a good, average 2-guard does.

Pau/Kobe/average coach has a better chance to win then Shaq/Kobe/average coach?! Yikes! Former: back2back2back Finals, winning the last 2. Latter: back2back2back, winning all 3 (including a 1-loss playoff), then back in the Finals two years later.
nerd.gif

And 'average guard' would be any starter who is not really known for being clutch, not really known for phenomenal shots, not really known for stellar passing or rebounding. Just known for getting buckets, like a good, average 2-guard does.
guessing the players will be at the ages at the time, without phil i see the shaq/kobe going sour 4 years earlier. yeah shaq/kobe is by far the most talented but as we have seen talent doesnt always work out. Phil did serious work with that team to get shaq and kobe on the same page, without him they wouldnt even be in the same book. i put kobe/pau/coach first because that older version of kobe meant that there are no real chemistry problems on the team. Shaq/phil second because shaq on any team  is a finals contender and phil can make any team work.

i just dont see shaq and young kobe working if we didnt have phil

Makes sense.

So if Shaq/Frobe wouldn't work with an average coach, then which of these gives us the best chance?
- Shaq/average guard/average coach
- average center/Kobe/average coach

Back
Top Bottom