[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Makes sense.

So if Shaq/Frobe wouldn't work with an average coach, then which of these gives us the best chance?
- Shaq/average guard/average coach
- average center/Kobe/average coach
prime shaq no question, a team with shaq with no other allstars and no guard to close games is not winning anything.

even when i listed kobe/pau/coach as the most likely to win a title thats assuming that its 07-11 kobe with the teachings/wisdom of phil. imo without playing for phil kobe is the greatest "put up 35 ppg every season but never win anything" player of all time

even when i listed kobe/pau/coach as the most likely to win a title thats assuming that its 07-11 kobe with the teachings/wisdom of phil. imo without playing for phil kobe is the greatest "put up 35 ppg every season but never win anything" player of all time
this is ammo for ska

Nah he's probably wondering why anyone would build a team around Shaq, i mean he only averaged 2.5 assists a game. Sounds pretty overrated to me

:lol:

No it wouldn't, because of how dominant he was.

Remember those YEARS Kobe had the league by the nuts? Like, "Shut everything down, Kobe's destroying everyone, someone else can win as soon as he retires"?

And I ain't even trying to make this an anti-Kobe thing, but if I'm going to have my words twisted around, then let's go. :smile:

Last edited:
:lol:

See, I wasn't even trying to make it all that.

Least Drizzy, Essential, & manup gave it a go, [tosh] and for that, we thank you. [/tosh]

Last edited:
Shaq and kobe without phil would have been broken up 3 seasons earlier without any titles

Last edited:
Makes sense.

So if Shaq/Frobe wouldn't work with an average coach, then which of these gives us the best chance?
- Shaq/average guard/average coach
- average center/Kobe/average coach
we have never seen shaq with an average guard or an average coach before
at least we've seen kobe with an avg center (mihm 8) ) and an average coach for a season.

soooo ill go with shaq

[quote name="NobleKane"]Shaq and kobe without phil would have been broken up 3 seasons earlier without any titles[/quote] So Shaq/average guard/Phil would have had a better chance then Shaq/Kobe/average coach? :nerd:

Last edited:
And 'average guard' would be any starter who is not really known for being clutch, not really known for phenomenal shots, not really known for stellar passing or rebounding. Just known for getting buckets, like a good, average 2-guard does.

ill take shaq/kobe/avg coach :nerd:

Originally Posted by NobleKane  
Shaq and kobe without phil would have been broken up 3 seasons earlier without any titles
So Shaq/average guard/Phil would have had a better chance then Shaq/Kobe/average coach?
nerd.gif
well... yeah

but if we had prime shaq and prime kobe on the same team with an average coach.... not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5

[quote name="ScottHallWithAPick"]Non-Laker fan dropping by:

Ska, when you say average do you mean like T-Mac or like OJ Mayo or like Nick Young?[/quote]OJ's a good one. Tmac's too explosive. Young is... ummmm, no. :lol:

and before this turns into a young kobe's bad attitude would have broken up the team without phil debate, it would not have worked because of kobe AND shaq

as great as shaq was he is one of the biggest drama queens in NBA history, when kobe grew older he grew up and became a great teammate/leader. Watch a TNT show and you will see that shaq is still the child that he was back in his lakers days

Eh on the "great teammate/leader" comment.

I know his personality took a hold of the team, but I feel Fish and Odom were the vocal leaders on the team that held things together.

[quote name="sea manup"]and before this turns into a young kobe's bad attitude would have broken up the team without phil debate, it would not have worked because of kobe AND shaq

as great as shaq was he is one of the biggest drama queens in NBA history, when kobe grew older he grew up and became a great teammate/leader. Watch a TNT show and you will see that shaq is still the child that he was back in his lakers days
[/quote]Was gonna mention this earlier, and here's something you vehemently pro-Kobe guys can chime in on without cheating on Mamba:

I think current Kobe would have been better with prime Shaq, and Frobe would have been better with Pau. Thoughts?

Originally Posted by sea manup  
and before this turns into a young kobe's bad attitude would have broken up the team without phil debate, it would not have worked because of kobe AND shaq

Was gonna mention this earlier, and here's something you vehemently pro-Kobe guys can chime in on without cheating on Mamba:

I think current Kobe would have been better with prime Shaq, and Frobe would have been better with Pau. Thoughts?
why would frobe be better with pau than kobe was?

if frobe got mad at shaq for being lazy during the regular season he would have literally murdered pau in his sleep for how soft he plays now

[quote name="sea manup"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]Was gonna mention this earlier, and here's something you vehemently pro-Kobe guys can chime in on without cheating on Mamba:

I think current Kobe would have been better with prime Shaq, and Frobe would have been better with Pau. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]why would frobe be better with pau than kobe was?

if frobe got mad at shaq for being lazy during the regular season he would have literally murdered pau in his sleep for how soft he plays now[/quote]Because I think the MAIN problem w/ Frobe&Shaq was that both of them thought THEY were 'the man', like how people joke about Batman&Superman.

I think w/ Frobe&Pau, there's no question who the man is.

Then on the flip, I think w/ Shaq & this Kobe, I think this Kobe is more mature than that Shaq (or any Shaq), so he would have had a more mature, professional approach. It would have been a non-issue because I think this Kobe wouldn't have let him bother him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom