[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
out of all college players. Parker looks the most NBA ready

Wiggins on the other hand, his talent is so raw. for him to be great he's goin to need a really good coach.

hypothetically if we were to land Wiggins, do we switch coaches?? stick with Dantoni??

i dnt think Dantoni can handle the potential of Wiggins without a floor general PG

Last edited:
Waiting on 2 announcements, with the latter being more vital: Kobe's Return and Nash's sanguine impending retirement.

87071-Caddyshack-gif-well-were-waiti-ZRtq.gif

Tell 'em how you feel CP. :lol:

out of all college players. Parker looks the most NBA ready

Wiggins on the other hand, his talent is so raw. for him to be great he's goin to need a really good coach.

hypothetically if we were to land Wiggins, do we switch coaches?? stick with Dantoni??

i dnt think Dantoni can handle the potential of Wiggins without a floor general PG

If D'Antoni isn't gone after this season then we REALLY got issues...

Why?

Let me just ask this... We are 6-7, without a #1 scorer. Our #2 scorer looks like crap. The PG who was signed to help us win a title has barely played and when he does looks like ****. And the team is filled with outcasts who were a year or two away from playing themselves out of the NBA. Does MDA get any credit for it?

Last edited:

Why?

Let me just ask this... We are 6-7. Does MDA get any credit for it?

1. He's proven for years that he only cares about one side of the floor.

2. 6-7 and you want me to give him credit for that? Maybe if they win 45 or more games (which I seriously doubt) but right now? Nah.

Why?

Let me just ask this... We are 6-7, without a #1 scorer. Our #2 scorer looks like crap. The PG who was signed to help us win a title has barely played and when he does looks like ****. And the team is filled with outcasts who were a year or two away from playing themselves out of the NBA. Does MDA get any credit for it?

I think Jordan looks really good

Why?

2. 6-7 and you want me to give him credit for that? Maybe if they win 45 or more games (which I seriously doubt) but right now? Nah.

By the way.. That is absolute nonsense. Every Lakers reporter always says he commits a lot of time to defense in his practices. His offense leads to a lot of possessions for both teams. You really are destined to have more scoring..

Would you take Tom Thibodeau to be the Lakers coach tomorrow?

Also for what this roster is right now and what people thought coming in... And how the Lakers have looked.. Yes. He deserves some credit. Does Jason Kidd deserve blame for 3-9 start. Did Mike Brown deserve blame for 1-4 start last year. The answer is yes for all 3.

Last edited:

Why?

By the way.. That is absolute nonsense. Every Lakers reporter always says he commits a lot of time to defense in his practices. His offense leads to a lot of possessions for both teams. You really are destined to have more scoring..

Would you take Tom Thibodeau to be the Lakers coach tomorrow?

Also for what this roster is right now and what people thought coming in... And how the Lakers have looked.. Yes. He deserves some credit. Does Jason Kidd deserve blame for 3-9 start. Did Mike Brown deserve blame for 1-4 start last year. The answer is yes for all 3.

I been hearing this same **** since 05, it's old. At some point it is what it is .

We BEEN having problems with PG's killing us for years and you bring in a coach who's bad at coaching defense that's just gonna make the problem worse. Yeah, this roster isn't that good and the head coach is part of the problem.

Last edited:
I been hearing this same **** since 05, it's old. At some point it is what it is .

We BEEN having problems with PG's killing us for years and you bring in a coach who's bad at coaching defense that's just gonna make the problem worse. Yeah, this roster isn't that good and the head coach is part of the problem.

It doesn't matter if you've been hearing it for a while. If it's true. To say he only CARES about one side of the ball is not true of any coach. To say he specializes on offense that's fine. But if you go through Basketball and Football where you have defined two sides of play that is altered by schemes it is riddled with guys who are better at one side.

Phil Jackson was around for many of those years of PGs killing us... Soooooooooo what are you saying?

You sure it is the Head Coach that leads to PGs killing us.. Or weak defensive PGs like Derek Fisher, Steve Nash, Steve Blake who were the reason PGs light us up.

When we had a defensive coach.. We still got lit up by PGs.

Last edited:
if we land certain FA's that can handle the point-coach im for Dantoni staying as the coach

If we go through Draft/development route i think we should grab a different coach

oh no, more dantoni slander

paging essential 

paging CP

No one is saying that Dantoni is a top 3 coach, and unless you have a top 3 coach fans will find ways to complain about coaching. Just look at every other fan of every other team in the NBA thread. Dantoni is doing fine 

I feel like Steve Blake is turning himself into a nice trade chip come February for a team desperate for a competent backup or adequate starter.

Last edited:

Phil Jackson was around for many of those years of PGs killing us... Soooooooooo what are you saying?

You sure it is the Head Coach that leads to PGs killing us.. Or weak defensive PGs like Derek Fisher, Steve Nash, Steve Blake who were the reason PGs light us up.

:lol: I said "Been" so that means before D'Antoni.

Fisher, Famar, Blake, Nash all are part of it AND when you hire a coach who doesn't care about defense that's not gonna help. It's simple.

No one is saying that Dantoni is a top 3 coach, and unless you have a top 3 coach fans will find ways to complain about coaching. Just look at every other fan of every other team in the NBA thread. Dantoni is doing fine 

He definitely isn't top 3.

But he isn't worse than 7 or 8.

:lol: I said "Been" so that means before D'Antoni.

Fisher, Famar, Blake, Nash all are part of it AND when you hire a coach who doesn't care about defense that's not gonna help. It's simple.

We hired Mike Brown... Who only cares about Defense..

Back
Top Bottom