[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
pretty sure we only have 8 preseason games

I thought they played 10 games last year.

But anyway. I predict 5-3. Last year Nash and Steve Blake, goudelock, morris etc were put on skates every time. Farmar has better lateral speed. Also guys like Young and Xavier can create shot for themselves which put more pressure on the other team defense.

So far i like what the young guys are doing on the court out there.

Last edited:
If I were making the roster today:

PG: Nash / Farmar / Blake
SG: Kobe / Meeks / Blake
SF: Young / Henry / Kobe / Landry
PF: Hill / Gasol / S. Williams
C: Gasol / Kaman / Sacre

Allowed 13 on the active roster.

D - League : Kelly & Harris
Cut : Wes Johnson, Eric Boateng, Dan Gadzuric, Darius Johnson-Odom

I like Wes, but he didn't really prove to be any more valuable than anyone.

By the way the roster competition I'm more intrigued by.. Who is the older 27 year old.... Marcus Landry or Shawne Williams.

Last edited:
I like farmar on depth chart over blake...I like landry and e.harris so far(watched em in summer league, too)

So wes johnson falls out of favor after 1 gm on 1-4 shooting? I still think hell start at the 3 cuz of the guaranteed deal...just like d.morris last yr over goudelock.

I dunno about meeks anymore as a fit on this tm..hes so one dimensional and u have henry/young/kobe(whom meeks shoots no better than and can also create)who u can mix and match with nash/farmar/blake in the backcourt..

I like farmar on depth chart over blake...I like landry and e.harris so far(watched em in summer league, too)

So wes johnson falls out of favor after 1 gm on 1-4 shooting? I still think hell start at the 3 cuz of the guaranteed deal...just like d.morris last yr over goudelock.

I dunno about meeks anymore as a fit on this tm..hes so one dimensional and u have henry/young/kobe(whom meeks shoots no better than and can also create)who u can mix and match with nash/farmar/blake in the backcourt..

I'd put my $ on Meeks over Blake and Henry.

Just like you said So Wes falls out of favor? Henry shouldn't be looked at as a messiah now.

You would never put Henry & Young on the court at the same time. And Blake really serves no purpose anymore. He is a PG who can't create for others. I want nothing to do with that. He can shoot (at least for a half of the season last year). But there's no purpose of him.

You're right about Wes he is guaranteed, so he'd likely take Shawne's spot. But that $916K guaranteed is not $4mil. If Landry & Henry keep looking this good, that guarantee means nothing.

Also Morris was taken over Goudelock last year because he looked better, and made the most improvement from Year 1 to Year 2.

Yeah..wes' deal is only a mill..but...the only reason id keep blake is for depth purposes for nash.

Im not completely sold on henry yet.as stated earlier, SSS(small sample size). But he at least exhibited the multiple facets to his gm that u can build on..jodie cannot play play inside the arc..doesnt exactly shoot 44%triples...is only 6'4.. is redundant. But I guess he provides depth.

From what I remember, mike broen liked d.mos defense better and glock was a tweener but was a better offensive player..but the guarantee was the kicker..thats just what I remember eeading through sources...

treatment on Kobe's knee must have went pretty well...there is a picture of a bear for his twitter profile photo now.....

Last edited:
I'd put my $ on Meeks over Blake and Henry.

Just like you said So Wes falls out of favor? Henry shouldn't be looked at as a messiah now.

You would never put Henry & Young on the court at the same time. And Blake really serves no purpose anymore. He is a PG who can't create for others. I want nothing to do with that. He can shoot (at least for a half of the season last year). But there's no purpose of him.

You're right about Wes he is guaranteed, so he'd likely take Shawne's spot. But that $916K guaranteed is not $4mil. If Landry & Henry keep looking this good, that guarantee means nothing.

Also Morris was taken over Goudelock last year because he looked better, and made the most improvement from Year 1 to Year 2.

Morris SUCKED **** an improvement

Nash, Young, Johnson, Williams and Gasol starting tonight.

No Farmar and Kaman.

2nd preseason game coming up...

Back
Top Bottom