[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
We've been reduced to celebrating preseason wins.

We gotta do better as a people. :smh: :lol:

I expect it to be 75% by morning.

sacre had a NICE game...shooting that 15 footer with confidence :smokin

Xavier...nice game kid, keep it up.

Nick looked comfy out there, didnt force to much up. He's going to fit in well.

I thought farmar really sets the tone for this team, assertive and always on the go and looking to attack. Good to have my g back in the purp x gold

Team played like a UNIT....i likeeeee

someone help me , earl clark is no longer with lakers? who did we trade him for? :nerd:

on the side note, X is promising

Last edited:
sacre had a NICE game...shooting that 15 footer with confidence :smokin

Xavier...nice game kid, keep it up.

Nick looked comfy out there, didnt force to much up. He's going to fit in well.

I thought farmar really sets the tone for this team, assertive and always on the go and looking to attack. Good to have my g back in the purp x gold

Team played like a UNIT....i likeeeee

Tabernacle :smokin

[quote name="CP"]We've been reduced to celebrating preseason wins.

We gotta do better as a people. :smh: :lol:[/quote]Here, let me... just... tweak a couple things... move this over here... divide by 3... set the oven to broil...

"I've been reduced to celebrating first half deficits, then mocking people who point out that we won... even though I was the first one happy about a meaningless preseason game when it looked the way I wanted it to look."

Fixed.

I think that's what you meant. :D

Last edited:
We've been reduced to celebrating preseason wins.

We gotta do better as a people. :smh: :lol:

I expect it to be 75% by morning.

people aren't celebrating the win. people are finding enjoyment in seeing a team with low expectations compete.

hill and sacre with their hustle? nice to see.

xavier and swaggy p going out and getting shots up? cool.

farmar out there assertive and pushing the pace? wonderful.

stop being such a grouch. you gotta do better as a person.

We looked really promising tonight, even tho it was just preseason, we have already improved from last year

preseason or not it's hard not to be encouraged by what we saw from the lakers tonite. I definitely wasn't expecting them to play so well, getting together in the summer has paid off so far

of course they could look awful tomorrow and still have to prove their cobsistency

Thank god I don't have to be the one to constantly spell it out to CP.

Dude mocks the 67% of people who voted yes when we start off the game slow, even though its a pre-season game without any of our stars... got his lulz while we were losing...
then makes fun of people for enjoying the pre-season win.

So basically, if they had lost you would of rubbed it in everyones face that they were stupid for voting yes...using pre-season tape as your evidence to support us not making the playoffs.

And if we won (which we did) then it doesnt' mean anything and celebrating the teams performance in the pre-season is pathetic.

:lol:

Last edited:
if we can throw a party like this everytime we win this season wont be that bad
"sucks that we will only get to throw 5 parties" - CP

[quote name="L2B"]Thank god I don't have to be the one to constantly spell it out to CP.

Dude mocks the 67% of people who voted yes when we start off the game slow, even though its a pre-season game without any of our stars... got his lulz while we were losing...
then makes fun of people for enjoying the pre-season win.

So basically, if they had lost you would of rubbed it in everyones face that they were stupid for voting yes...using pre-season tape as your evidence to support us not making the playoffs.

And if we won (which we did) then it doesnt' mean anything and celebrating the teams performance in the pre-season is pathetic.

:lol:[/quote]Difference between you and most of the rest of us shoving egg in his face... is that we are just joking, and you are noticeably upset, distraught, or whatever you want to call it.

I don't care how much you say it's just jokes to you, too. Talking about feeling sorry for what is wife has to put up with?

Nah, dog... CP's posts get you to feel some type of way, no doubt.

Last edited:
We won :smokin

I don't care what you say. But i like this team already. I'm calling it early. 8-2 for this preseason. I believe Farmar will be a better starting pg than Nash at this point. He can push the tempo of the game and move laterally better than Nash on defense.

We won
smokin.gif

I don't care what you say. But i like this team already. I'm calling it early. 8-2 for this preseason. I believe Farmar will be a better starting pg than Nash at this point. He can push the tempo of the game and move laterally better than Nash on defense.
pretty sure we only have 8 preseason games

ACB just said he likes this team, if that don't move the stick, nothing will. :lol:

LTB, you needn't get at me for every post. I sort of assume you know I clown a little, yes? What you call arrogance, I call humor.

67%, talk to me. That's ****** clever, come on.

And when I posted that, look it up, it was 15-14 Lakers. So, did I mean that as we suck and y'all gonna look foolish, or swing me to your side of the fence?

You don't know. Nor does anyone else. Bottom line, its me in a lite mood droppin one liners in the first quarter of the first preseason game. :lol:

My next post, take a breath my people. That sort of means; chill, the ****, out. :lol:

We're the L.A. Lakers, hype we won a preseason game. It saddens me to no end. Not jokin, it saddens me. We ain't smile about this crap two, three, four years ago, but we're reduced to it now. Every W we can get. It truly sucks we've come to this.

3-4 days ago, these local bafoons were gassin Portland and I smiled, clearly basketball is back. These guys were sayin Thomas Robinson would be an All Star within a year or two. :lol:
Since that day, LaMarcus left practice with an injury and their #1 Draft Pick just broke his foot. :lol: :smh:

Same ol Portland.

Their fanbase is beyond clueless. I don't want ours goin that direction. 70% of us sayin make the playoffs is plain sad to me. Not that people don't have the right to HOPE, but that we can't stand back, survey the West, and see the writing on the wall.

I just wonder......if folks had to bet girlfriends, cars, money on it, how much that 70% comes down. :lol:
Iono, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, making the playoffs to get tossed up like last year would be a GRAVE, mistake. I wish more folks could understand that.

Fighting, scratching, clawing to an 8 seed THIS year, is not > a shot at something that could help us for years and years. We need a blue chip. Eddie and Bynum were each blue chips at 10 that led to something. Getting one of them (not them literally, a pick like them of course) means A TON more than getting clapped in round one for a second straight year.

Unless anyone believes that Nick Young and Xavier Henry are going to carry three former greats past Chris Paul/Blake G, Dwight/Harden, Memphis, Curry/Iggy/Klay/Barnes, Pop's Spurs, or Durant/Russ.

One of them would be our round one opponent. Only the Spurs match our old age.

I rather try to grab Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Randle, one of the twins, etc etc and use that piece to bring in more fun pieces.

*shrugs*

well to be fair, for every portland fan talking about all star t-robb there's a lakers fan expecting wiggins/lebron/rose/love in two years

for all the crazyness that goes on here, nt actually has pretty rational sports fans, most people i know outside of NT are the biggest homers ever
laugh.gif

Yes, but a fanbase that has had Mikan, Elgin, West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe and Pau SHOULD expect to pull one of those players, no?

Know what I mean? Gone on for 6 decades, it can continue to do so, but need assets.

And I'm not asking for Wiggins. Bynum and Eddie were not #1's, just solid lottery picks. We can get a great piece, don't have to be Wiggins. Like Paul George, what was he, top dozen or so?

Crappy draft year, sure, fight for playoffs, whatever.
ELITE draft class upcoming, clamor for playoffs, I don't get.

(Not that any of us have actual impact on the team). Just a thought process of the fanbase.

No, you don't.

You play to win the title. We winning the title this year? NO.

So what is more beneficial, losing in round 1, or a top ten pick?

1996, 1 lottery pick + one big free agent.

At this time last year Houston had zip. Now they have Harden and Dwight.

Clips, 1 lottery pick + one trade for CP3.

Spurs, miss playoffs, get Tim Duncan.

Cavs, tank, LeBron.

We don't need 3 like how the Thunder and Warriors did. We just need 1. Then we can attract another 1-2.

Get that play to win A game ******** outta here. :lol: That coach got fired you clown. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom